LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He's getting bashed a lot in this thread, but I always liked him when he was with the Jets. Good skater, hardest shot on the team, tough as hell, and ALWAYS stood up for his team mates. When he was paired with Buff, there weren't too many guys wanting to go into the corners.

Very similar to when we had him with Weber. He was a key reason as to how we made it to the finals. Cleary people in the hockey world have recognized it and that's why speculation is he gets a first from actual hockey people.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
He was good in the playoffs last year. He's a solid #4 D that can play big minutes again tough competition. The main knock on him is he's not a good puck mover so he needs a partner who is.

Worse players than him have fetched a first at the deadline.

I would say he actually makes very good passes from his own end to neutral zone. He takes his place on the ice and shoots a lot. Has a hard shot, but rarely takes very dangerous shots, he juat gets the puck on net and sometimes maybe a bit too fast and therefore killing the play.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Honestly, how does he look this year? Whenever he did not play with Buff he looked lost, how does he look without Weber?
he makes a lot more sense than Petry so far this year. Manages to play rough in a way that is very close to the limit in terms of penalties. 3rd in goals on the habs (lol )
not fast, keeps getting delay of game penalties for clearing the puck in the stands, for some reason.

Reactions: jetsforever

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he makes a lot more sense than Petry so far this year. Manages to play rough in a way that is very close to the limit in terms of penalties. 3rd in goals on the habs (lol )
not fast, keeps getting delay of game penalties for clearing the puck in the stands, for some reason.

Has Chiarot had one penalty this year with a puck over the glass?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm saying if Chariot is landing a 1st the Flames should be shopping their comparable bottom pair guys for that return too. They have a log jam Valimaki is next in line.

and I'm asking, when you guys trade for him, what does your lineup look like?

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
whatt no he doesnt lol do people in these forums really watch Chiarot or yall just come in here posting non sense

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Don't recall but I don't memorize every penalty. Do you think pucks over the glass affects his value? All this Chiarot can provide very good physical and trusted ability to a contender is nonsense? Nobody going to want to trade for him because he throws pucks over the glass all the time?

Care to quantify the pucks over the glass? Once per game, once per week, once per month? Not trying to give you a hard time, I'm curious to know the actual context on it and yes, I do watch the games. I recall some but not this year

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Don't recall but I don't memorize every penalty. Do you think pucks over the glass affects his value? All this Chiarot can provide very good physical and trusted ability to a contender is nonsense? Nobody going to want to trade for him because he throws pucks over the glass all the time?

Care to quantify the pucks over the glass? Once per game, once per week, once per month? Not trying to give you a hard time, I'm curious to know the actual context on it and yes, I do watch the games. I recall some but not this year

Haha no problem! I am actually looking for stats, but im not sure where to find that level of detail. I actually heard about this on TV (RDS), probably during in-game analysis, but it could have been on a hockey show (5 à 7 or AntiChambre). The point was that you can evaluate how often someone is "rushed" to make a defensive play with over-the-glass clearing penalties they get. Chiarot was used as an example of someone that may not be in the right chair with this stat in terms of percentages of his overall penalties per year. I dont think this was turned into an article, so I cant find the numbers - I think it was in the 10-20% range which looks like 1-2 to penalties in 26 games this year. Seems low? but i have no idea how to compare this to other D.

i answered "yes" to your question about Chiarot having a delay of game this year based on this , but that only mentions that game.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Haha no problem! I am actually looking for stats, but im not sure where to find that level of detail. I actually heard about this on TV (RDS), probably during in-game analysis, but it could have been on a hockey show (5 à 7 or AntiChambre). The point was that you can evaluate how often someone is "rushed" to make a defensive play with over-the-glass clearing penalties they get. Chiarot was used as an example of someone that may not be in the right chair with this stat in terms of percentages of his overall penalties per year. I dont think this was turned into an article, so I cant find the numbers - I think it was in the 10-20% range which looks like 1-2 to penalties in 26 games this year. Seems low? but i have no idea how to compare this to other D.

i answered "yes" to your question about Chiarot having a delay of game this year based on this , but that only mentions that game.

I'm a stats nerd. Wish we had access to more stats. With this analytical movement and how the industry is spending multi-millions, I wonder sometimes if this is for the Fans or the Teams.

Would be nice if we have ability to filter penalties and what type of penalties they are.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I agree with this.

Subban, Giordano, Stralman, Ristolainen, De Haan, Miller are all on teams that are at least 5 points out of a playoff spot as of today.

Lots of supply this season vs. last season.

Add in Chara, Bruan, Manson(if the Ducks drop), Leddy, and Lyubushkin. that is not counting any Defenseman on other teams that is either not fitting in or is expecting an arbitration raise and teams want to get ahead of it before the off season. We always see a couple of those deals at the deadline.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
2 1sts ? Am I living in lala land? Bourgault is dominating the Q in his D+1 and looks fantastic and you want him PLUS another #1? No thanks
Plenty of prospects dominate in Juniors and never amount to anything.

It's 2 firsts if you make the finals, otherwise, a prospect and a 2nd. It's not insane value for a top-4 on a team thin on D.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If he's the same player as he was on the Jets, I think a 2nd and small add should be the ceiling. He plays a playoff style game and can log big minutes though so a 1st makes sense

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he's the same player as he was on the Jets, I think a 2nd and small add should be the ceiling. He plays a playoff style game and can log big minutes though so a 1st makes sense

He's playing more min's with the Habs vs when he was with the Jets and he's also very matured at this point with the experience he has. His skating is very good for a big man which is important. Loved how he steps up in big games. And this is why I feel he is getting talked about so much. Not going to turn the needle with point production but man, he is a rock back there and will no doubt help your goalie and give the other teams forwards fits and make them pay physically.

Hard to say what he returns but because there will be interest from several teams, the price will be strong. My gut said two 2nd's and I can see a 1st but that to me is an outside chance. Might come down to how many of his types are available

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Every Dman in the league does this so it would not effect his trade value...Guys who have won the Norris have done this.
If a good team expecting big things in the playoffs want Big Ben, they will easily give up a 1st.

Reactions: Gaud

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
OK, 2 weeks ago
Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

well Chiarot now TOPS the trade bait list , now expect a 1st + 3rd and who knows in 2 weeks who will offer even more.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
at least 6 teams would be interested and dont forget any team looking already know their 1st is 25-31 on the pick list. yes nobody is giving a top 5 1st round pick. Also they could offer Chiarot a new contract at a good price as soon as they make the trade.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
at least 6 teams would be interested and dont forget any team looking already know their 1st is 25-31 on the pick list. yes nobody is giving a top 5 1st round pick. Also they could offer Chiarot a new contract at a good price as soon as they make the trade.
Whenever a 1st round pick is mentioned, people kind of thinking it's top 10-15 picks. Contenders will pick late in the 1st round. How many of these late 1st round picks will make it to the NHL? Get Chiarot for a playoff run to win the Cup and possibly signed him after clearly worth these late 1st round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad