Chewing the Mouthguard Looks Classless and is Careless

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Never understood why this bothers people so much.

Like really, he’s just some dude chewin on his mouthguard. I’m sure he enjoys that it bothers people
It’s the equivalent of sucking your thumb. Why does he even wear it tho? No one would care if he didn’t use one. Or is he just so ADHD he needs something in his mouth at all times like a dog?

Also I’m not calling you out directly. Just using your post as a jumping point in this thread.

People have a f***ing opinion about everything these days.

Unreal.
They’ve dedeciated whole television stations where they broadcast these opinions world wide.

It’s called the news

Last edited:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
How to properly deal with it:

DapperPessimisticFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif

Ha this is awesome I can't believe I never saw this.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Calling it classless is so f***ing stupid.

I hope every player in the league starts doing it just so you're at maximum annoyance for caring about this.

I 100% agree. There are also health benefits from chewing on the mouthguard such as increased jaw strength and reduced chance of cardiac arrest.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I think what annoys me most about mouthguards is how players take them out almost as soon as play stops. You see them celebrating goals and they've all got them out

1673714646282.png

Do you really need to wear it if you're just going to take it out or start chewing on it at the first opportunity? Freud would have a field say watching the NHL.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Must've destroyed his moms nipples, it will be pretty funny when one of them takes a slapshot directly to the teeth and don't have a shield in but it's their decision.

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
I'm a big Matthew Tkachuk fan, but him constantly chewing the piece of plastic (that was once formed to cover his teeth to help prevent concussions and loss of teeth) looks so dumb. And I've noticed a few other players doing it too. Looks classless. I wonder what insurance thinks about it? Wonder if the NHL cares? Looks so idiotic to me and obviously defeats the purpose of the mouthguard.

*edit- I played with a mouthguard, it's literally not a big deal at all and they serve a valuable purpose.

I think it looks cool

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
It’s the equivalent of sucking your thumb. Why does he even wear it tho? No one would care if he didn’t use one. Or is he just so ADHD he needs something in his mouth at all times like a dog?

Also I’m not calling you out directly. Just using your post as a jumping point in this thread.

They’ve dedeciated whole television stations where they broadcast these opinions world wide.

It’s called the news
The what?

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Must've destroyed his moms nipples, it will be pretty funny when one of them takes a slapshot directly to the teeth and don't have a shield in but it's their decision.
Back in the stone age, we all played without them.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I think what annoys me most about mouthguards is how players take them out almost as soon as play stops. You see them celebrating goals and they've all got them out

View attachment 635085

Do you really need to wear it if you're just going to take it out or start chewing on it at the first opportunity? Freud would have a field say watching the NHL.
You can't really talk with it in. How are you supposed to slap the boys on the ass and say "nice pass let's ****ing go boys" with a mouth guard in.

Cbdabi

Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure he enjoys doing that even more when he knows it pisses you off? You know why? You're showing your weaks in a competitive sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad