Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Whether that's true or not, I'm not joining in here, this is where conversations go to die.
Before Edmonton went through a massive beautification project, and the city started expanding, It was always thrown in our faces about the state of the city. It was a reason players didn't wanna come here and it's not so bad now.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
You're right that he knew his contractual obligations. Doesn't change the fact the team should have shown him a little more respect for what's he brought to that franchise and said hey here's what going on.
Yeah but you forget, he has more money than me, so screw him.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Before Edmonton went through a massive beautification project, and the city started expanding, It was always thrown in our faces about the state of the city. It was a reason players didn't wanna come here and it's not so bad now.
That's all great, but go check out the "Quinn to NJ" thread, quality of location discussions devolve into hyperbolic pissing matches very quickly.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
That's all great, but go check out the "Quinn to NJ" thread, quality of location discussions devolve into hyperbolic pissing matches very quickly.
Out of morbid curiosity I might actually . But yeah I can imagine Chicago fans not liking hearing it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well I take time away from my family to raise money who for those who aren't as fortunate as us. So yeah..... It doesn't have to be about hockey...it could be about his salary going towards a local hospital. But of course you do realize that right?

Fleury has enough status where can easily do charity gigs in Vegas and help out in other ways that would be just as impactful. Get off your high horse.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I understood it when Rexall was in the garbage part of the city. I figured the new arena would fix a lot of that as an outside looking in.

Reactions: Ementy

Ementy

May 11, 2010
I understood it when Rexall was in the garbage part of the city. I figured the new arena would fix a lot of that as an outside looking in.

I remember when we drafted Sam Gagner and he was you know highly touted 6th overall or whatever it was. He moved into the ghetto into a new building built there. it was like a week or 2 later and the team was like OH NONONONO and moved him out of there. You can legit get stabbed walking down that avenue rexall is on today. Chicago is more guns but yeah. We had many players refuse trades to us or want out ASAP back then.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I remember when we drafted Sam Gagner and he was you know highly touted 6th overall or whatever it was. He moved into the ghetto into a new building built there. it was like a week or 2 later and the team was like OH NONONONO and moved him out of there. You can legit get stabbed walking down that avenue rexall is on today. Chicago is more guns but yeah. We had many players refuse trades to us or want out ASAP back then.

People seem very mixed on Edmonton. I personally have most of my family there and love the city. The old arena became a bit of a dump and the drive into the neighborhood was a little rough. But I like the new arena and really thought that would fix a lot of their issues, especially with superstar talent on the team now. It’s a shame really that they’re still dealing with a lot of the same problems as far as attracting players.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
MAF is a good pickup for Chicago, congratulations. Just note that his agent is a real pain-in-the-ass and makes stupid statements from time to time -- MAF's agent was a big reason why the Flower will not be part of our lineup this year.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
MAF found out about the trade on twitter, and you somehow think he accepted this trade?
He had a 10 team No Trade list and Chicago was on that list. He literally would HAVE to have known to get rid of this clause.

I think theres a serious lack of information being given out because Vegas GM said that MAF knew all along that he was getting traded.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
He had a 10 team No Trade list and Chicago was on that list. He literally would HAVE to have known to get rid of this clause.

I think theres a serious lack of information being given out because Vegas GM said that MAF knew all along that he was getting traded.
Chicago wasnt on that list, where are you getting this information? You think he accepted it then immediately started thinking about retirement? lol

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You're right that he knew his contractual obligations. Doesn't change the fact the team should have shown him a little more respect for what's he brought to that franchise and said hey here's what going on.

They did, he and his agent are lying to the public in order to justify his childish antics. Remember he controlled his contract with his mntc once he understood he was potentially getting traded he had to submit a list of teams who he would not except a trade to , any serious discussion with Pittsburgh truly never materialized. Every conversation and team involved and interested he and his agent fully understood and knew .

Big deal it leaked out before the team was able to speak with him that unfortunately does happen and they can't say anything prior to the deal being completed they only know what teams possible and some of the conversation. It's not like he is a rookie and his agent knows the goalie market and teams cap situation.

At the end of the day professional sports are a business not beholden to anyone player .
A true professional would have taken the high road and quietly spoke with stan about his uncertainty instead he is attempting to force something that chicago won't do and that's eating part of his salary to trade him to Pittsburgh. Stan will tell MAF take a hike.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Hot take here, but could it be the city is actual warzone and not a great place to bring your family?
Chicago?

Come on, bruh. I highly doubt MAF is buying a home in Englewood and if he is, it’s he who is putting his family at risk of death.

He can go north side or gold and never have to deal with riff raff. Chicagoians are taught young where and where not to go in the city and if your caught in a bad part of the west side that’s all on you.

Chicago ain’t for sissies and we like it that way, just saying

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
They did, he and his agent are lying to the public in order to justify his childish antics. Remember he controlled his contract with his mntc once he understood he was potentially getting traded he had to submit a list of teams who he would not except a trade to , any serious discussion with Pittsburgh truly never materialized. Every conversation and team involved and interested he and his agent fully understood and knew .

Big deal it leaked out before the team was able to speak with him that unfortunately does happen and they can't say anything prior to the deal being completed they only know what teams possible and some of the conversation. It's not like he is a rookie and his agent knows the goalie market and teams cap situation.

At the end of the day professional sports are a business not beholden to anyone player .
A true professional would have taken the high road and quietly spoke with stan about his uncertainty instead he is attempting to force something that chicago won't do and that's eating part of his salary to trade him to Pittsburgh. Stan will tell MAF take a hike.
You obviously don't see the difference between him knowing about trade talks going on and the team not notifying him that a trade was actually done and him having to find out through social media.

So a player has to be professional even though no one from the team had notified him that he had been traded? This isn't some journeyman who's been bouncing from team to team, this is basically the face of the franchise since he was taken in the ED. How about the team has a little bit of professionalism and actually communicate with the players?

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
When you can talk about your city the same way I've heard people talk about favelas...
If you actually know people who have been in a favela, that’s not really saying much of the company you keep, just sayin

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You obviously don't see the difference between him knowing about trade talks going on and the team not notifying him that a trade was actually done and him having to find out through social media.

So a player has to be professional even though no one from the team had notified him that he had been traded? This isn't some journeyman who's been bouncing from team to team, this is basically the face of the franchise since he was taken in the ED. How about the team has a little bit of professionalism and actually communicate with the players?

Actually it's very petty and shortsighted on his part and yours. The guy makes 7 million dollars a year and understood he was getting moved. Someone leaked the information obviously before the team had a chance to phone him. Is it unfortunate sure. Is it really that life threatening to make a big deal out of it , no act like a professional athlete and keep,your petty comments to yourself.

Let's point out what fleury real issue is , he doesn't want to be traded but has no choice in that matter and if he is traded that list he signed off on means nothing because he will only go to Pittsburgh whom can't afford him and has already made it clear they've moved on from him.

There are bigger issues in this world and when you've made millions finding out your traded via Twitter while it's not the perfect way its not something to whine about.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Agreed. They could of EASILY called Fleury well *before* making the trade call. McCrimmon said the reason he didn't is because there's always a chance the trade falls through. I call bullcrap. He could of EASILY told Fleury about the forthcoming trade call with Chicago and that there would be a strong chance it's gets done.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things , this isn't something to necessarily get too hung up on. But there's been too many instances of similar antics going on with that team . For that reason, I'm not giving Vegas the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Actually it's very petty and shortsighted on his part and yours. The guy makes 7 million dollars a year and understood he was getting moved. Someone leaked the information obviously before the team had a chance to phone him. Is it unfortunate sure. Is it really that life threatening to make a big deal out of it , no act like a professional athlete and keep,your petty comments to yourself.

Let's point out what fleury real issue is , he doesn't want to be traded but has no choice in that matter and if he is traded that list he signed off on means nothing because he will only go to Pittsburgh whom can't afford him and has already made it clear they've moved on from him.

There are bigger issues in this world and when you've made millions finding out your traded via Twitter while it's not the perfect way its not something to whine about.
Lol it's petty to call out the team that still hadn't called him over 30 mins after it leaked? They should have at least had the decency to give him a heads up after all that he's done for that franchise. It's just another instance of the Knights not keeping their players informed of trade stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Agreed. They could of EASILY called Fleury well *before* making the trade call. McCrimmon said the reason he didn't is because there's always a chance the trade falls through. I call bullcrap. He could of EASILY told Fleury about the forthcoming trade call with Chicago and that there would be a strong chance it's gets done.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things , this isn't something to necessarily get too hung up on. But there's been too many instances of similar antics going on with that team . For that reason, I'm not giving Vegas the benefit of the doubt.
Totally agree with you, at least keep the guy informed of what's going on so he's not blindsided like Schmidt was.

And that's why everyone is blasting the decision because it isn't the first time they've done it. The firing of Gallant, putting Pacioretty on the block after signing him to an extension, not telling Schmidt they were looking to trade him and now this. These guys understand it's a business but at the same time the team should be open with them

Reactions: Jetsfan79

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Totally agree with you, at least keep the guy informed of what's going on so he's not blindsided like Schmidt was.

And that's why everyone is blasting the decision because it isn't the first time they've done it. The firing of Gallant, putting Pacioretty on the block after signing him to an extension, not telling Schmidt they were looking to trade him and now this. These guys understand it's a business but at the same time the team should be open with them
Suffice it to say that these were all Foley's doings, and while the team is quite popular, Foley himself has few personal fans. If Foley had a heart attack tomorrow, the only folks at his funeral would be close family wondering about their inheritance and a few paid employees there because they were told to be. That he is a Trump donor doesn't help him much either with the locals, considering that Las Vegas is bright blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad