Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That's pretty impressive to end up a minus player when you're on the ice for all 3 goals for and none against in 26 minutes.

At this point Jones is that guy that people say bad shit about just out of habit. No one is really giving him an honest appraisal anymore.
Minus 2 more tonight. Jones is now minus 3. Some might say he’s struggling adjusting to a new team, but he’s really been struggling for a couple years now. H

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Minus 2 more tonight. Jones is now minus 3. Some might say he’s struggling adjusting to a new team, but he’s really been struggling for a couple years now. H
He really has. He value inst what it should have been and he was once thought to be a future Norris guy. He beem largely overrated for a while now.

Reactions: Ragdoll and Fatass

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boqvist and Sillinger are (arguably) mote valuable to CBJ than Jones is to Chicago. And then there’s a high first coming too?

That is quite the exaggeration.

Two sheltered kids (on a team currently playing better) really don't compare to the situation Seth Jones is in, playing half the night on a tire fire team (which looks even worse without him).

Boqvist is frankly a nothing player at this point, little to no contribution at either end. Sillinger is startlingly good for an 18 year old, though who knows if Chicago would have drafted him.

In terms of future value, Columbus made off like bandits. In terms of current value Chicago did.

Reactions: Theodore450

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I wasn't a fan of the move or the player but Jones has been the Hawks best defenseman. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that it's not a Jones problem, it's a Colliton problem.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Who's supposed to be their best D otherwise ?
Murphy and McCabe, but both have been awful.

Nobody looks good on the Hawks.

If you look at the Hawks analytic stats there are very few players who have 50% corsi/fenwick and very few players over 40% in xGF%.

It's a complete team failure, which makes me think that it's coaching.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I love Jones, but this could start getting messy quick if the Hawks keep losing and decide to sell off assets like Kane and Toews. I wonder how that will sit with Jones who just hitched his wagon to the Hawks for most of his remaining career?

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I love Jones, but this could start getting messy quick if the Hawks keep losing and decide to sell off assets like Kane and Toews. I wonder how that will sit with Jones who just hitched his wagon to the Hawks for most of his remaining career?

I have zero axe to grind with Jones, and I think a lot of people complaining about him so far are blowing it out of proportion. I think things will average out and he’ll show why he’s a top player on Chicago any day now.

But he demanded a trade and limited the teams that he would sign an extension with to 2 teams. If Chicago decides to sell off Toews and Kane’s and Jones is stuck on a rebuilding team for the rest of his career that’s entirely on him.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
But he demanded a trade and limited the teams that he would sign an extension with to 2 teams. If Chicago decides to sell off Toews and Kane’s and Jones is stuck on a rebuilding team for the rest of his career that’s entirely on him.
I don't disagree. But do the Blackhawks want an unhappy Jones for 8 years? Lol. I think part of the reason he signed in Chicago was due to the cache of Kane, Toews, DeBrincat. Then they add Flower. If the Hawks star selling off assets it's going to be rough. I wonder if they can somehow be in on the Jack Eichel sweepstakes?

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I don't disagree. But do the Blackhawks want an unhappy Jones for 8 years? Lol. I think part of the reason he signed in Chicago was due to the cache of Kane, Toews, DeBrincat. Then they add Flower. If the Hawks star selling off assets it's going to be rough. I wonder if they can somehow be in on the Jack Eichel sweepstakes?

The Hawks are just getting out of a rebuild

They aren’t gonna start selling assets

The solution is simple fire the coach. He’s the worst in the NHL

People don’t watch this team at all and these comments show it. Look at this roster and tell me it’s not competing for a playoff spot

They nearly got in last year off of hot goaltending and a red hot PP to start the year with kids everywhere and no Dach or Toews

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad