Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
As the post below you shows you the tweet from Walsh at 9:05am which was 35 mins after the info leaked out. All the info is in this thread. Vegas has a history of doing this type of stuff yet he's the drama queen by not saying anything? He told Vegas how he felt. He wanted to stay and that if he was traded, he would consider retirement. Vegas traded him and now he's considering retirement. He hasn't publicly made a statement so how is he a drama queen?

Why would a dealer selling autograph jerseys need approval and from whom? Are they already autographed or is it a ore sale deal where they are waiting for him to sign them?

Apparently they didn't notify him or even give him a heads up by his reaction. And why would someone be ousted for leaking the information? Info leaks happen all the time yet no one is ousted for them.

Do you not see the difference between Pittsburgh and Chicago when it comes to him and his family? Think about their ties to Pittsburgh and how long they lived there. He never wanted to leave Pittsburgh but they showed him the respect of making sure he went where he wanted to go by making the trade with Vegas to make sure they picked him in the ED.

You say he is trying to crate unnecessary drama yet he hasn't said a word. All that's come out is word from Walsh that he's considering his future. He's earned the right to do that
Well, that's if you believe Allan Walsh .... who is a drama queen and a total idiot that Fleury himself had to publicly apologize for earlier in the season.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Your logic is absolutely nonsensical:

1. If Fleury could return something of value for Chicago, Vegas would have just traded him for that kind of value instead of giving him up for nothing. Why couldn't Vegas have just traded Fleury to Pittsburgh for the "appropriate assets" instead of just giving him up for free to Chicago?
2. If Fleury does not want to play for you, your 2 options are to trade Fleury or get nothing for Fleury and force him into retirement. How can you possibly think "we can just force him into retirement if you don't give us good value for him" is at all leverage? That's downright nonsense. That's not "leverage", that's "spite" and every player in the NHLPA would immediately put the Hawks on their shit lists for pulling that kind of stunt.

Here are Chicago's 2 choices if Fleury decides to not play for Chicago:

1. Chicago doesn't trade Fleury, Fleury retires and Chicago gets nothing for him
2. Chicago trades him and gets something for him

You thinking "we can just force him to retire if you don't give us a good enough return" has nothing to do with getting value for your team and everything to do with spiting someone else. That's not leverage, that's the Hawks being an asshole :laugh:

The "value" Chicago can get for Fleury is a function of how much salary of his the retain, that's it. If they retain half of his deal, they'll get some value because $3.5 million in dead cap space is worth a pretty penny. But that's solely where the value is going to come from.
We would have gladly traded MAF wherever if we got a better deal, but Chicago gave us the best deal under the circumstances so that is where MAF will play. Truth is that MAF will play in Chicago and be quite happy about it all so long as his checks keep clearing. Why Pitt didn't make a better off at the time? Go ask them.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Lmfao what is this garbage

How is Chicago getting a top-6 winger for a guy that they got for free and doesn't want to play for them?

MaF for zucker ??? How dumb do you think the Hawks are ? They would probably accept rust jarry but pitt needs rust badly . Could we do zucker petterson and jarry for MAF?

Salary cap trade to fit Fleury on Pittsburgh's side.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Salary cap trade to fit Fleury on Pittsburgh's side.

Bryan Rust is not someone you trade to get compliant with the cap :laugh:

We would have gladly traded MAF wherever if we got a better deal, but Chicago gave us the best deal under the circumstances so that is where MAF will play. Truth is that MAF will play in Chicago and be quite happy about it all so long as his checks keep clearing. Why Pitt didn't make a better off at the time? Go ask them.

Oh damn, I wasn't aware you were in the negotiating room and had access to all of that info. Did McCrimmon tell you that directly?

Reactions: Night Shift

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

To the poster’s defense… The trade happened at 11:30AM and his agent tweeted this at 12:05PM

When a trade is submitted it needs to be approved by the league before it becomes official. Just because 2 teams agree to a trade doesn't make it final or official until the league receives all the paperwork and approves it . Somebody decided to leak the information before it was finalized, however fleury and his agent are making a big deal out of nothing. They knew he was getting traded and understood the teams potentially he was being traded to. I have no sympathy whatsoever for a guy who makes millions of dollars a year and knows at anytime based on the structure of his contract he can be traded. Sent down or bought out thats professional sports. Remember there are always 2 sides to a story and you need to look past the drama at the entire picture. If every player wanted to play for a specific team the league wouldn't function properly.

Gosh if Crawford could come back id take him everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over fleury.

He reflects a true professional athlete who should respect and grace when his contract expired and he wasn't resigned by chicago and he signed with new jersey only to retire a few months later in grace . That's how you handle your business quietly

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chief over at barstool sports just confirmed on a trustworthy and close source MAF will play in Chicago this season !!!

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
If you actually generalize people based on who they know and where they come from that says even less about you . Just sayin.
Saying a city is a “war zone” when there’s a good chance said person has never been there is the definition of “generalize”, and no offense, the chances anybody has been to a Brazilian slum who posts on these forums is rather slim.

Just calling it like I see it

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
If MAF refused to play for Chicago, the Hawks should just trade him to Colorado for Kuemer. MAF would jump at the chance to piss off Vegas, Colorado would get the better goalie, and Chicago would get a good goalie who would actually play for them.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Saying a city is a “war zone” when there’s a good chance said person has never been there is the definition of “generalize”, and no offense, the chances anybody has been to a Brazilian slum who posts on these forums is rather slim.

Just calling it like I see it
I traveled Brazil and have been to a few of the poorer areas. You should get out more….expand your narrow view maybe.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So your saying your an expert on favelas?

Do indulge
Did I say I was? You said that you highly doubt anyone on this fourm knows anyone from ‘a favela’ or has been to one themselves. I simply told you I do and have been. Thus proving you incorrect. Not only should you get out more, you should also learn to read.

UncleElroy

Can Stan
Jun 22, 2021
Did I say I was? You said that you highly doubt anyone on this fourm knows anyone from ‘a favela’ or has been to one themselves. I simply told you I do and have been. Thus proving you incorrect. Not only should you get out more, you should also learn to read.
Ayy boy! You better watch your tone. That’s my fellow Blackhawks fan you’re getting lippy with. #HawksFlyTogether

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
LOL

What was it like in a favela?

And which one in Brazil were you in?

And no offense, I’m really having a hard time believing you on this one outside of being some “Save the children” volunteer who was handing out bottles of water on the outskirts.

Seriously, do you know what a favela is?

Reactions: jaysoneil

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
LOL

What was it like in a favela?

And which one in Brazil were you in?

And no offense, I’m really having a hard time believing you on this one outside of being some “Save the children” volunteer who was handing out bottles of water on the outskirts.

Seriously, do you know what a favela is?
"Hey man, I went to the moon once. It's true because I just told you!"

1st grade logic, lol.

Reactions: Cubs2024wildcard

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

great news, now lets see how all these pieces fit and when and how Stan is going to get rid of Strome, Connolly and CDH

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

great news, now lets see how all these pieces fit and when and how Stan is going to get rid of Strome, Connolly and CDH

Considering the Blackhawks left-side as it stands, they’d be better off keeping dman unless a better LD is coming back.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
"Hey man, I went to the moon once. It's true because I just told you!"

1st grade logic, lol.
I think somebody just wanted to be a “told you “ Andy or type out the word Favela to sound a bit cultured without knowing a favela is filthy slum.

As somebody who is actually dating an authentic Brazilian beauty who has family in Belo Horizonte, ain’t nobody posting on these forums ever been in a Brazilian favela when locals don’t even go into them out of fear.

But hey, Flower is gonna play!!!

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chief from barstool sports reported this the other day and some people were calling him and barstool reporting untrustworthy.

Glad to see it's now been officially released by both fluery and chicago.

I still think dehaan and strome get moved to clear some cap space and finish resigning the few rfa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad