LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Try again.....liability or not Klingnerg brings back a 1rst easily especially to a team with defensive injuries . This isn't even close .
Different player, both should bring back a 1st. Klingberg should normally bring more even tho he's not having a very good season so far.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Acquiring team's first + additional 2nd/3rd for Chiarot and MTL's 2nd

He's definitely not a bad player like some of the comments make him out to be, but a 1st flatout just feels wrong for him
We'll get a 1st for him without giving our early 2nd.
The team who gets him for a late 1st will probably be very happy once they see him play for them.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Chiarot is the worse defenseman in the league. He can't skate. He can't shoot. His decision making is horrible. He's gassy. He's not worth anything unless we throw Guhle in the trade.

I like to resign him for 3.5x3 and save any trading teams from his flatulence....

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Chiarot is the worse defenseman in the league. He can't skate. He can't shoot. His decision making is horrible. He's gassy. He's not worth anything unless we throw Guhle in the trade.

I like to resign him for 3.5x3 and save any trading teams from his flatulence....

Trade him as a rental, resign him at the end of the season if you like....

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Most likely there will be a bidding war. Just because the teams don’t want other teams to get him and play against him. Chariot isn’t a top two defenseman. But he’s a top 4 big minutes big physical defenseman built for playoff hockey.

Given Chariot expiring contract $3.5 mil. This is a bargain for any playoff teams.

Teams will trade their first and a third. If we are lucky and there’s a bidding war, 1st and 2nd.

keep in mind Savard got Columbus a 1st and 3rd. Tatar got 1st 2nd and 3rd. You never know come deadline

Reactions: HabsQC and pth2

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trade him as a rental, resign him at the end of the season if you like....

The guy has a family. So uproot him, trade him like meat and then expect him to come back. Why?

Why do you think every NHL player gets nervous at the trade deadline? Because they are welcoming their lives to be uprooted and shoved into a new enviroment?

Expect the same loyalty given....

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The guy has a family. So uproot him, trade him like meat and then expect him to come back. Why?

Why do you think every NHL player gets nervous at the trade deadline? Because they are welcoming their lives to be uprooted and shoved into a new enviroment?

Montreal literally did this with Plekanec.

Benny doesn't have to uproot his family. He can leave them here, go play somewhere else try for a cup and come back

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Most likely there will be a bidding war. Just because the teams don’t want other teams to get him and play against him. Chariot isn’t a top two defenseman. But he’s a top 4 big minutes big physical defenseman built for playoff hockey.

Given Chariot expiring contract $3.5 mil. This is a bargain for any playoff teams.

Teams will trade their first and a third. If we are lucky and there’s a bidding war, 1st and 2nd.

keep in mind Savard got Columbus a 1st and 3rd. Tatar got 1st 2nd and 3rd. You never know come deadline

Wait, now the Canadiens are getting a 1st and a 2nd round pick? Maybe next it's two 1st rounds picks. :laugh:

Kevin Bieksa, is that you?

Good god!

Last edited:
Reactions: Trooth

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

This has happened many times in the NHL. Player gets a shot at the cup, the team he wants to get back to, has more assets to build a better team going forward. Any player in this circumstances, would know in advance, and likely approve of it. He's getting traded...

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Different player, both should bring back a 1st. Klingberg should normally bring more even tho he's not having a very good season so far.
Agreed and my point is JK would bring a 1rst is absolutely within the realm of possible .

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Great skills. Bad positioning and decision making.

A number 4 on a very good team. Number 3 on a good team.

Mean (mostly after the whistle though), veteran with playoff experience and succeeded in raising his game level in those playoff spots.

Reactions: Canadienna

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021

He's not worth a 1st. Some team might pay it but it would be an over pay.

A 1st and a 2nd... that's a pipe dream.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He's not worth a 1st. Some team might pay it but it would be an over pay.

A 1st and a 2nd... that's a pipe dream.
How about a 2nd and a 3d ? Because for teams looking to go deep, that 1st is going to be close to a 2nd and the 2nd close to a third.

Savard fetched a 1st and a 2nd - 32nd and 64th overall.

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
How about a 2nd and a 3d ? Because for teams looking to go deep, that 1st is going to be close to a 2nd and the 2nd close to a third.

Savard fetched a 1st and a 2nd - 32nd and 64th overall.

I could see a team like the Oilers doing a 2nd + 3rd, but it would have to be a 2023 2nd as they can not trade their 2nd this year.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I could see a team like the Oilers doing a 2nd + 3rd, but it would have to be a 2023 2nd as they can not trade their 2nd this year.
You're not getting my point... a 2nd and a 3d from a bad team looking to upgrade would be equivalent to the Oilers' picks.

An Oilers 2nd is basically a 3d. I could see a 1st this year and a 2nd in a later year.

Trooth

Dec 5, 2021
You're not getting my point... a 2nd and a 3d from a bad team looking to upgrade would be equivalent to the Oilers' picks.

An Oilers 2nd is basically a 3d. I could see a 1st this year and a 2nd in a later year.

No the Oilers 2nd is a 2nd.

No one is giving the Canadiens a 1st and a 2nd for Chariot... or they are idiots. A late first - maybe someone steps up and pays it but I sure wouldn't want it to be my team. A second from the same team - nope.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blocked by big Buff? If my memory serves me correctly he was big Buff's D-partner. It was Trouba who was blocked by big Buff.

Played 16 min a game from 14/15 - 18/19. He might have played with big Buff at time yes. But he was not used in a role the Habs are using him since he got to Montreal (22:46) a game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I watch about 20 games a year and all of the last playoffs ... I stand by my statement

You watch 20 games a year and you think Chiarot is the same player he was with Montreal as he was with the Jets?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gravity

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did I say he was? .... Nope

I said he's not worth a first.. yup that's what I said .

Your quote... "As an Oilers fan , with season tickets to the Jets .. I have watched alot of big Ben". That implies to me that you think he is the same player he was with the Jets

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Your quote... "As an Oilers fan , with season tickets to the Jets .. I have watched alot of big Ben". That implies to me that you think he is the same player he was with the Jets

How so?

Clearly it states that I've watched a lot of him play .. he's grown marginally from the Jets to the habs.

That's you choosing read what you want to!

Reactions: Ragdoll and Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad