Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That was the best I've seen Jones look in quite some time.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So...this contract is looking RealBad, huh?
It's a bit of an overpay but unless he gets hurt he'll be a solid guy on the top pairing for its duration. So not great but not horrible.

Yeah there's a chance his play will drop off but there's also a chance that he realizes the promise he had a few seasons ago.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I know it’s the trendy to thing to dump on Jones these days, but he’s honestly been pretty good.

6 points in 7 games and moves the puck very well. Unfortunately he’s on a team with the worst coach in the league and paired with CDH who has fallen off a cliff.

The trade and signing are never going to be steals, but I’m not unhappy with his play. He’s working his ass off.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I know it’s the trendy to thing to dump on Jones these days, but he’s honestly been pretty good.

6 points in 7 games and moves the puck very well. Unfortunately he’s on a team with the worst coach in the league and paired with CDH who has fallen off a cliff.

The trade and signing are never going to be steals, but I’m not unhappy with his play. He’s working his ass off.

With this contract he needs to play like a franchise Dman

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the only solution for him is try playing him at forward. He's still good offensively. Defensively he's painful to watch now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the only solution for him is try playing him at forward. He's still good offensively. Defensively he's painful to watch now.

Who are we talking about now, Gustafsson?

(Checks thread) Oh my god you're actually talking about Seth Jones. Seth Jones isn't hard to watch, he's a decent, relatively careful defender. Doesn't make many mistakes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t know who could have possibly predicted this would be a bad deal.

*rereads thread*

oh….everybody.

Reactions: Shane Diesel

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Going to be the worst contract in the league in a year or two.

Not even close. Seth Jones is a good but not great D-man, and that makes him overpaid, but you have to remember that there are players making that sort of money who aren't even average at what they do.

Reactions: Viqsi

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As posted by Visqi in the CBJ GDT

"Of the 5 goals scored in our 5-4 OT win over the Avs earlier this evening, 4 (including our first of the evening and the GWG) were scored by guys we got as a result of picks from the Seth Jones trade. Two by Cole Sillinger and two by Jake Bean. Sillinger also had an assist on Bean's OT GWG."

......and they get another 1st

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As posted by Visqi in the CBJ GDT

"Of the 5 goals scored in our 5-4 OT win over the Avs earlier this evening, 4 (including our first of the evening and the GWG) were scored by guys we got as a result of picks from the Seth Jones trade. Two by Cole Sillinger and two by Jake Bean. Sillinger also had an assist on Bean's OT GWG."

......and they get another 1st
Honestly, I didn't post that here because this thread is ostemsibly about the Jones extension, not the trade. ;)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Not even close. Seth Jones is a good but not great D-man, and that makes him overpaid, but you have to remember that there are players making that sort of money who aren't even average at what they do.
As long as Jeff Skinner is signed he'll continue to be the worst contract in the league.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
When I saw the trade, then the contract, I was blown away!

Perhaps their crummy market dictates it, but the Blue Jackets are quite good with asset management, probably the best in the league. Gotta give them credit.

Reactions: CBJx614 and Viqsi

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
When I saw the trade, then the contract, I was blown away!

Perhaps their crummy market dictates it, but the Blue Jackets are quite good with asset management, probably the best in the league. Gotta give them credit.

Jarmo also is quite good at fleecing the Blackhawks or at least Stan Bowman. I hate him as a Blackhawks fan which tells you that Jarmo is great at winning trades. Columbus could be pretty exciting in a few years. I’m hoping Jones can be a 1D for us so it ends up not being a lopsided trade. The fact that he got Bean from the 2nd he stole from us is just icing on the cake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad