Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
So far stan looks like a magician dumps keith no salary retention. Gets a young Caleb Jones with a high ceiling. Then gives up boqvist whom hasn't shown any flashes to warrant keeping him plus a 1st rounder in a weak draft for a young stud defenseman well done stan. The salary I'm sure will be a issue later on just because high salaries always seem to hurt teams at some point.

I think chicago defense just became much much better .

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, the Oilers paid Chicago to free up the cap space to sign a deal that makes our extension with Nurse hell now. Great summer so far by Holland.

UED

May 2, 2021
Congrats to Chicago. Assuming Toews is still a #1C, I still don't think Chicago has what it takes to beat the top Eastern teams and are only gonna get worse with time as Kane and Toews age out. But they can probably go far in the Western playoffs. I think if they just upgrade Suter and Kurashev and get a goalie(maybe Lankinen's good enough?) they have a chance. #1D, #1C and two #1Ws is a very good core.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
So far stan looks like a magician dumps keith no salary retention. Gets a young Caleb Jones with a high ceiling. Then gives up boqvist whom hasn't shown any flashes to warrant keeping him plus a 1st rounder in a weak draft for a young stud defenseman well done stan. The salary I'm sure will be a issue later on just because high salaries always seem to hurt teams at some point.

I think chicago defense just became much much better .
Caleb Jones ceiling is high because he's a 7th defenceman. Lol

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Congrats to Chicago. Assuming Toews is still a #1C, I still don't think Chicago has what it takes to beat the top Eastern teams and are only gonna get worse with time as Kane and Toews age out. But they can probably go far in the Western playoffs. I think if they just upgrade Suter and Kurashev and get a goalie(maybe Lankinen's good enough?) they have a chance. #1D, #1C and two #1Ws is a very good core.

Toews is not a 1C if he even plays, he needs to play with Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad