Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Trading a Vezina winner for almost nothing and letting him find out about the trade on social media...that's ice cold. I hope it works out for Vegas, but that's gotta be some bad juju.

how do we know he learned of it via social media?

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
With Toews and Dach healthy and hungry + the moves they've made so far this off season + all the great talent coming up through the farm, one would have to say the SC window is wide open again. Granted, I haven't watched a ice hockey game in 3 years, but I can read on Elite Prospects and the Hawks have to be a top 5 team in the league right now. Too bad we gave away playoff warrior and all around GOAT Duncan Keith, but maybe some of the new guys can fill at least a toe of one of his shoes and we should be good to go. If we sign Tony D as a FA I would think we have all the tools for at least a deep playoff run. The Dynasty be reborn!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hey Chicago, what do you want for Fleury 50% retained. I was dead set on the Avs getting Grubauer back but after seeing that scumbag organization trade Fleury and let him find out on Twitter I want nothing more than to pay whatever it takes to get him in Colorado 50% retained because I know that guy would play his absolute heart out after this.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If MAF is pissed and tempted to retire, Colorado should offer mid pick to take him retained so he can play against the Knights in the playoffs.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Big hand for Vegas ownership and management on how to treat the face of the franchise. Well done.

5855572_orig.gif

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So what is the point of having a list of 10 teams if its not enforced by the team? I mean i smell a legality issue here. Again i'm not too clear on if this is enforceable or not or if its more of a luxury the team allows the player to create.

Fleury had a list of 10 teams he cannot be traded. Chicago was not on that list, so he could be traded there. Nothing unclear about this

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
So what is the point of having a list of 10 teams if its not enforced by the team? I mean i smell a legality issue here. Again i'm not too clear on if this is enforceable or not or if its more of a luxury the team allows the player to create.

How is it not enforced? He gets to submit a new list every year, Vegas was working off of the current 10 team list.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
That's highway robbery for a two time Vezina winner. How do you not get a better return for a guy who just won the Vezina? :huh:

Hardly. This is the new NHL. Cap space was the return and VGK made out like bandits here.

They got someone to take the whole 7 million dollar hit for 36 year old goalie who is due for a down year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hey Chicago, what do you want for Fleury 50% retained. I was dead set on the Avs getting Grubauer back but after seeing that scumbag organization trade Fleury and let him find out on Twitter I want nothing more than to pay whatever it takes to get him in Colorado 50% retained because I know that guy would play his absolute heart out after this.

Byram, you guys don't need him that much :sarcasm:

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
McCrimmon is really killing his rep with players. Jesus, you couldn't call your franchise player and tell him yourself? The guy whos been there from day one, embraced the team/community and who was all gung--ho to join an expansion team?

No shit - what a terrible look for the team.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
On one hand, if this means Eichel, I love how Vegas just goes for it every year. Hasn’t hurt them yet and I don’t know when it will.

On the other, this is sorry as hell. You can try to consistently build a winner and still attempt to treat your employees like people.
Pretty shitty of an organization to let a player find out on twitter that they had been dealt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad