Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
They didn't want to give MAF & Walsh a heads up because they would have leaked to reporters that MAF would retire if traded, thus nixing the deal. He would also have put Chicago on his NTC list today.

Conversely if any deal were nixed, and MAF were to remain a Golden Knight he would not retire. So he didn't really leave them any options but to complete the trade first.

Having said that, there's no excuse for ownership & McCrimmon & McPhee to not call him.

There was a great article written and I highly recommend reading it. Flurry and his agent are basically blowing smoke . Those rumors about Pittsburgh reuniting flurry was never going to happen , they don't have the cap space to make that trade and put a team on the ice. It was also reported that as of last night a fanatic who sells chicago memorabilia has hand signed flurry jerseys that doesn't happen without someone's permission.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If it's true that he found out about the trade via social media, then no, he wasn't "fully informed every step of the process", was he?

Come on. :help: :laugh:

Are you really that gullible to believe that ? Flurry and his agent were fully aware of the teams and conversations taking place , remember he had a mntc which meant he needed to sign off on any trade deal.

If you believe in any other ridiculous narrative mentioned you're truly easy to pull the wool over .

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Are you really that gullible to believe that ? Flurry and his agent were fully aware of the teams and conversations taking place , remember he had a mntc which meant he needed to sign off on any trade deal.

If you believe in any other ridiculous narrative mentioned you're truly easy to pull the wool over .

I said IF it's true.

And regardless of Fleury's M-NTC, I'd like to think Vegas management would notify their Vezina-winning goalie that they're unceremoniously trading him away for spare parts.

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh, poor athletes making millions per year, so abused and mistreated. Professional hockey is a business. If you want human interest, go find a suitable Hallmark Channel movie to watch instead.

I agree, I think people are making too much about Fleury's feelings and how he found out. He's been around a long time, he's been paid extremely well for his contributions. He knows the contract he signed. He knows the cap situation Vegas is in. He knows the goalie market. And he knows people have been talking about him being traded since Lehner showed up. Literally everone who knows anything about the NHL expected him to be traded so there's no way he was blindsided by this. And finally, he knows it's within his rights to retire if he wants to. Chicago knows it too.

The ball is in MAF's court now so we'll see what he decides and what happens from here.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ohhh, my bad. Yeah that dude is off his nut. It's obvious to anyone that MAF rejuvenated his career with Vegas but now that he's gone, suddenly he had 'regressed'
makes no sense... When was the last time a Vezina trophy winner was traded right after winning it?

Reactions: Sinistril

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I said IF it's true.

And regardless of Fleury's M-NTC, I'd like to think Vegas management would notify their Vezina-winning goalie that they're unceremoniously trading him away for spare parts.

What does it matter what vegas traded him for that is of no concern to the player's being traded thats a excuse that's fans are using do to there lack of any understanding of how trades are worked out financially to each team involved.

Flurry and his agent were fully aware of the teams involved, and how the discussions were evolving and understood if or when it happened it was one of those teams that were in discussion.
Is it possible that before the team could reach out to say the dealmis completed someone leaked the story sure that's possible but it's not like his side was in complete total darkness they understood talks were ongoing and his chances for getting traded were 70/30 at least .
Bottom line is flurry and his agent need to ,especially there grievances in house its petty and unprofessional either show up or retire but the uncalled for drama doesn't speak wonders for flurry character.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
makes no sense... When was the last time a Vezina trophy winner was traded right after winning it?

Big difference flury age contract and the team has another vezina winner playing on the same team. It's all about Financials, it's a business and flurry has been around long enough and paid exceptionally well.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

I don't think it's ever happened before. Because why would it? Lol

I get that there were cap considerations and positional depth to consider but jeez. MAF cast out like yesterday's garbage.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I strongly suggest people stop giving flurry sympathy. He has been around long enough and is paid extremely well. Players agree to and sign there contracts and any clauses put into the contract are negotiated and agreed to. Fluery has known since lehner came to vegas last year that someone was eventually going to get traded and the strong chatter was him getting moved. He waived his mntc and was fully aware of each team discussion and the goalie market along with vegas and each teams salary cap . If he didn't want to go to Chicago he should have made that clear when the discussion was first presented to him and his agent. The Pittsburgh trade was never going to happen for salary cap reasons , they didn't have a extra 7 million to spend alone nor did they have teans willing to trade to open up enough cap space to get flury and fill all there holes.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I strongly suggest people stop giving flurry sympathy. He has been around long enough and is paid extremely well. Players agree to and sign there contracts and any clauses put into the contract are negotiated and agreed to. Fluery has known since lehner came to vegas last year that someone was eventually going to get traded and the strong chatter was him getting moved. He waived his mntc and was fully aware of each team discussion and the goalie market along with vegas and each teams salary cap . If he didn't want to go to Chicago he should have made that clear when the discussion was first presented to him and his agent. The Pittsburgh trade was never going to happen for salary cap reasons , they didn't have a extra 7 million to spend alone nor did they have teans willing to trade to open up enough cap space to get flury and fill all there holes.
Exactly. MAF'S agent didn't exactly help matters either and was a drama queen.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Exactly. MAF'S agent didn't exactly help matters either and was a drama queen.

Well said. I think if people step back and get a better understanding of the entire picture they will realize MAF and his agent are acting very unprofessional and maybe trying to create unnecessary drama to get a different result.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Well said. I think if people step back and get a better understanding of the entire picture they will realize MAF and his agent are acting very unprofessional and maybe trying to create unnecessary drama to get a different result.

If for MAF it's Vegas or retirement, it's absolutely his prerogative. It doesn't change that players should never learn they are traded from Twitter.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If for MAF it's Vegas or retirement, it's absolutely his prerogative. It doesn't change that players should never learn they are traded from Twitter.

He isnunder contract in which he signed and understood this is a business and agreed to lift his mntc he knew well . If you believe that this Multimillionaire who has been in the league a long time and understands everything just suddenly found out on social media he was traded and had no clue or idea that his name or he wasn't involved in any prior discussions about being traded to these possible teams , then your easily manipulated to believe anything so outrageous

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
He isnunder contract in which he signed and understood this is a business and agreed to lift his mntc he knew well . If you believe that this Multimillionaire who has been in the league a long time and understands everything just suddenly found out on social media he was traded and had no clue or idea that his name or he wasn't involved in any prior discussions about being traded to these possible teams , then your easily manipulated to believe anything so outrageous

You understand that in the NHL, you can retire even if you're under contract? They're not slaves and what they earn doesn't have anything to do with their rights.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

you're misunderstanding the difference between "they're contractually permitted to do this and are not required to notify him first" and "handling it this way is disrespectful and an overall douchey way to handle the situation"

The fact that Fleury is highly paid does not mean Vegas management shouldn't handle trade notifications like professionals and treat players with some common courtesy

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I have to say again what a gutsy and stellar move by Vegas. They knew they were going to gets tons of shade: perhaps the least liked team in the league vs. the league’s most lovable player, whose infectious smile and pearly whites allows him to do no wrong in the eyes of so many.

Yet they still cleared that Cap, the only way they could. Sorry, but Fleury/Walsh had to be kept in the dark. They would have blown the whole thing up. It is what it is.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You understand that in the NHL, you can retire even if you're under contract? They're not slaves and what they earn doesn't have anything to do with their rights.

Who said anything about slaves ? These Multimillionaires whine about poor me. You're making millions of dollars a year playing a sport you love and in the end its each player who agrees to his contract and terms by signing it. He has been around long enough to understand its a business, plus he waived his mntc which he fully understood last year his time with vegas was nearing a end for many reasons.

Cry me a river he has to fulfill his final year of his contract with a team that has made every effort to win and welcome him with open arms and it was he who produced a list of teams he was willing to go to, The team kept him and his agent fully informed of the situation and conversations and teams involved, boo ho he isn't going back to Pittsburgh that's business. Act like a professional athlete and honor your contract or retire but his agent and himself look like whiny ungrateful children.

Nobody needs to see his inappropriate behavior and remarks made public show some class and dignity.

These players act like life is so hard please , each team especially the Hawks and its players do a tremendous job in making sure whatever a new addition needs its as seemingly easy and smooth.
I can assure you stan will treat him with respect and allow him any space needed but stan won't be bullied into a corner or deal with unnecessary drama.

The balls in MAF court play or retire but be a man and show some class and urgency to the organization that traded for you.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
you're misunderstanding the difference between "they're contractually permitted to do this and are not required to notify him first" and "handling it this way is disrespectful and an overall douchey way to handle the situation"

The fact that Fleury is highly paid does not mean Vegas management shouldn't handle trade notifications like professionals and treat players with some common courtesy

Does anyone really think vegas intentionally screwed him NO. Please MAF is acting like a drama queen he fully knew ahead of time he was on the trading block and chicago was on his list of approved teams.

Act like a professional and show some class and care with your words. He simply could have said wow im shocked this is the first I'm hearing of it and simply say how grateful he is to vegas and looking forward to a new chapter in Chicago

Any issues he may have he should have kept that private and worked it out with stan instead he looks like a spoiled kid who didn't get his ice cream. It's business and you except that the moment you became a nhl player and signed a contract.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

There are no FACTS which suggest otherwise, stupid internet rumors notwithstanding. For all anybody knows it was MAF's idiot agent who leaked.

It doesn't matter now either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad