Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Mcrimmom doesn't notify players until the trade is complete.

Fleury finds out about this trade beforehand, he gets Alan Walsh to do anything to make this trade fall through.

And Fleury knew of Chicagos interest in him. So lets not act like he was completely blindsided here.

As to whether or not the Knights should have traded him? I don't know.

As to whether or not the Knights should have notified him beforehand of the trade? I don't think so.

If Fleury learned of the trade from social media, that is a poor look for Vegas.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Everybody and their dog knew that the VGK was going to trade a goalie (most like MAF) for a center. So what's the scoop on this guy that we picked up? Looks more like a dcvelopment project for our Silver Knights team than an NHL starter.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
So if he retires who gets stuck with his cap hit? Is he one of those 35+ Age contracts? Sorry if it was talked about already but I couldn’t find it

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
MAF doesn't deserve this BS.
No, but he knew that the VGK were going to deal him. His agent made a big stink last year about MAF having to split time with Lehner that of course the organization didn't like (and MAF himself had to tell his agent to shut up), Lehner is DeBoer's guy, and then probably the final straw was Fluery's brainfart in the Habs series that gave them a free goal that tied a game that should have been in the bag, and then the Habs won it in overtime. After all that, probably nobody (including MAF) thought he would be around much longer.

Reactions: Laodongxi

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I wasn’t referring to that specifically per se. I was referring to Bill Foley’s comments.
Oh, so was I, sorry if that wasn't clear. My point was that Foley resolved to deal MAF after the agent comments affair, and any comments today about being sad to see MAF go are indeed total B.S.

That's the Foley way: The "win at all costs" attitude also makes him a total prick.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Mcrimmom doesn't notify players until the trade is complete.

Fleury finds out about this trade beforehand, he gets Alan Walsh to do anything to make this trade fall through.

And Fleury knew of Chicagos interest in him. So lets not act like he was completely blindsided here.

Then we hear about the crap return. What return can you expect for someone who does not want to play anywhere else except maybe Pitt?

The entire ballgame was not to collect a 2nd round pick but get that contract off the books by hook or by crook so they could improve the C position. Mission accomplished.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The entire ballgame was not to collect a 2nd round pick but get that contract off the books by hook or by crook so they could improve the C position. Mission accomplished.
^^^ This. Plus, it's not like MAF was traded to Hooterville. The Chicago-area media market is huge -- much bigger than Pitt or LV -- and he can make a pile of cash in endorsements there.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Everybody and their dog knew that the VGK was going to trade a goalie (most like MAF) for a center. So what's the scoop on this guy that we picked up? Looks more like a dcvelopment project for our Silver Knights team than an NHL starter.
He will continue playing in Chicago’s organization. He was just a contract to move. Just a cap dump for Vegas.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Wow I wanna see what this is worth. Wasn't Chicago "rebuilding" a year ago?
At some point in time, people have to realize there are only so many good years left in Kane and Toews. And they feel with what they have around them, just a couple of pieces can give them another kick at the can.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
^^^ This. Plus, it's not like MAF was traded to Hooterville. The Chicago-area media market is huge -- much bigger than Pitt or LV -- and he can make a pile of cash in endorsements there.

MAF does not want to play for the Blackhawks, period. Can we look at this from the human interest perspective instead of simply the economic perspective?

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I don't see Chicago making the playoffs, but keep adding Bowman you're totally a contender :laugh:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

At his age and at this point in his career he doesn't care about endorsements

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Hypothetically, what are the cap and rights implications regarding a player that retires and then un-retires?

Like, if MAF decides to retire, I assume that means his contract is terminated and CHI isn't on the hook for money or cap hit, right?

What if a month later he changes his mind. Is he a UFA then? Does CHI still have his rights? If they still have the rights, do they have to put his cap hit back on the books? Is he like an exclusive rights free agent that can only negotiate with and sign with CHI? I can't say I've encountered this before but it must have happened.

If a player officially retires there is paperwork involved to make the retirement legal. So to answer your question chicago would not be on the hook for his salary. Once retired that's it as far as becoming a ufa it couldn't happen once he officially retires .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad