Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Seth Jones signs extension with the Blackhawks (8 years, $9.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I love Jones, but this could start getting messy quick if the Hawks keep losing and decide to sell off assets like Kane and Toews. I wonder how that will sit with Jones who just hitched his wagon to the Hawks for most of his remaining career?
If Chicago starts selling assets, and Jones wants out, he can always waive his NMC

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
That’s brutal jeez what is Stan thinking holy

Everyone except the most ardent, homer Hawk fans knew this was an awful trade and contract the minute it happened. Signing Hamilton and keeping Boqvist and the draft picks would have been a much, much smarter move. I think they still would have gotten off to a terrible start with Hamilton but at least they could still rebuild with this year's pick (Sillinger or someone comparable) and a high pick this next offseason. But if what we have seen so far is an indication of how the Hawks perform this season then what a trainwreck!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Everyone except the most ardent, homer Hawk fans knew this was an awful trade and contract the minute it happened. Signing Hamilton and keeping Boqvist and the draft picks would have been a much, much smarter move. I think they still would have gotten off to a terrible start with Hamilton but at least they could still rebuild with this year's pick (Sillinger or someone comparable) and a high pick this next offseason. But if what we have seen so far is an indication of how the Hawks perform this season then what a trainwreck!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's the issue I had, that they gave up Boqvist and the picks. That's something they really couldn't afford to do and will really hurt 3 years down the line.

Reactions: nturn06

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Who's supposed to be their best D otherwise ?
I dont know but if he been that they offered so far they are doomed. Read . I didn't day anyone was better , I said if thats the best they got they in trouble!!! His play has been mediocre. While he is overrated he is capable of much better

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
-4 so far against the Wings after 2.
I don’t get why the Hawks just didn’t do what a poster above said. Keep your assets and sign Hamilton..

As a Devils fan I very glad the Hawks didn’t go after Dougie instead .

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
-4 so far against the Wings after 2.
I don’t get why the Hawks just didn’t do what a poster above said. Keep your assets and sign Hamilton..

As a Devils fan I very glad the Hawks didn’t go after Dougie instead .

Jones is the least of our issues

Go read the Hawks boards. You might get a good laugh but few have any complaints about Jones game this year.

Fleury looks like hammered dog shit and this team is a train wreck. As long as that idiot is behind the bench everyone is gonna look like shit.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The Hawks are just getting out of a rebuild

They are gonna start selling assets

The solution is simple fire the coach. He’s the worst in the NHL

People don’t watch this team at all and these comments show it. Look at this roster and tell me it’s not competing for a playoff spot

They nearly got in last year off of hot goaltending and a red hot PP to start the year with kids everywhere and no Dach or Toews
I think you sell assets BEFORE you get out of the rebuild. Those are pretty expensive tutors. Like the Kings it appears maybe they're not doing it right. I hear Eric Staal is availabe on the cheap to mentor players.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This trade is a firm example as to why non-hockey markets are suddenly going to turn into long-term contenders.

Making Johnson your number one centre doesn't help either. This is one giant mess Chicago won't be able to clean up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019

so far this season. This isn’t with slavin to supposedly do the heavy lifting.

Glad Chicago didn’t get him.
951AD4AE-E506-4EA8-AF9B-2862F658ABE3.png

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
This trade is a firm example as to why non-hockey markets are suddenly going to turn into long-term contenders.

Making Johnson your number one centre doesn't help either. This is one giant mess Chicago won't be able to clean up.

Johnson the Hawks number one C? Johnson has been playing wing as much as C. At times in the bottom six.

Dude. Just stop. You clearly never watch this team. I don’t blame you they are a mess but your so far in left field it’s comical

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I think you sell assets BEFORE you get out of the rebuild. Those are pretty expensive tutors. Like the Kings it appears maybe they're not doing it right. I hear Eric Staal is availabe on the cheap to mentor players.

That was supposed to be an aren’t* gonna start selling assets

This team looks lifeless. Like they have tuned out the coach. Look at the players drawing up the plays today and Colliton watching like the stooge he is

Reactions: Daz28

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Who told you Johnson is our 1C?

Johnson the Hawks number one C? Johnson has been playing wing as much as C. At times in the bottom six.

Dude. Just stop. You clearly never watch this team. I don’t blame you they are a mess but your so far in left field it’s comical

I always check the lines on every team usually for my pool, and when I checked around first game for Chicago, Johnson was first line centre. But overall, that's still a dumb move. Sorry to you Hawks fans for having Colliton as a coach and Stan Bowman as your GM.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I always check the lines on every team usually for my pool, and when I checked around first game for Chicago, Johnson was first line centre. But overall, that's still a dumb move. Sorry to you Hawks fans for having Colliton as a coach and Stan Bowman as your GM.
Maybe try looking at time on ice?

Toews and Dach play way more than Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad