Proposal: CHI MTL, you want Demidov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No not in this thread but my post was influenced by some Hab fans at work talking about the memorial cup MVP but hey I should watch my words around sensitive Hab fans that in the past have gone on about the incoming 50 goal CC season and Slaf threads after shorts stretches this season eh?

BTW if being a 3rd line center is the celling for Beck and even Hab fans here aren't pumping him up why is it that absurd if hughes though Demidov was worth trading up for?

Which is of course an extremely unlikely situation in the first place but I digress.

Now maybe your liking this post was more to the first sentence but exactly how do the 4 surplus guys listed in this quote move any needle?

Even to the first part I heard lots of chatter of Riley Kidney being that 3rd line guy but I guess Beck is now that guy?
:eyeroll:

I should've known you'd resort to petty shots. You should just avoid inaccurate statements.

Why? Because there is no consensus at all. Any of the 2-6 ranked guys could easily go in any order. Why move up for a guy who could very easily be available at #5?

You could also refer back to my first post where he likely has more value to the team he's on than in a trade.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
FWIF, according to PuckPedia, the cost to trade up from 5 to 2 is equivalent to ~17th overall.
Essentially suggeting Beck is worth ~17th overall in the OP.

Reactions: wetcoast

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
FWIF, according to PuckPedia, the cost to trade up from 5 to 2 is equivalent to ~17th overall.
That would be true if there was a clear consensus 2nd best player In This draft. There isn't. 2-6 could go in several different combinations of order. Its not even a stretchbto suggest that Demidov may even be there at 5.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
:eyeroll:

I should've known you'd resort to petty shots. You should just avoid inaccurate statements.

Why? Because there is no consensus at all. Any of the 2-6 ranked guys could easily go in any order. Why move up for a guy who could very easily be available at #5?

You could also refer back to my first post where he likely has more value to the team he's on than in a trade.
Hey I backed off my first comment you're the one slinging mud have fun with it as this trade isn't happening and not worth discussing with you either, have a great day.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I would say Habs are happy to draft any of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla at 5. The chance they all go before are super slim, like 0,1% with all those intriguing defensemen. If that happens, they could actually trade down few places and still get that 2nd tier of offensive talent in Catton/ Eiserman/Sennecke and get additional asset.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I would say Habs are happy to draft any of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla at 5. The chance they all go before are super slim, like 0,1% with all those intriguing defensemen. If that happens, they could actually trade down few places and still get that 2nd tier of offensive talent in Catton/ Eiserman/Sennecke and get additional asset.
By some miracle, if Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla are all gone at #5 then I would run to the stage to take Levshunov

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
By some miracle, if Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla are all gone at #5 then I would run to the stage to take Levshunov
I do not any special margin with Levshunov other than he is RHD, but we already have Reinbacher, Mailloux, maybe Barron, Konyushkov for our future. I see him in the same tier as Dickinson, Silayev, Biuim and Parekh. If we want RHD, we can draft Jiricek, Brunicke or Badinka later in 1st round.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Right now we apparently like demidov and lindstrom, so we just need one of Anaheim and Columbus to take a defenseman and we’re fine.

I’d say it’s more likely we trade down then up in this draft tbh

Reactions: Egresch and viceroy

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No not in this thread but my post was influenced by some Hab fans at work talking about the memorial cup MVP but hey I should watch my words around sensitive Hab fans that in the past have gone on about the incoming 50 goal CC season and Slaf threads after shorts stretches this season eh?

BTW if being a 3rd line center is the celling for Beck and even Hab fans here aren't pumping him up why is it that absurd if hughes though Demidov was worth trading up for?

Which is of course an extremely unlikely situation in the first place but I digress.

Now maybe your liking this post was more to the first sentence but exactly how do the 4 surplus guys listed in this quote move any needle?

Even to the first part I heard lots of chatter of Riley Kidney being that 3rd line guy but I guess Beck is now that guy?
You do realize we need 3 players on that 3rd line right?

Reactions: viceroy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Generally there is a consensus on #2 or at least a couple guys clearly in a tier ahead. Instead there are like 4ish realistic choices to go at #2. Frankly, I'm more than happy to stay put at #5 since there are so many different possibilities and that player we want at #2 could fall to #5 without paying anything.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
That would be true if there was a clear consensus 2nd best player In This draft. There isn't. 2-6 could go in several different combinations of order. Its not even a stretchbto suggest that Demidov may even be there at 5.
I get the point, but I think you are looking at this overall in the sense that "everyone between 2 and 6 will have a good player with a similar chance at success."

I doubt the teams are saying that though; they probably have their own list and are looking for specific signs that X is better than Y (attitude, confidence, etc). There is definitely no consensus as to who gets picked at #2, but I think Demidov is probably the favorite. If you want him, you dont take chances and move up.

I also dont have a problem giving Beck up, if Hughes likes Demidov (or whoever). The kid is projected to be what.. a 3rd C? Id rather get a strong top 6 prospect and - if a replacement is needed - trade some of our extra D to do get another defensive C.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Word is the Hawks really want Levshunov, spoiler alert, if they don't take him at 2, he goes to Anaheim at 3

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wait, trade down to take Eiserman at 5??

Yeah, a strange move but I do think many fans are sleeping on Eiserman. If anything, trade down to 6-10 range and you can Eiserman there for sure. Eiserman could go 7 or he could go 13th.

In a redraft years later, I do think Eiserman has a chance to leap frog some guys

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You can't tie this overall calculation to every draft year. It has variance and is usually tied to circumstance/timing. 2-5 is not much difference in the BPA for this draft.

Doubt the Habs use Beck to move from 5-2. Not sure how much we are into Demidov but if we are, we might consider the Avs 2nd or a D prospect.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I do not any special margin with Levshunov other than he is RHD, but we already have Reinbacher, Mailloux, maybe Barron, Konyushkov for our future. I see him in the same tier as Dickinson, Silayev, Biuim and Parekh. If we want RHD, we can draft Jiricek, Brunicke or Badinka later in 1st round.
Well not to be difficult but you aren't paid to scout these guys. Guys that are ARE paid to scout them have him as the 2nd/3rd best player and best dman.

You cant pass on that level of guy just to trade down and take a 2nd tier forward. Its time for The Habs to forget quantity and start thinking quality. There is also noting wrong with having an abundance of solid quality RHD.

They can maybe move up from 26 to get one of those 2nd tier guys if Eiserman/Catton/Helenius drops

Last edited:

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I doubt the teams are saying that though; they probably have their own list and are looking for specific signs that X is better than Y (attitude, confidence, etc). There is definitely no consensus as to who gets picked at #2, but I think Demidov is probably the favorite. If you want him, you dont take chances and move up.
No, they filter out players who they prefer at 5 e.g. Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke, whatever D. Then they look at X factors. If everone from their list is available who do they pick. What are the odds their favorite is still available at 5? Look at Habs draft video from 2023. They perfectly calculated the draft position for Fowler, Xhekaj and Konyushkov.
And dont think anyone from the scouting team would be unhappy if we end up with Iginla at 5. The odds that we get key top 6 prospect at 5 are extremely high, no point of trading up and lose another asset.

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
No Chicago. We are losing our minds.
There are some Montreal fans out there offering Harris or Barron, I want to kill myself.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Well not to be difficult but you aren't paid to scout these guys. Guys that are ARE paid to scout them have him as the 2nd/3rd best player and best dman.

You cant pass on that level of guy just to trade down and take a 2nd tier forward. Its time for The Habs to forget quantity and start thinking quality.....
I wrote I find him among top 5 defenseman in this draft. He is ranked 2-10 by various rankings, so he is in no way consensus top D. You can draft Levshunov or you can just trade down to e.g. SEA or CGY.
Something like 5OA, Josh Anderson for SEA 8OA and 40OA. You still draft a great player at 8 (Catton, Sennecke, Parekh, Dickinson, Silayev, Eiserman...)

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Fair enough but most people are assuming that he is an automatic star for the Habs and while he is a great prospect, probably their best forward one, too many people are stat watching here.

Beck was in a very good situation on a talented team in his last junior year the next step is going to be hard.

Nobody thinks Beck will be a star lmao.

I think you’re confusing Montreal with Vancouver fans. Now that is a fanbase that overrates all their prospects. Remember Podkolzin?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I wrote I find him among top 5 defenseman in this draft. He is ranked 2-10 by various rankings, so he is in no way consensus top D. You can draft Levshunov or you can just trade down to e.g. SEA or CGY.
Something like 5OA, Josh Anderson for SEA 8OA and 40OA. You still draft a great player at 8 (Catton, Sennecke, Parekh, Dickinson, Silayev, Eiserman...)
Luckily we wont have to find out cause there is almost no way that one of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla wont be available at #5

I want BPA at 5 and then move up from 26 as much as possible for one of the 2nd tier forwards (Eiserman/Catton/Helenius/ Sennecke)

Unless they have plans for that 26th pick in some deal for a most established forward.....

Reactions: Egresch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad