Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seth Jones: Coming off a poor season gets an 8! year deal at 9.5 million cap hit with 1 year left of his current deal
Gabriel Landeskog: ppg player entering UFA. No no no. He should be happy with 6 million..what a joke

I know it a d vs a forward but give me a f....ing break...

It's not just D vs F but this is also an extreme difference in team context.

Landeskog is the third wheel on what is perhaps the league's top line. He just led the league in secondary assists which makes him look a lot more offensively potent than he is. He's not really a high-end scorer.

Seth Jones was mostly deployed as a glorified shot blocker in the last two years by Tortorella. He's an outstanding rush attacker but the Jackets were dead last in rush attempts. There's very little talent around him to buy space for Jones.

It's too bad we couldn't just swap those two players for a year so you could see what I mean. Jones would be god on the Avs, and Landeskog a good hard nosed 50-55 pt forward.

Reactions: Viqsi and tdfxman

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm pretty confident that Seth Jones is going to shut the haters up next year. He'll look a million times better on the ice with Patrick Kane, and in a system where he is allowed to skate more freely.

My issue with his contract is that $9.5m should be reserved for guys who make their own atmosphere, so to speak. They don't need the best linemates and team approaches to be great. Jones does.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kane maybe happy as Jones can QB a PP and be good on a rush

Look for Jones to pick a lot of top corners as a trailer on the rush, with Patrick Kane as the setup man.

For some dumb reason Torts used to push Jones to go in to rushes four-abreast, which doesn't suit him. He doesn't have great small-area skill. But as a trailer or in any open ice situation, like 3v3, he's as good as it gets.

I don't remember where to find 3v3 stats but for a couple years there Jones was the top scoring 3v3 D-man by a big margin.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
26 year old 6'4 220 pounds mobile and defensively great D-man who has 3 45+ point seasons with the offensively inept Blue Jackets goes to a team with Patrick Kane.

I'd say he will threaten for the Norris the coming 4-5 years making his cap hit quite bearable.

Reactions: Tifosi and migi

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yes for the 2022-23 season only . Toews and kane contracts end next year.

You're telling me the Blackhawks are actually entertaining allowing Toews and Kane to venture into UFA next year? Somehow I doubt that from the outsider looking in. Is the legit thought process that both of them are going to take a $4M/yr paycut or something? And even that...how long? 4 years? 6 years?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You're telling me the Blackhawks are actually entertaining allowing Toews and Kane to venture into UFA next year? Somehow I doubt that from the outsider looking in. Is the legit thought process that both of them are going to take a $4M/yr paycut or something? And even that...how long? 4 years? 6 years?
Is toews going to play again??

Kane will get the same or more tho he hasn't gotten worse at all , toews did and he also has something ailing him.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

Toews will most likely retire thats the word here in Chicago due to his sudden illness. Kane will be offered a new contract but it will be half of what he's making now.

The Toews and kane Era is coming to a close both players are 33 years old when there contracts expire they will be 35 or 36 . While kane still can play he isn't the same player he was say 3 years ago reaching 100 points . Toews has been on the decline since 2015 he had 1 good season the rest were a disappointment and last year he was out for the season with a immune system so as you can see the writing is on the wall.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Toews will most likely retire thats the word here in Chicago due to his sudden illness. Kane will be offered a new contract but it will be half of what he's making now.

The Toews and kane Era is coming to a close both players are 33 years old when there contracts expire they will be 35 or 36 . While kane still can play he isn't the same player he was say 3 years ago reaching 100 points . Toews has been on the decline since 2015 he had 1 good season the rest were a disappointment and last year he was out for the season with a immune system so as you can see the writing is on the wall.

Hawks lose Kane if he is still playing at his current level and they offer him half what he gets now, he hasn't lost a step

They have two more years left on their deals btw

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Is toews going to play again??

Kane will get the same or more tho he hasn't gotten worse at all , toews did and he also has something ailing him.

Toews it's questionable if he will play this year stan wasn't willing to commit to that. Toews when his contract expires either retires or the team let's him walk . Kane if he does resign it won't be for anything what he is making now possibly in the 4 million range.

Kane while he can still play last year was a respectable year but it was noticeable he is not the sane 100 point player anymore.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Hawks lose Kane if he is still playing at his current level and they offer him half what he gets now, he hasn't lost a step

They have two more years left on their deals btw

Kane isn't the same player he was 3 years ago this year was a respectable year but he is declining .
Losing Kane in 2 years at 36 years old isn't a loss. Put your emotions aside and start looking at the big picture. The toews Kane Era is coming to a end.

I see people complaining that we just gave a26 year old top 4 d man 9 million
But now want to give toews and kane 10 plus million at 36 years old ? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad