Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I want to see Bean and Fox up with the big club sooner than later

Slavin - Hamilton
Bean - Pesce
de Haan - Fox

that’s dreamyworthy stuff if the two young bucks play to their potential

Certainly drool-worthy. I’ve been hoping that the Canes ice those exact pairs for the 2019-2020 season since right after they picked up de Haan. Another benefit there is that if they trade Faulk and TVR this summer, they save around $8M in cap and around $9M in real money. Those savings could really go a long way in possibly retaining Ferland or getting his replacement plus another F this off-season.

I’m not certain though that the braintrust will be willing to jettison both Faulk and TVR though. That’s a lot of experience lost for the unknowns of Fox and Bean.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I’m not certain though that the braintrust will be willing to jettison both Faulk and TVR though. That’s a lot of experience lost for the unknowns of Fox and Bean.
It's not that big of a gamble. The worst case scenario:

de Haan/Pesce
Slavin/Hamilton
Fleury/McKeown

Not that bad. Fleury has looked better and McKeown was serviceable in his games last season.
However, someone mentioned in the GDT for the Wild trying to win a cup with Williams as captain. If that is even remotely the vision, then I think the Canes keep Faulk. He has been playing on a true top pairing with Pesce. His passing is the best it has been in several years. If his shot gets back to 2015 level, then Faulk is as valuable as a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad