Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So, the Oilers paid Chicago to free up the cap space to sign a deal that makes our extension with Nurse hell now. Great summer so far by Holland.

I mean, Holland is about to complete his own radioactive contract for Hyman, but it's not like he knew Chicago was going to have a nuclear meltdown for Jones. There's plenty to blame Holland for, but this is a reach.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Isnt Chicago in a rebuild mode ? After this im guessing not but are they real contenders or is just a move by a desperate GM/ front office to save their jobs ?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Blackhawks will need another expansion in 4 years to take this bad contract off their hands. I'm kind of glad Ronnie Francis didn't take many if any bad contracts from his peers.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
So far stan looks like a magician dumps keith no salary retention. Gets a young Caleb Jones with a high ceiling. Then gives up boqvist whom hasn't shown any flashes to warrant keeping him plus a 1st rounder in a weak draft for a young stud defenseman well done stan. The salary I'm sure will be a issue later on just because high salaries always seem to hurt teams at some point.

I think chicago defense just became much much better .

A magician? I am not sure too many people are going to agree with you after seeing this deal from top to bottom.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I mean, Holland is about to complete his own radioactive contract for Hyman, but it's not like he knew Chicago was going to have a nuclear meltdown for Jones. There's plenty to blame Holland for, but this is a reach.

There's really no way around it. Holland rolled over to let himself be a stepping stone to Bowman's goal (giving Bowman Jones' bro is part of this as well) that everyone knew Bowman was trying to do. Holland was too busy getting blinded by 3 cup rings to even think about anything else or even realize he had leverage. He may not have expected that Jones contract, but it is what it is. Being a part author of your own demise is a situation people bad at their jobs find themselves doing, intentional or not.

Last edited:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
His contract is not bad at all. He's entering the prime of his career. This place is full 8f hyperbolic morons who just need to over react to everthing. 90% of the time they're wrong but aren't held accountable. Seth Jones is a boss and every team would love to have him on their first pair.

Reactions: binop7

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
looking at cap friendly; both kane and toews are off the cap in 2 years; next year might be the only year there might be a cap crunch; in 2 years hawks get 20 million cap relief I am sure both Kane and toews sign a very cap friendly deal after their current deals are done (if they want to continue playing).

Now that I think about it this isn't as bad as I initially thought. Given the context this deal isn't as terrible IMO

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad