Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AK4774

Jul 27, 2021
It's a fine line. One day Vegas wakes up and finds themselves in the Columbus situation. All their own top players suddenly want out, and all good players will add Vegas to their no-trade list.

I don't much care for Vegas but yeah there's no way in hell that happens

Reactions: Price is Wright

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Don't want to sound like an ass but I think he can stick it out for another year. He can always move by himself and just go see them when he has the chance. Why turn down $7 million?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Sucks to see a guy like MAF get screwed over like this, I see him retiring tbh.
How did he get screwed over ? Hockey is a business and he was fully informed every step of the process as to what was happening and the teams involved, honestly his attitude doesn't speak wonders for his character. Whatever you may have thought of the guy , how he is handling it is not professional at all.

These GMs do there best to facilitate trades that n all parties feel good about, flurry had every opportunity to decide which teams he was willing to except a trade to amd he did so , either report to the team in good physical and mental condition or retire but airing your petty grievances online is not how any professional acts.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don't want to sound like an ass but I think he can stick it out for another year. He can always move by himself and just go see them when he has the chance. Why turn down $7 million?
Yup. And how committed will he be on the
Hawks? I can see a once great player who is just going through the motions. Hawks better have a plan in place for that.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Oh, poor athletes making millions per year, so abused and mistreated.

Professional hockey is a business. If you want human interest, go find a suitable Hallmark Channel movie to watch instead.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They didn't want to give MAF & Walsh a heads up because they would have leaked to reporters that MAF would retire if traded, thus nixing the deal. He would also have put Chicago on his NTC list today.

Conversely if any deal were nixed, and MAF were to remain a Golden Knight he would not retire. So he didn't really leave them any options but to complete the trade first.

Having said that, there's no excuse for ownership & McCrimmon & McPhee to not call him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They didn't want to give MAF & Walsh a heads up because they would have leaked to reporters that MAF would retire if traded, thus nixing the deal. He would also have put Chicago on his NTC list today.

Conversely if any deal were nixed, and MAF were to remain a Golden Knight he would not retire.

Having said that, there's no excuse for ownership & McCrimmon & McPhee to not call him.
Don’t no trade lists get submitted early though? So Chicago wasn’t in his submitted list. I think he plays, but isn’t committed, and it really hurts the Hawks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Don’t no trade lists get submitted early though? So Chicago wasn’t in his submitted list. I think he plays, but isn’t committed, and it really hurts the Hawks.

The deadline was yesterday and they made the trade just before his new list was to be provided.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
People say it's going to bite a team in the ass for unceremoniously shipping players out and forget that players care more about the market than hockey transactions. Nobody should want to play in Philadelphia for all of the players on big deals they've dumped but Philly is still a desired market.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
People say it's going to bite a team in the ass for unceremoniously shipping players out and forget that players care more about the market than hockey transactions. Nobody should want to play in Philadelphia for all of the players on big deals they've dumped but Philly is still a desired market.

Where were those same people when everyone said they should buy MAF out last year and kick him to the curb in humiliating fashion?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

Yes, Vegas has been very bad about this. They treated Nate Schmidt poorly too, shipping him off after signing an extension. Anyone signing in Vegas and Philly will be extra demanding of strong NTC/NMC provisions.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Well, whatever MAF decides to do, I hope he tells the Hawks quickly so we can move on if he's not going to suit up for us.
He'll gladly play as this was only about the bucks for MAF all along, and the rest of his agent's hysterics is to try to get a better contract.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How did he get screwed over ? Hockey is a business and he was fully informed every step of the process as to what was happening and the teams involved, honestly his attitude doesn't speak wonders for his character. Whatever you may have thought of the guy , how he is handling it is not professional at all.

These GMs do there best to facilitate trades that n all parties feel good about, flurry had every opportunity to decide which teams he was willing to except a trade to amd he did so , either report to the team in good physical and mental condition or retire but airing your petty grievances online is not how any professional acts.

If it's true that he found out about the trade via social media, then no, he wasn't "fully informed every step of the process", was he?

Come on. :help: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad