Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Boo hoo, the guy who had his agent put a picture with a knife in his back from the Knights didnt get told he was being traded is having a pity party? Once that picture got posted he deserves nothing of the sort.

I really hope this is not true. If it is, at the very least this fragile little baby needs to follow through on his attention seeking BS and retire immediately.

Sh*t take.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
what player on Pittsburgh are they willing to move on from that can help the Hawks current roster from Stan Bowman's perspective...doubt he'll want futures

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

73a28955912e4cddc595ee813d3cd6e8.jpeg

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Hypothetically, what are the cap and rights implications regarding a player that retires and then un-retires?

Like, if MAF decides to retire, I assume that means his contract is terminated and CHI isn't on the hook for money or cap hit, right?

What if a month later he changes his mind. Is he a UFA then? Does CHI still have his rights? If they still have the rights, do they have to put his cap hit back on the books? Is he like an exclusive rights free agent that can only negotiate with and sign with CHI? I can't say I've encountered this before but it must have happened.
In order to come back this year he’d have to honor the terms of his contract.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
If Fleury retires he will be unable to sign a new contract.

If MAF and Chicago mutuality terminates his contract however I believe he can sign elsewhere

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Mcrimmom doesn't notify players until the trade is complete.

Fleury finds out about this trade beforehand, he gets Alan Walsh to do anything to make this trade fall through.

And Fleury knew of Chicagos interest in him. So lets not act like he was completely blindsided here.

As to whether or not the Knights should have traded him? I don't know.

As to whether or not the Knights should have notified him beforehand of the trade? I don't think so.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
This weekend I wanna drown in whatever Bowman and McPhee apperently thinks is brilliant to shove up their nose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad