Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
PIT immediately dismissed the associate within a week of being made aware of the allegations. Big difference.

"We took this incident very seriously and acted immediately, The team investigated and addressed the alleged incident within hours of being notified in June 2019 despite the fact that Mr. Skalde delayed seven months before he made any complaint."
And yet some dink wants to equate this with helping a serial predator transition from well-paid adults to vulnerable kids.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
This is really tough for the city. The desperate need for a professional team and having that first season led to such a love affair with the inaugural season's players. None of those players were more popular and more loved that Fleury. He is the most popular sports figure in this city since Tarkanain and it is not even close.

That being said, everyone knew the writing was on the wall after the 2019-20 season with a Lehner extension. But for the casual fans that are barely getting into hockey, this will be difficult as he was THE guy. The treatment of the situation looks terrible.

Overall it is a needed move and maybe a necessary handling of the situation. Today is the last day of the season so he would have a new 10 team list tomorrow. Knights needed to get this trade call done prior to informing Flower incase Walsh caused a scene before the trade went through.

Let's see what happens. Hard day but necessary to improve.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If Fleury retires isn't the team who signed him to the contract on the hook?

Recapture applies to contracts signed before the last Collective Agreement 2004/05 that led to the lockout ie. Weber, Luongo etc. Retirement before the contract ends will be charged to the team originating the deal and not the current team.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Lehner will be better this year with more starts. I belive he is a goalie that is better as a first then a backup. MAF will probably not move to Chicago. Vegas just need a backup thats great on Ots and penalty shoots. Not Lehner best area if I remember correctly.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Right Seabrook and Shaw . Still teams usually try to fit LTIR guys under the cap before the season starts . Guess Hawks won't.

Yes I think your right with how stan is using LTIR to fit MAF into the cap. I heard MAF could be headed to Colorado possibly.

Reactions: EagleBelfour

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Vegas didn't deserve MAF in the end .good move by hawks ..Jones in fort of MAF will be great and on a side note does Pitt even have a GM ?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Recapture applies to contracts signed before the last Collective Agreement 2004/05 that led to the lockout ie. Weber, Luongo etc. Retirement before the contract ends will be charged to the team originating the deal and not the current team.
Not exactly. It’s charged proportionally to whatever teams employed the player over the contract’s length and were able to pay them more than their cap hit by virtue of the contract’s structure. For example, both Florida and Vancouver are liable for some recapture on Luongo’s deal because each team paid him more in real salary than his total cap hit during his tenure with each respective team.

Reactions: OrangePMD

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Hypothetically, what are the cap and rights implications regarding a player that retires and then un-retires?

Like, if MAF decides to retire, I assume that means his contract is terminated and CHI isn't on the hook for money or cap hit, right?

What if a month later he changes his mind. Is he a UFA then? Does CHI still have his rights? If they still have the rights, do they have to put his cap hit back on the books? Is he like an exclusive rights free agent that can only negotiate with and sign with CHI? I can't say I've encountered this before but it must have happened.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is baffling from Chicago’s perspective.

They do Vegas a huge favor and get nothing in return?

precisely, vegas has a very sharp front office, they know exactly why they don't care about the return for a vezina winner...they've probably had enough meeting with fleury over the past year to know he's likely not reporting to many, if any, teams that acquire him, they defacto forced him into retirement and shed a 7m contract for free if Chicago doesn't move him to Pittsburgh...if a gm came to you and said 'look we really want to clear up cap space and we have a player that likely will not report if we trade him, what would you want to facilitate a deal'...is the right answer for stan to ask for nothing in return in that scenario? going to guess no

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad