Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Were did I state it was because of Chicago? All I saod is he isn't going which could be many reasons as to why

Because what you said [ he isn't going ] is not factually true. He hasn't said he isn't going his agent only stated he felt blindsided by hearing it on Twitter and he has nothing against chicago his concerns are about up and moving his family which he thought he would finish out his career in vegas. That statement set off a firestorm of many false talking points.

Will he retire thats possible, however as of now he is coming to Chicago and until a official statement is released by him or his agent or chicago. I would just see how things play out over the remainder of the summer. Chicago loses nothing if he retires and gains a m solid future hallmof famer if he plays out his contract

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Because what you said [ he isn't going ] is not factually true. He hasn't said he isn't going his agent only stated he felt blindsided by hearing it on Twitter and he has nothing against chicago his concerns are about up and moving his family which he thought he would finish out his career in vegas. That statement set off a firestorm of many false talking points.

Will he retire thats possible, however as of now he is coming to Chicago and until a official statement is released by him or his agent or chicago. I would just see how things play out over the remainder of the summer. Chicago loses nothing if he retires and gains a m solid future hallmof famer if he plays out his contract
There has been a few reports already saying he has no interest in playing for Chicago tho, it's out there and it's not from his agent

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This will hurt Vegas long term. Utter disrespect for the man who has been your franchises everything for your entire existence. I can't believe they didn't even speak to him first. Absolutely the most disrespectful thing I can ever remember a G.M doing to a player. I'd never sign their if I was a UFA

You're going by what Allan Walsh says. That's a bad way to get your information.

Friedman said on some podcast that Fleury/Walsh were actively trying to sabotage teams Vegas might trade him to by telling them he'd retire.

Vegas took it, correctly, as a threat and did their business anyway. It tanked any return they could get, but they called his bluff.

He can either go to Chicago have them trade him somewhere or lose 6,000,000. Whatever he, and his agent, want.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Vegas is a mercenary organization...may they never touch the cup

This is how it has to be, sadly.
We are not in the halcyon days of no unions and no cap. Fleury had regressed and now he is at least getting a chance to play hockey.
Who knows, he could go lights out and make Chicago a better team down the road. Otherwise he can just retire and find room as a hockey analyst anywhere he wants.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah but it's hilarious that vegas while they own his rights he won't be playing for there farm team and any call up would be next to zero.
Yeah, but the trade may have been an inconsequential return for Vegas, but it is not nothing- one step above future considerations, or maybe a step below that, but not nothing.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
This will hurt Vegas long term. Utter disrespect for the man who has been your franchises everything for your entire existence. I can't believe they didn't even speak to him first. Absolutely the most disrespectful thing I can ever remember a G.M doing to a player. I'd never sign their if I was a UFA

This exactly. Shortsighted and stupid on top of being disrespectful. They deserve whatever fallout they get.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
There has been a few reports already saying he has no interest in playing for Chicago tho, it's out there and it's not from his agent

I'm telling you what his agent told the press. It was to throw cold water on those false stories you're talking about. Anything you read if it isn't from MAF or his agent or stan Bowman then it's all fake.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I'd still sign there, but demand a gross overpayment bonus laden contract with a full NMC.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
This is how it has to be, sadly.
We are not in the halcyon days of no unions and no cap. Fleury had regressed and now he is at least getting a chance to play hockey.
Who knows, he could go lights out and make Chicago a better team down the road. Otherwise he can just retire and find room as a hockey analyst anywhere he wants.

Regressed? Dude, he literally JUST WON the Vezina....

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hypothetically, what are the cap and rights implications regarding a player that retires and then un-retires?

Like, if MAF decides to retire, I assume that means his contract is terminated and CHI isn't on the hook for money or cap hit, right?

What if a month later he changes his mind. Is he a UFA then? Does CHI still have his rights? If they still have the rights, do they have to put his cap hit back on the books? Is he like an exclusive rights free agent that can only negotiate with and sign with CHI? I can't say I've encountered this before but it must have happened.
If he intended to keep playing he and the team could mutually terminate the contract. Gusev did that this year to get a better shot somewhere else. I think that's probably what should have happened here with Fleury. Vegas would say "hey we like you, but we're gunning for Eichel and we absolutely need your cap off the books. We don't want to buy you out. You're either being traded to Chicago or we mutually terminate the contract". Fleury could then land a 3 year 5 million year deal somewhere to cash in on his Vezina trophy.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If he intended to keep playing he and the team could mutually terminate the contract. Gusev did that this year to get a better shot somewhere else. I think that's probably what should have happened here with Fleury. Vegas would say "hey we like you, but we're gunning for Eichel and we absolutely need your cap off the books. We don't want to buy you out. You're either being traded to Chicago or we mutually terminate the contract". Fleury could then land a 3 year 5 million year deal somewhere to cash in on his Vezina trophy.

Why would Fleury agree to terminate his contract though? He didn't want to leave Vegas.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Regressed? Dude, he literally JUST WON the Vezina....
haha - love it. This is exhibit Z as to why people hate the Vegas Knights... Hate them.. Hate their coach, hate many of their players, hate their fanbase... hate their city... may they never win another game.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The business has a human element as well, though and there are some legit concerns people have mentioned like his family and moving. MAF will make his choice

What about the human element of Fleury and Walsh trying to sabotage a trade and strong-arm a team to keep him that then would force Lehner and his family to leave or Martinez to have to leave?

So MAF is more important than them? That's the human element?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What about the human element of Fleury and Walsh trying to sabotage a trade and strong-arm a team to keep him that then would force Lehner and his family to leave or Martinez to have to leave?

So MAF is more important than them? That's the human element?

This just sounds like some straight up bootlicking of the Golden Knights :laugh:

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad