Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
That's why as soon as the trade is concluded the organisation calls the player to inform them. Surely that must be faster and more professional than waiting for free agency to open to do so.
Vegas should inform MAF of the trade as soon as it is finalized. If that is not what happened, then they deserve scritisism. But MAF finding out on Twitter is not in itself an indictment of Vegas.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Vegas should inform MAF of the trade as soon as it is finalized. If that is not what happened, then they deserve scritisism. But MAF finding out on Twitter is not in itself an indictment of Vegas.
Foley has done stuff like this before, so it wouldn't be a particular surprise to anybody. However, as much as I dislike Foley personally, MAF's jerk agent did enough stupid stuff during the year (so bad that MAF had to publicly apologize for him at one point) that if they did that in revenge it was arguably justified. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes between players (and their agents) and the organization that fans don't see, and not all of it is champagne and strawberries.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Lol it's petty to call out the team that still hadn't called him over 30 mins after it leaked? They should have at least had the balls to give him a heads up after all that he's done for that franchise. It's just another instance of the Knights not keeping their players informed of trade stuff.

Where are you getting your information because none of any of the reporting by the press or either team stated 30. Minutes either your making it up or your taking the word of a disgruntled athlete who is nothing more than a drama queen seeking attention and a alternative motive.

What I can tell you that is a fact in Chicago a fanatic sports memorabilia dealer started selling MAF autographed jerseys. That doesn't happen unless approved.

Regarding any type of communication once a deal is approved by the league those players involved are notified , and don't you find it ironic that someone supposedly leaked this information before telling MAF ?
Has anyone been ousted yet that leaked the information? Nope .

Fleury is trying to create unnecessary drama . Would I like to see him play in Chicago yeah without the drama and head case issues. The excuse he would have to move or leave vegas doesn't pass the smell test , because we do know if he was headed back to Pittsburgh he would have to up his family just the same as moving to Chicago.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Where are you getting your information because none of any of the reporting by the press or either team stated 30. Minutes either your making it up or your taking the word of a disgruntled athlete who is nothing more than a drama queen seeking attention and a alternative motive.

What I can tell you that is a fact in Chicago a fanatic sports memorabilia dealer started selling MAF autographed jerseys. That doesn't happen unless approved.

Regarding any type of communication once a deal is approved by the league those players involved are notified , and don't you find it ironic that someone supposedly leaked this information before telling MAF ?

Fleury is trying to create unnecessary drama . Would I like to see him play in Chicago yeah without the drama and head case issues. The excuse he would have to move or leave vegas doesn't pass the smell test , because we do know if he was headed back to Pittsburgh he would have to up his family just the same as moving to Chicago.

To the poster’s defense… The trade happened at 11:30AM and his agent tweeted this at 12:05PM

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

As the post below you shows you the tweet from Walsh at 9:05am which was 35 mins after the info leaked out. All the info is in this thread. Vegas has a history of doing this type of stuff yet he's the drama queen by not saying anything? He told Vegas how he felt. He wanted to stay and that if he was traded, he would consider retirement. Vegas traded him and now he's considering retirement. He hasn't publicly made a statement so how is he a drama queen?

Why would a dealer selling autograph jerseys need approval and from whom? Are they already autographed or is it a ore sale deal where they are waiting for him to sign them?

Apparently they didn't notify him or even give him a heads up by his reaction. And why would someone be ousted for leaking the information? Info leaks happen all the time yet no one is ousted for them.

Do you not see the difference between Pittsburgh and Chicago when it comes to him and his family? Think about their ties to Pittsburgh and how long they lived there. He never wanted to leave Pittsburgh but they showed him the respect of making sure he went where he wanted to go by making the trade with Vegas to make sure they picked him in the ED.

You say he is trying to crate unnecessary drama yet he hasn't said a word. All that's come out is word from Walsh that he's considering his future. He's earned the right to do that

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Why would a dealer selling autograph jerseys need approval and from whom? Are they already autographed or is it a ore sale deal where they are waiting for him to sign them?

Dan Kingerski wrote that on his Pittsburghhockeynow.com blog site.
It is taking orders for a pre-sale and I agree it doesn't necessarily mean there needs to be any approval.

I hope MAF plays in Chicago but have no clue what will happen.

Reactions: kingpest19

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
The fact that Chicago got Fluery for free (minus the cap expenditure obviously) is quite immaterial.

His worth as an asset is no less than it was when he was with Vegas. If he retires its really no skin off Chicago as far as cap goes and he won't be able to sign with anyone next year...so if Pitt wants him that's obviously not good.

If Pitt wants him they are going to have to pony up appropriate assets. Though I hope he suits up for Chicago. I've always liked the guy and I'd rather be cheering "Flower!" than bemoaning "Flower!"

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The fact that Chicago got Fluery for free (minus the cap expenditure obviously) is quite immaterial.

His worth as an asset is no less than it was when he was with Vegas. If he retires its really no skin off Chicago as far as cap goes and he won't be able to sign with anyone next year...so if Pitt wants him that's obviously not good.

If Pitt wants him they are going to have to pony up appropriate assets. Though I hope he suits up for Chicago. I've always liked the guy and I'd rather be cheering "Flower!" than bemoaning "Flower!"

Your logic is absolutely nonsensical:

1. If Fleury could return something of value for Chicago, Vegas would have just traded him for that kind of value instead of giving him up for nothing. Why couldn't Vegas have just traded Fleury to Pittsburgh for the "appropriate assets" instead of just giving him up for free to Chicago?
2. If Fleury does not want to play for you, your 2 options are to trade Fleury or get nothing for Fleury and force him into retirement. How can you possibly think "we can just force him into retirement if you don't give us good value for him" is at all leverage? That's downright nonsense. That's not "leverage", that's "spite" and every player in the NHLPA would immediately put the Hawks on their shit lists for pulling that kind of stunt.

Here are Chicago's 2 choices if Fleury decides to not play for Chicago:

1. Chicago doesn't trade Fleury, Fleury retires and Chicago gets nothing for him
2. Chicago trades him and gets something for him

You thinking "we can just force him to retire if you don't give us a good enough return" has nothing to do with getting value for your team and everything to do with spiting someone else. That's not leverage, that's the Hawks being an asshole :laugh:

The "value" Chicago can get for Fleury is a function of how much salary of his the retain, that's it. If they retain half of his deal, they'll get some value because $3.5 million in dead cap space is worth a pretty penny. But that's solely where the value is going to come from.

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Dan Kingerski wrote that on his Pittsburghhockeynow.com blog site.
It is taking orders for a pre-sale and I agree it doesn't necessarily mean there needs to be any approval.

I hope MAF plays in Chicago but have no clue what will happen.
That's what I figured it was. It's a dealer trying to get a jump ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad