Confirmed Trade: [CHI/CBJ] Jones, 2021 1st (32OA), '22 6th for Boqvist, '21 1st (12OA), '21 2nd, '22 1st (protected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
People focus on the money too much sometimes. If you have an opportunity to get one of the best D in the league locked up long term, how much can you squabble about?
Chicago clearly plans to contend while they still have Toews and Kane at an age where they can play at a high level for at least a couple more years.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan

·
1m
Seth Jones is signing an 8-year extension w/ Chicago, sources tell ESPN. Blackhawks are receiving a 1st round pick (no. 32 overall) as part of the deal + CBJ 6th in 2022. Still waiting return for CBJ but Seth will get to play with his brother, Caleb, on Chicago's blue line.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
People focus on the money too much sometimes. If you have an opportunity to get one of the best D in the league locked up long term, how much can you squabble about?
Chicago clearly plans to contend while they still have Toews and Kane at an age where they can play at a high level for at least a couple more years.

The thing is that this contract basically makes sure that the Hawks won't seriously contend anytime soon considering what they already paying Toews and Kane.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oh, he still has one year left on his current contract. So he will be making $9.5 million a season through 2029-30.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I actually find the trade very fair.

The contract is yikes though, and I didn't see Chicago as the team that would give that deal.

But as an outsider, I love the action

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
66 million dollars and getting to live in the city of Chicago for 7 years. Seems like that's a pretty good day for Seth Jones.

My mistake. 76 mullion dollars and getting to live in the city of Chicago for 8 years. An even better day for Seth Jones.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
The thing is that this contract basically makes sure that the Hawks won't seriously contend anytime soon considering what they already paying Toews and Kane.

This does help ease the pain from acquiring OEL, thank you for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad