LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How so?

Clearly it states that I've watched a lot of him play .. he's grown marginally from the Jets to the habs.

That's you choosing read what you want to!

Habs is with a capital H btw. ;)

"He's grown marginally from the Jets to the Habs". That was not part of your original post. Nice to see that you have come around and are willing to admit it.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Habs is with a capital H btw. ;)

"He's grown marginally from the Jets to the Habs". That was not part of your original post. Nice to see that you have come around and are willing to admit it.

Didn't need to be, as I stated
. Still only worth a second

And nicknames and abbreviations do not need to be capitalized

Reactions: Trooth

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Didn't need to be, as I stated
. Still only worth a second

And nicknames and abbreviations do not need to be capitalized

Not sure he gets a 1st and I've said that many times now. My bench mark is two 2nd's or a 2nd and prospect.

You sure you didn't capitalize the H in Habs cause that's what you think of us? :sarcasm:

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Happy to say we already have atleast 2 both are great skaters in Guhle and Romanov (I know he ain't 6'3, but he is a tank) and Maybe Mailloux the guy is 6'5. I'd like to grab Jiricek this draft and have a future potential top 4 of

Guhle (6'2/6'3) - Jiricek (6'3)
Romanov (6'0) - Mailloux (6'5)

And they can all skate.

Mailloux is 6'3 unless he had a third growth spurt :D
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...gan_Mailloux&usg=AOvVaw3dsIsSKi-OFmiQgIsQ-JsB

Logan Mailloux Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Chiarot is the worse defenseman in the league. He can't skate. He can't shoot. His decision making is horrible. He's gassy. He's not worth anything unless we throw Guhle in the trade.

I like to resign him for 3.5x3 and save any trading teams from his flatulence....
...but, how do you really feel about him?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwijsOHCrc_0AhWel4kEHVdrCtcQmhN6B
[URL='https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwijsOHCrc_0AhWel4kEHVdrCtcQmhN6BAhCEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLogan_Mailloux&usg=AOvVaw3dsIsSKi-OFmiQgIsQ-JsB']https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwijsOHCrc_0AhWel4kEHVdrCtcQmhN6BAhCEAI&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Mailloux&usg=AOvVaw3dsIsSKi-OFmiQgIsQ-JsB

AhCEAI&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Mailloux&usg=AOvVaw3dsIsSKi-OFmiQgIsQ-JsB[/URL]

Logan Mailloux Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

You didn't read my later post eh? The Habs scouting staff has talked about him being taller than 6'3 and Tony Marinaro on TSN690 and kinda yelled at management saying. He's 6'5 and skates well and you wanted him so say it. Had trouble finding the clips cause ya know it's from like 7 months ago.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Chiarot is worth the 1st rounder.

Then you have to consider that some GMs will make a little bidding war so a 3rd might be thrown in. Then one of them will say a 1st 3rd + long shot prospect

and at that point you either pull the trigger or wait for a 1st + 2nd.

It will be a great year for sellers, as Arizona already traded everyone and a lot of teams are trying to make a push to get better specially after the covid years. They need a competitive team to bring the fans back

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Honestly, how does he look this year? Whenever he did not play with Buff he looked lost, how does he look without Weber?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Honestly, how does he look this year? Whenever he did not play with Buff he looked lost, how does he look without Weber?
Pretty solid all-around. He'll never be an elite puck-mover, or even a pretty good one, but he's getting it done. He shouldn't be on the PP, but right now he is on the first unit as the only D.

He just played 28 minutes in a game we got to OT. I'd be happy to re-sign him over the summer, but for now unless the offers for him aren't worthwhile, I think we have to go for picks/kids.

Chiarot, Lehkonen and Evans are probably the only 3 Habs to have played up to expectations every game of the season.

I know Habs fans tend to overrate our assets, but in this case as a complementary player to add solid playoff-tested depth at reasonable cost, a 1st, or some combo of prospect and pick of similar value, seems reasonable, considering what rentals often go for.

I'd bet real money he fetches at least a 2nd and a 3d or equivalent value. My ask from a team like Edmonton would be Bourgault (ie, 1st round prospect) and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if they make the finals.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
That's not how value is determined at all though. Savard was the best rental defenseman available last year, Chairot is at best 4th on the list of LD right now. Savard has had years of developing a reputation as a twi way 2nd pairing defenseman who used to be able to step up to top pair when needed. Chairot is more one dimensional.

All of this "Chairot for a 1st" talk is posturing by Montreal media. It's the Habs leaking some info so they can maybe squeeze a better pick out of one of their few trade assets whose trade value isn't at an all time low. Chairot won't bring back a 1st.

I agree with this.

Subban, Giordano, Stralman, Ristolainen, De Haan, Miller are all on teams that are at least 5 points out of a playoff spot as of today.

Lots of supply this season vs. last season.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I agree with this.

Subban, Giordano, Stralman, Ristolainen, De Haan, Miller are all on teams that are at least 5 points out of a playoff spot as of today.

How many are on expiring contracts ? That's the other key consideration, that a contender can add a top-4 defender without committing precious cap space for next season to the newly acquired player.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I agree with this.

Giordano is the only one that I'd easily take above Chiarot, but he also makes close to double the money... Ristolainen is close to Chiarot, he's RHD so it might comes down to the preferred side really. He's also paid 1.9M more. If it's just me, I'd take Chiarot. Ristolainen might be better offensively and more aggressive, but he lacks defensive awarness and positioning. Guy is -173 for his career ffs!!! I still like the player tho.
Most team looking to add a dman for the playoffs already have a PP guy. They'll most likely want a guy to play physical and be reliable when their top guys are on the bench. That's exactly what Chiarot and Giordano are.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He's been solid all year without Weber. And he actually has higher production without Weber. Go figure. The value to Chiarot is someone good in the room and someone who is strong as an ox. Someone who steps up in the playoffs and makes your life miserable if you want to go to the net and try to play along the walls down low.

There is a reason why Chiarot is talked about a lot. He really was a big piece for the Habs big top 4D in the playoffs.

His mobility as a big strong guy does not get talked about enough either. I recall when the Habs signed Savard and I was worried about his skating and several fans said he is good but big boys like Chiarot who can skate are rare. Savard was a mistake by the Habs IMO. Never sign guys with term who can't skate well.

No idea if he gets a 1st or not. That's a high price but if any other team had him, they might set that price high as well. He really has been a warrior and very consistent.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How many are on expiring contracts ? That's the other key consideration, that a contender can add a top-4 defender without committing precious cap space for next season to the newly acquired player.
Every one of the defensemen listed is on an expiring contract. Along with guys like Josh Manson and Hampus Lindholm in Anaheim, and a few others who may fall out of the playoff race before the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad