Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marcus Kruger for Future Considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
all the Blackhawks belong to us.

i have no doubt toews will eventually wear the sightless eye

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Id be happy to see Kruger in CAR.

Despite the oddly high price they paid for TVR, they seem like a smart, progressive organization... the kind the Blackhawks seemed like circa 2009-2015. Looking ahead of the curve rather than riding it.

Kind of like losing a great, hard working shepherd dog. You're sad to see him go, but he's going to a nice family with a big farm to run around on, and he'll have other dogs to play with, and get deliciois organic food and lots of appreciation...

...except he'll be alive and it wont be some lie your parents told you.

This analogy just got weird.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Tallon's love and loyalty for his former players made sense when Florida had so many ex Hawks, so did Cheveldayoff in Winnipeg. Ron Francis since taking over Carolina has added so many Hawks it's looking like a strange obsession

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Was trading the last pick in the 2nd round really THAT much to give up for TVR?

I really dont think much of TVR, thoigh a fair bit of that may be due to a coach with an inexplicable love of the player totally overplaying and overestimating him in tougher assignments.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I have no idea why we want Kruger, even if salary is retained. He makes a lot of coin for being the defensive player he is. We just signed Ryan and Jooris. Even if he's an upgrade he's a pricey one when we need a top 6 center.

Deciding to not pay the price for Duchene (I'm fine with that), so going with a plan B of Kruger.....not a fan. Maybe there's more moves to be made.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
PIT should be in on him if they're smart. Let's hope not for the rest of the league because he would be absolutely perfect for them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Hahhah, I was talking with friends before that he'll end up in Carolina, following TT/Bickell/Darling, TVR.

Carolina is going to be a playoff team next year, their defensive game will be so damm good. Their management is doing a brilliant job.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Two legit two-way forces in Staal and Kruger, that's gonna be fun. Pair Staal line with Slavin pairing and Kruger one with Faulk and that's gonna be really good D team.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
finally, we don't have to put derek ryan out against phil kessel and pray kessel takes the game off.

(this is a joke, don't respond about phil kessel's commitment to professional hockey)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Tallon's love and loyalty for his former players made sense when Florida had so many ex Hawks, so did Cheveldayoff in Winnipeg. Ron Francis since taking over Carolina has added so many Hawks it's looking like a strange obsession

Who did chevy pick up from chicago

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I have no idea why we want Kruger, even if salary is retained. He makes a lot of coin for being the defensive player he is. We just signed Ryan and Jooris. Even if he's an upgrade he's a pricey one when we need a top 6 center.

Probably mentioned earlier in the thread, but Kruger was paid a 2 million dollar bonus by Chicago on July 1st. So in terms of actual dollars that Carolina would be picking up:

2017-18: 1.475 million
2018-19: 2.3 million

That's relatively cheap for a potential #3 center with plenty of NHL experience.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I'm scared ������

Too much too fast. I'm used to doing nothing in FA...

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Deciding to not pay the price for Duchene (I'm fine with that), so going with a plan B of Kruger.....not a fan. Maybe there's more moves to be made.

Kruger on the 4th line would be great, if we could get Stalberg also:

Nordstrom - Kruger - Stalberg
That would be a great 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad