LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Man, did Chiarot bullied you as a child or something?

Nobody is mistaking Chiarot for Chara. But for a guy who found himself in a chair not that suitable for him, he's been extremely useful. He would likely be a solid addition playing 15 minutes on a contender team and will fetch Montreal an interesting return whatever your take on him is.

By the way judging a player on 5 game SCF and pompously trashing him is a little childish.

I dunno but he (and the habs) sure got bullied in the finals though, like I said, I'm hoping a contender overpays for him, makes it that much easier for their opponents.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Chiarot is a solid 2nd pairing defensemen. He’s huge in the playoffs. Any team needs a guy like him in the playoffs. He just needs someone with puck moving ability.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
If Russell's out long term in Edmonton does that change anything with Chiarot?

1st round pick and he's yours no more no less!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's cool and all but Lindholm is one of the most underrated players in the entire NHL. He is playing with a 19 year old and

He won't get 3 firsts as a rental, no one ever has I was obviously joking but he is way way way more valuable than Chiarot.

2 times more valuable maybe. Not 3 times. I think we agree

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Hey you,

unclesam3-jpeg.121762

Yeah YOU!

Are you a fan of a team looking to take the next step in the playoffs?

Do you find your team choking at the worst possible moments?

Is your team lacking in veteran leadership and playoff-style warriors?

Even if you're not a Leafs fan, have I got the deal for you!

Let me introduce you to the ultimate in luxury Defensemen, Ben Chiarot.

upload_2021-12-10_12-3-34.jpeg

- Cannon slapper.
- Booming hits.
- Got a Tkachuk problem? Not anymore.
- Glue guy, might as well call him Elmers.
- Eats pucks for breakfast, goalies love him - shooters hate him.
- Has more playoff games than McDavid and Matthews combined.
- Is in the prime of his career.

Now you're probably thinking, well that's great Canadienna, but I don't want to give up the 3 first-round picks it would take to get him.

Well you would be WRONG! For a limited time only, this one of a kind player can be yours for the low low price of a Lottery protected first round pick!

Call now as supplies are limited and don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Terms and Conditions apply. Product malfunction or false advertising claims will not result in refund.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Hey you,

unclesam3-jpeg.121762

Yeah YOU!

View attachment 489636

- Cannon slapper.
- Booming hits.

Now you're probably thinking, well that's great Canadienna, but I don't want to give up the 3 first-round picks it would take to get him.

Well you would be WRONG! For a limited time only, this one of a kind player can be yours for the low low price of a Lottery protected first round pick!

Call now as supplies are limited and don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Terms and Conditions apply. Product malfunction or false advertising claims will not result in refund.

Love the effort there

Reactions: Canadienna

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have any interest in Chiarot?
We currently have Luke Schenn on the top pairing and Myers-Poolman as the second pairing with OEL and Hamonic out.
So the answer is hell yes! Just don’t think we have the assets as the team can’t afford to trade away another first round pick.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I dunno but he (and the habs) sure got bullied in the finals though, like I said, I'm hoping a contender overpays for him, makes it that much easier for their opponents.

Your posts about Chariot are so salty I have enough salt for my morning eggs for at least a month.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Not for a 1st round pick. There's a need for a bottom pairing LD and Chiarot is a quality 2nd pairing D-man. So the price / player won't match although Chiarot on the bottom pairing is an excellent defence group.

We'd probably be open to a good prospect and a 2nd, if that's what it comes to.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I'd be upset if it was anything less than a first and a prospect. Salary is nothing with retention. Reputation around the league is what the GMs love.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I haven't seen that, but Friedman also said on a 32 thoughts podcast that he could absolutely get a 1st. Johnston said he can get a 1st this week on TSN. Chiarot is Number 1 on the TSN trade bait board. Eric Engels cited 4 NHL front office executives saying Montreal could likely get a 1st for him. Pagnotta said they could get at least a 1st round pick. This isn't coming from just one insider.
Going through this thread It seems that a few posters has better insiders then these unknowns you just listed.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We currently have Luke Schenn on the top pairing and Myers-Poolman as the second pairing with OEL and Hamonic out.
So the answer is hell yes! Just don’t think we have the assets as the team can’t afford to trade away another first round pick.
Habs would get a first all day long for Chiarot. He's pretty good. Maybe a throw in if they retain.

Reactions: CapSpace

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Canucks have any interest in Chiarot?

just because they like to overpay for ex Jets with not much tread left….. does not mean they will trade for him…. They will just wait until he is a UFA and pay him twice what he is worth… ( Poolman/ Myers)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Edmonton should be after him as insurance for Keith on the left side. If Keith (who is their #2 dman) goes down again come playoffs, their defense is in deep trouble.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Hey you,

unclesam3-jpeg.121762

Yeah YOU!

View attachment 489636

- Cannon slapper.
- Booming hits.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad