Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I never said Kane would get a long term deal though it wouldn't surprise me if some team offered him 4 or 5 years)

But if his play keeps up and there is no reason to think it won't with the improvements in the roster you better believe he getting big money.

Maybe not 10 million but it would be close...he will not make less than Hymen

With a flat cap , and 2 years before his contract expires I wouldn't be so sure about him getting a 4 or 5 year term or more than Hymen . I could see depending on various factors a 2 year deal but 4 or 5 and a flat cap nope don't see it. Maybe a team who has cap space and is a bona-fide contender Kane might go for less money.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah you did because he turns 35 right as the new season starts thats a very important detail. Especially if considering any new deal with term. His new contract would effectively start less than a month before he turns 35.
No, I didn't. You're making that part of the discussion, but it wasn't the original point you responded to.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the question about this move will be whether this moves the needle much for Chicago as far as contending. Definitely a step in the right direction but I'd imagine still need more to build to get where they want to go.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Adding Seth Jones at 9.5 mil minus Keith and boqvist doesn’t move the needle much, also factoring in he hasn’t exactly been playing like a 9.5 million dollar d man lately. Bowman has no idea what he’s doing.

I agree with the poster above, just sign Hamilton to a similar contract and keep the picks and boqvist at least….

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
No, I didn't. You're making that part of the discussion, but it wasn't the original point you responded to.

His age just every other sports player is always taken into account. Except the fact Kane turns 35 when the new season and if offered a contract starts. Yes the original post his age is and will be a factor , he may sign a new contract if offered that summer at 34 years old but once the season starts shortly after he turns 35 so the bulk of his playing like 99.9% will be from age 35 plus.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Bowman seemed like he could have been turning a corner.
Still had Toews and Kane.
Had done some nice drafting with Dach, Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell, Kurashev.
Kept finding UFAs in Europe.
And then... he trades Keith and signs Seth Jones to a f***ing franchise strangling contract???
Why?
Does he not see how f***ed San Jose is?
What $9M defenseman in the NHL is anywhere near earning it on a regular basis?
I would have kept Boqvist, signed Zadorov and hit the UFA market for some D help with all that cap space. Wait until Day 3-4 and get some guys desperate for a contract.
I think all this controversy has him rattled.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
His age just every other sports player is always taken into account. Except the fact Kane turns 35 when the new season and if offered a contract starts. Yes the original post his age is and will be a factor , he may sign a new contract if offered that summer at 34 years old but once the season starts shortly after he turns 35 so the bulk of his playing like 99.9% will be from age 35 plus.
No, not when we're talking about how old he'll be when the contract expires. It's not up for debate.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Are stupid people given these GM positions or does the environment make you stupid after you've worked there a few years? Or perhaps distracted by the media or other fears surrounding the team's history?

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Nobody is giving Toews anything he is gone.

Will Kane score 110 again? Maybe not but the past two seasons he was on pace for 97 points...if he is still producing like that in two years you think he going to take a pay cut to make as much as Hymen? Hall?

Toews may be done but Kane has alot left in the tank

I thought I saw a video with him back and rink saying he’s doing well? Seemed like he planned on playing again. Do you just mean when he hits UFA he’s going to retire?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Bowman seemed like he could have been turning a corner.
Still had Toews and Kane.
Had done some nice drafting with Dach, Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell, Kurashev.
Kept finding UFAs in Europe.
And then... he trades Keith and signs Seth Jones to a f***ing franchise strangling contract???
Why?
Does he not see how f***ed San Jose is?
What $9M defenseman in the NHL is anywhere near earning it on a regular basis?
I would have kept Boqvist, signed Zadorov and hit the UFA market for some D help with all that cap space. Wait until Day 3-4 and get some guys desperate for a contract.
I think all this controversy has him rattled.
I feel bad for the hawks because this pretty much is the Karlsson deal except Jones hasnt even had the one decent year Karlsson did in SJ before extending. Huge mistake by them

Reactions: MBH

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
No, not when we're talking about how old he'll be when the contract expires. It's not up for debate.

Are you even tethered to reality ? His age , statistical trend , physical condition, salary , term and salary cap are all up for debate. His contract expiring in Chicago has no bearing on his future contract we know he has 2 more years and a nmc plus a 10.5 annual cap hit. The question being discussed is his future and what it may or may not look like and positive/negatives that will be factored into any discussion.

How did guys like Gretzky or jagr contribute in there mid 30's to there respective teams winning a stanley cup and tell me how massive and long term were there deals ?

Many nhl teams are still dealing with awful contracts handed out just a few years ago on many top 6 well established forwards whom many became busts suddenly after receiving big paydays and many were 28 to 31 years old.

So let's not think Kane will get a free pass in many gms minds here.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So let me get this straight. Chicago was 1 of 2 places he wanted to go. So they traded a good young dman, 2 1st, and a 2nd then turn around and give him 9.5x8? Who were you bidding against?

Avs and Stars but neither team was really in it according to Friedman.

I sincerely doubt either team would ever considered paying Jones more than Makar and Heiskanen UFA or not

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Are you even tethered to reality ? His age , statistical trend , physical condition, salary , term and salary cap are all up for debate. His contract expiring in Chicago has no bearing on his future contract we know he has 2 more years and a nmc plus a 10.5 annual cap hit. The question being discussed is his future and what it may or may not look like and positive/negatives that will be factored into any discussion.

How did guys like Gretzky or jagr contribute in there mid 30's to there respective teams winning a stanley cup and tell me how massive and long term were there deals ?

Many nhl teams are still dealing with awful contracts handed out just a few years ago on many top 6 well established forwards whom many became busts suddenly after receiving big paydays and many were 28 to 31 years old.

So let's not think Kane will get a free pass in many gms minds here.
I don't know what you're on about. You tried to argue that Kane's contract expires at age 36. It does not. Do you understand that simple fact?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I don't know what you're on about. You tried to argue that Kane's contract expires at age 36. It does not. Do you understand that simple fact?

Do you read posts or just assume things ? I'm guessing the latter . If you want to voice a opinion try reading the full posts and conversations.

Yes I did type 36 by accident which in my follow up post if you even bothered to follow the conversation you'd have read I corrected that it was a simple typing error. However the entire premise of the conversation was based on kanes potential next contract and his age . Just because I signed a contract today at 34 but 3 months later when I start to play and earn that contract I turn 35 which undoubtedly makes me a year older and 35 playing not 34 its a difference.

You've avoided answering many factors I've pointed out which clearly means you have no facts.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Do you read posts or just assume things ? I'm guessing the latter . If you want to voice a opinion try reading the full posts and conversations.

Yes I did type 36 by accident which in my follow up post if you even bothered to follow the conversation you'd have read I corrected that it was a simple typing error. However the entire premise of the conversation was based on kanes potential next contract and his age . Just because I signed a contract today at 34 but 3 months later when I start to play and earn that contract I turn 35 which undoubtedly makes me a year older and 35 playing not 34 its a difference.

You've avoided answering many factors I've pointed out which clearly means you have no facts.

:laugh:

Yikes. You just don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad