Proposal: CHI MTL, you want Demidov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
CHI 2oa to MTL for 5oa And Owen Beck

chi selects Eiserman at 5
Chicago can trade down to 14 if they want Eiserman.

I'll let you in on a little secret they're keeping the pick and taking Levshunov. Book mark this post if you don't believe me.

Meh, rather Montreal just take the best option available at 5 than throwing away Beck.
Demidov or Lindstrom will be there guaranteed at 5.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why does Chicago draft Eiserman ? That sniper to be for Bedard ?

I assumed Chicago would just take the likely better options and remain at 2?

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Rather just keep Beck and take Lindstrom if he’s available. Actually, I think I would rather go with Lindstrom even if Demidov was there at five. I just love the thought of having a big athletic center who can play with our skilled forwards and is talented enough to possibly take over the number one center spot in a few years

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Chicago can trade down to 14 if they want Eiserman.

I'll let you in on a little secret they're keeping the pick and taking Levshunov. Book mark this post if you don't believe me.

Demidov or Lindstrom will be there guaranteed at 5.
As a Sharks fan, I'd be all ears if they're willing to trade down from #2. If you mean trade up from their other 1st, then it's a different conversation that were much less interested in.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What? Why are you talking like I’m part of the decision making? Also, Kotkaniemi was a late riser whole Lindstrom was considered top 3 before his injury mid-season. Two totally different situations
Size is the determining factor and sure if it's close by the skill level of Demidov is simply too great to pass up here IMO.

Of course very draft year is totally different situations but the Big center trap isn't a new one by any means.

NHL GMs for decades have all been trying to literally get the "next Big thing"

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not moving Beck
Fair enough but most people are assuming that he is an automatic star for the Habs and while he is a great prospect, probably their best forward one, too many people are stat watching here.

Beck was in a very good situation on a talented team in his last junior year the next step is going to be hard.

Reactions: stanley25

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Fair enough but most people are assuming that he is an automatic star for the Habs and while he is a great prospect, probably their best forward one, too many people are stat watching here.

Beck was in a very good situation on a talented team in his last junior year the next step is going to be hard.
Habs are not expecting any of that.
We are expecting a good shutdown 3C that can chip in 30-40pts and shutdown the opposing top line.

He is not u touchable, but we ain't trading that type of young player just to move up to #2. We'd trade guys that are surplus like Harris - Struble - Mesar - Farrell etc...

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

The point is there isn't a big enough difference in the quality of player you can get at 2 compared to 5 to give up a top prospect. Or even a promising prospect. We're talking about 18byear old kids. There's no guarantee that the player picked 2nd OA will be the 2nd best player taken in tbe draft. Montreal will get a hood player at 5 abd they won't have to give up a promising prospect to do it

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Not enough difference between 2 and 5 to warrant giving him up.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Made up BS. Cut the shit. Most Habs fans expect him to slot in at 3C eventually, and if he becomes more, then great. Basically, we expect him to replace/be an upgrade on Dvorak.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We are expecting a good shutdown 3C that can chip in 30-40pts and shutdown the opposing top line.

Fair enough.
He is not u touchable, but we ain't trading that type of young player just to move up to #2. We'd trade guys that are surplus like Harris - Struble - Mesar - Farrell etc...
But exactly how much value do any of these players have.....?

All that being said I don't see this type of trade unless one party is really focused on a player and I doubt that is the case here.

Made up BS. Cut the shit. Most Habs fans expect him to slot in at 3C eventually, and if he becomes more, then great. Basically, we expect him to replace/be an upgrade on Dvorak.
Well if he is that type of player then it's not a reach trade around these parts even if it's still unlikely and no you are right a small segment of Habs fans never overhype their prospects right?

The point is there isn't a big enough difference in the quality of player you can get at 2 compared to 5 to give up a top prospect. Or even a promising prospect. We're talking about 18byear old kids. There's no guarantee that the player picked 2nd OA will be the 2nd best player taken in tbe draft. Montreal will get a hood player at 5 abd they won't have to give up a promising prospect to do it
I agree with this point but like I said in another thread this type of deal only happens if a GM is focused on a guy at #2 and in this case it seems extremely unlikely.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

Find a post where any Hab fan thinks he will be a star. Please. I'm waiting. He is a promising prospect that could become a very solid 3C with good character and , good leadership skills.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Uh no. Most have him pegged as a high quality #3C. A guy who provides more worth to his team than he fetches in a trade.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Even to the first part I heard lots of chatter of Riley Kidney being that 3rd line guy but I guess Beck is now that guy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad