Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CBJ] Jones, 2021 1st (32OA), '22 6th for Boqvist, '21 1st (12OA), '21 2nd, '22 1st (protected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
@Viqsi do my eyes deceive me or is there no 1st line center here

As a long time Habs fan and one who had to endure 2012-2018 with the hoping to acquiring one - I can tell you for certainty that you simply ain’t going to get one in a trade. No one (and I mean no one) wants to trade them.

Reactions: CatchyTune

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If it's Jones + 32 OA for Boqvist + 12 OA + future picks, I think it's a solid return for Columbus, and Jones will be excellent in Chicago.

I love Seth Jones. One of my favorite players. I think HFBoards is now underrating him more than he was being overrated a year or so ago. That being said, that contract is f***ing insane.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As a long time Habs fan and one who had to endure 2012-2018 with the hoping to acquiring one - I can tell you for certainty that you simply ain’t going to get one in a trade. No one (and I mean no one) wants to trade them.
That one's testy because he didn't like that, prior to Jones making his departure intentions known, Jackets fans in general were saying the only thing that'd get us to move him was a #1C. Of course that changed as soon as it became clear he was on the way out, but, hey, why bother with how things actually went when there's a chance to try for Internet Points.

Amusingly, the new rule of thumb was "a top prospect and a 1st". Chicago, in particular, had a rule of "at least two of Dach, Boqvist, Reichel, 2021 1st, 2022 1st". And it sounds like we got that.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Columbus is lucky to have jarmo, he can’t control guys wanting to leave but damn he can control the great returns. That’s a sign of a good gm, good under pressure.

and by the by I don’t think this is bad as people are saying for Chicago, if they feel they are ready to contend this is the right move

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Columbus is lucky to have jarmo, he can’t control guys wanting to leave but damn he can control the great returns. That’s a sign of a good gm, good under pressure.

and by the by I don’t think this is bad as people are saying for Chicago, if they feel they are ready to contend this is the right move

Except for the times he chose not to.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Everyone who likes this deal is doing so based off his reputation from 5 years ago. Jones has been going down hill for years now but everyone still thinks he's great because he was good 5 year ago and hits people.

I think Jones is generally overrated and hasn't been very good the past two years, but you realize 5 years ago was the season he was trade to Columbus, right?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That one's testy because he didn't like that, prior to Jones making his departure intentions known, Jackets fans in general were saying the only thing that'd get us to move him was a #1C. Of course that changed as soon as it became clear he was on the way out, but, hey, why bother with how things actually went when there's a chance to try for Internet Points.

Amusingly, the new rule of thumb was "a top prospect and a 1st". Chicago, in particular, had a rule of "at least two of Dach, Boqvist, Reichel, 2021 1st, 2022 1st". And it sounds like we got that.

You’re replying to the wrong person. I replied to the guy (probably the one you wanted to reply at first) that getting a young C who’s already shown top 6 C potential in the NHL to be literally impossible. I personally didn’t have an opinion in the Seth Jones return aside from that thought

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad