Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Say what you want but this is admirable GMing by Stan. Either rebuild or push the chips to the center of the table. There's no point in being in the middle ground.
They still have Toews and Kane on unmovable contracts, a full tear down was never feasible. They can make the playoffs this year as a WC

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Big hand for Vegas ownership and management on how to treat the face of the franchise. Well done.

On one hand, if this means Eichel, I love how Vegas just goes for it every year. Hasn’t hurt them yet and I don’t know when it will.

On the other, this is sorry as hell. You can try to consistently build a winner and still attempt to treat your employees like people.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
That's highway robbery for a two time Vezina winner. How do you not get a better return for a guy who just won the Vezina? :huh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely not a coincidence that all the insiders speculate that Fleury may retire then go to another team. They all find this out at the same time. Nobody knew this during the course of the last year when his future in Vegas was in doubt.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
They have treated him like shit ever since they had the audacity to get Lehner.
Vegas has been a major ass to most of its players. They sign guys that want to be there and trade them at their own convenience to get a “better player” (Schmidt, Statsny, Fleury/ Lehner). It’s funny how they haven’t repeated the success they had with the original formula…

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
On one hand, if this means Eichel, I love how Vegas just goes for it every year. Hasn’t hurt them yet and I don’t know when it will.

On the other, this is sorry as hell. You can try to consistently build a winner and still attempt to treat your employees like people.

Gotta think it's gonna backfire at some point, but who knows.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Aside from Fleury losing the series with the horrid OT goal miscue, he is a great starting goalie. This is his value?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

So what is the point of having a list of 10 teams if its not enforced by the team? I mean i smell a legality issue here. Again i'm not too clear on if this is enforceable or not or if its more of a luxury the team allows the player to create.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
fleuryagent.png

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

He will play, he isn't going to walk away from the 6MM or whatever he makes. And he will be playing behind a pretty good team that should have a(n) (outside) shot. And a chance to play with a few future HOFrs. 100% chance he reports IMO.

Reactions: Sentinel

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Trading a Vezina winner for almost nothing and letting him find out about the trade on social media...that's ice cold. I hope it works out for Vegas, but that's gotta be some bad juju.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad