Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Was guessing 8 to 9.5 and did not think 9.5 would be the number.

Well they got there player and the Jackets upgrade on some assets.

Sign and trade.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Congrats to Chicago, but this deal feels like $1.5M-2M too much.
That 1.5-2 will go to clotches, whiskey, gambling, cars, bikes, ladies, still rollin, watches, rolex, Breitling, whiskey, cigars, I love it, so it never isn't too much. It's good for everybody. Around them too sire.

Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
there is limited options on these kinds of trades. Chicago sees an opportunity to add a D man who can elevate the team. He just isn't that good but some GM's just act for PR reasons to give the fan base some red meat. Contract is suspect but it will only matter when it matters.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Wow, that seems like a desperate contract to me. Great player, but way too much. Thought that for that length would get a small discount. Jones maxed-out.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
GMs look too much at age and not enough at games played. Jones has already played 580 regular season games. He very well could have peaked already, and it's asking too much to expect a significant improvement, which is the amount you're paying him. And at the end of this deal, they're looking at 1200+ games if Jones stays healthy. The math doesn't add up for this to be a good contract.

The combination of trade and signing is a big mistake for Chicago.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Its an overpay. But not egregious. Jones is absolutely a top pairing two way dman. RD as well. I'd rather overpay a top pairing guy than the middling UFA players that sometimes end up being bottom line players every time.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Just a horrible contract. He took a huge stepback last season but you knew he'd get a huge contract....

OilersGo

Jul 15, 2021
sooooey this is some kind of cash in the chel 8 years 9 and a half million dollarinos big buckers fer a guy like him not the best not the worst but can play any minutes yer ask of em absolute madhouse

Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Seth Jones: Coming off a poor season gets an 8! year deal at 9.5 million cap hit with 1 year left of his current deal
Gabriel Landeskog: ppg player entering UFA. No no no. He should be happy with 6 million..what a joke

I know it a d vs a forward but give me a f....ing break...

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
GMs look too much at age and not enough at games played. Jones has already played 580 regular season games. He very well could have peaked already, and it's asking too much to expect a significant improvement, which is the amount you're paying him. And at the end of this deal, they're looking at 1200+ games if Jones stays healthy. The math doesn't add up for this to be a good contract.

The combination of trade and signing is a big mistake for Chicago.
Great post.

a lot of games, and he’s always around the top in TOI.

He’s likely peaked unless he was really phoning it in for CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad