Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marcus Kruger for Future Considerations

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
McPhee couldn't get something alongside it to take it from them?

He did -- TVR. Chicago left TVR unprotected in exchange for taking on Krüger. The reason Krüger was traded now was because of his signing bonus, which was paid by Chicago. It's similar to the ANA-TOR Bernier deal last year.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This Hawks team is going to look hella different next year and on..

McPhee couldn't get something alongside it to take it from them?

I mean.. Kruger is a good player. Probably got him for nothing and his contract is not bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Most underappreciated member of the Blackhawks run since 2013. By a lot.

Dungeon zone starts. Top 6 competition. Flipped the ice like it was nothing.

Hell he dragged Brandon ****ing Bollig and Ben Smith to shot suppression competency at one point. Then the next year, his line with Desi and Shaw could get thrown out in their own against Top 6 lines from Anaheim and Tampa in the playoffs, tilt the ice the other way, and forecheck the opponents brains out for shifts at a time.

Blackhawks are going to miss him. A lot. He's been fairly critical to their deployment strategy for years.

Never noticed that before someone pointed it out to me in a Kane thread. His zone starts are insane. I thought we treated Boyd Gordon badly a few years ago.

That's a pretty significant piece of the game plan being moved.

Feb 5, 2016
Chicago's bottom 6 is looking kinda weak without Kruger. If Chicago losses anymore forwards I would start to seriously doubt Chicago as a playoff team next season.
If Toews or Kane go down to injury for a long period of time, Chicago could be hurting without those two.

Line 1 LW Saad C Toews RW Kane
Line 2 LW Sharp C Anisimov RW Panik
Line 3 LW Hartman C Schmaltz RW Jurco
Line 4 LW Kero C Hinostroza RW Wingels

Extra's:
LW Bouma
RW Tootoo
LW Hayden
C Dauphin
RW Kampf

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This Hawks team is going to look hella different next year and on..

I mean.. Kruger is a good player. Probably got him for nothing and his contract is not bad.

The Blackhawks are going to miss the playoffs next season.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Huh? They are getting a good 4th line center for free.

It's not free....they'll have to pay the remaining 3.775 million in actual salary he has remaining over the next 2 seasons, or at least until they flip him for a first round draft pick in 2 trade deadlines (or they can retain salary this deadline and get one sooner).

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
We've heard nothing on Oscar Lindberg, maybe he's not thrilled to be in Vegas. Tradeback to the Rangers? Rangers offersheet? Goes to Sweden?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
lindberg is a center for sure, he's RFA. Marchessault is listed as a C on capfriendly, could play left wing I guess.

He primarily player wing last year with the Panthers.

Reminds me when Huberdeau was listed as a centre for ages, but hadn't played that position since junior.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Interesting move by Chicago. Got to think this move is yet another indication that they probably take a step back next yr.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The Blackhawks are going to miss the playoffs next season.

Rather more obnoxious than the so many who thought this trade wasnt happening because severe impatience or at least thought it somehow would include the Hawks adding

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rather more obnoxious than the so many who thought this trade wasnt happening because severe impatience or at least thought it somehow would include the Hawks adding

I was hoping the delay meant they had reconsidered shipping out one of their top 3 defensive forwards after losing another to illness and shipping their best defensive Dman out for a question mark.

Blackhawks have basically lost 3 guys capable of hard, shutdown matchups, and brought in a prayer in Sharp, and 2 scrubs.

Short of a significant add of some kind, they be ****ed.

Quoted in the hopes I get to poke fun at you down the line.

If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1