Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Chicago signs Jordin Tootoo (1 year, $750K)

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Just when I thought Stan was starting to silence some of his detractors he pulls this.

I'm sure Q is [MOD] over this move but the last thing we need is another washed up bottom sixer that's going to leave us shorthanded more often than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Cheap players to play the bottom 6 who aren't prospects that either are **** ( Mcneil) or haven't played a single NHL game yet so they can play in the AHL and warm up to not being in the same size range as their college piers (Motte, Schmaltz) or are basically the same play level except with less experience (hinostranza, baun, kero). The only players in rockford that will probably get playing time are Hartman and MAYBE schmaltz and motte towards the end of the year.

Q doesn't want rookies who are learning on the job during the season, he wants players who are ready to step in. hes done it since hes gotten here, and it's worked more times than anyone since the lockout.

I'm not recommending they use prospects to fill that roster spot. Hurting their development is worse in the long run than giving ice time to someone who's below average, but there are other options who will sign for the league minimum who would contribute more than Tootoo.

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
Just when I thought Stan was starting to silence some of his detractors he pulls this.

I'm sure Q is [MOD] over this move but the last thing we need is another washed up bottom sixer that's going to leave us shorthanded more often than not.

Who do we have that fits that bill aside from tootoo?

honestly, this isn't an end of the world signing. At 750k if he is that ****ing bad the hawks waive him and *poof* it's like he was never there. If he plays, it's because there isn't a rookie that worth putting in that position most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He hits, competes hard, plays physical, gets into scraps and distracts opponents (is a bit of a pest).

He's useful in a limited 4th line role at a basement price, excatly what the Hawks can afford and use.

The Hawks already know what he can do.:laugh:

12182141-mmmain.jpg

This looks like the start of some elaborate, secret handshake.

Stuckinthe2ndround*

I feel like this thread was stickied all of 27 minutes.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I remember his final year with Nashville. I thought he finally put it all together. I was wrong.

I hope Ferland doesn't end up being a Tootoo clone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
hahahahhahahahahha jesus man we need a new coach and its not even because he's a bad coach when it comes to coaching the actual game, he's amazing at playing the matchups and stuff. He is completely inept at making roster decisions and stan freaking bowman won't take away his little toys Mashinter and Rosi. Not only that, he adds another freaking plug to the mix.

Your blaming Q for Bowman's mistakes?

Bowman traded for Mash and then extended him this summer ,, That is not Q's doing

Bowman keeps giving Rozy 1 year deals ,, That is not Q's doing

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Devils fans hatred of Tootoo and Gionta is completely unwarranted. Both are effective 4th liners. Both are good forecheckers and bring energy. Gionta is also good on the pk, and is pretty good defensively.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
No.

But he brings 'that element' Q likes, which as far as we can tell means he hits, takes dumb penalties, and generally plays hockey poorly. Bonus points if you're also old and slow.

I love how you are questioning a three time Stanley Cup winning coach about what he 'likes'.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
Hawks fans are complaining about Quenneville as a coach? Lmao. Feel free to rally to get him fired then. I think you've had way too many things go your way in recent years which is magnifying the things that aren't slam dunk successes. Brats.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils fans hatred of Tootoo and Gionta is completely unwarranted. Both are effective 4th liners. Both are good forecheckers and bring energy. Gionta is also good on the pk, and is pretty good defensively.

yea, you must be watching different games because none of that is true

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It really seems like that sometimes. Ex: Jeremy Morin.

You understand the concept of assets right? I know a lo of people get bugged at trading prospects on a prospect forum but Bowman deliberately referenced around the draft this year how of course you have to consider all draft picks/prospects as assets and not every piece needs to be an NHL product. Having some AHL talent can help your team to develop sometimes. Hopefully there is some AHL sights in the signing of Tootoo they did have a couple recent more AHL signings before this, Abbot, Carrick, & Labrrie. Maybe Carrick has a potential element to play some NHL games but that's mostly AHL fodder signings.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

No they are not. Fake Gionta especially.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Was hoping the Canucks were going to sign him to play on the 4th line with Burrows..

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Hopefully Patrick Kane and Jordin Tootoo don't start partying together.

Don't see why they would when Tootoo has over 5 years of sobriety.

Tootoo was a very effective agitator and energy guy, nothing goon about him. Guys like Cote, McKenzie, Grimson... those are goons. Tootoo made his share of boneheaded plays and cheap shots, but he also had a fair amount of hockey skill. He certainly never gave Preds fans any reason to despise him.

Affordable grit is all it is, some spark/energy is what Tootoo will bring.

Isn't Bowman the analytics king?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
2014-2015 Tootoo was decent, actually good.

2015-2016 version...oh nooo, noo no. Just no.

Nonetheless he is an amazing person and teammate.

Ad

Ad

Ad