Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CBJ] Jones, 2021 1st (32OA), '22 6th for Boqvist, '21 1st (12OA), '21 2nd, '22 1st (protected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Suzuki was always a center. People on these boards pencilled him in at RW because we had Domi + KK + Danault at center and a lot of people didn't realize he had a 2 way game

Not true. Suzuki was seen as a future RW as he was going back and forth from W to C in the OHL and once he was traded to Montreal, Bergevin said he sees Suzuki as a C and asked his junior team to play him there. Even after that, he played 50/50 between W and C and played the whole WJC as a winger

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So is Stan bowman, the worst gm in the league, loading up for a run now? Or is he just going to sit on his hands for three years and waste Jones?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
So is Stan bowman, the worst gm in the league, loading up for a run now? Or is he just going to sit on his hands for three years and waste Jones?

Well a quick look at the rest of the defence and goaltending and I think he needs to do a shit ton more!

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Nope. You were trying to jump ahead to "but everybody knows he's leaving" before anything came out and demand an immediate return based on that. You were putting the cart before the horse. At best you're a stopped clock.
EagerCluelessDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Blue jackets with four first rounders tonight

Oh my Godddd I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to think of where that other 1st came from because I didn't think they had anyone worth trading a 1st for at the deadline but then it hit me

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This seems like an underwhelming return to be honest. Im surprised Columbus had to add the first.

This is basically the Trouba trade all over again, except the Jets didn't include anything else and Jones has had the higher peak.

We can talk about his form but clearly that wasn't a factor, otherwise the Hawks wouldn't pay him 9.5M a year.

EDIT: Okay, spoke to soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad