Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018

He's producing again, but he's back playing wing supposedly, which I'm okay with.

I wouldn't exactly call it wing. On the goal he carried the puck through the center of the ice--twice. The first time he received it well inside the blue line and the defense set up a roadblock so he circled back and passed to a Checkers d-man . The puck went back to Necas almost immediately. He used his speed to carry it 120 feet made a pass to Jurco who immediately returned it to Necas in front of the net for a tip. Necas used his skating to get through all five defenders.
Basically on offense Necas is the puck-carrier. On defense and draws Brown is playing the center role. It is working really well.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It is a common misconception that the city of Buffalo was named after the animal. It is actually an English corruption of the French term for "Beautiful River" as the city is located on the Niagara River. Also the Anchor Bar is a tourist trap, you can find far better wings in most taverns in the city.

Can confirm.

Seriously though Buffalo Bros has REALLY good wings if you get them well done.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Another game another victory.

Checkers beat the Sabres' AHL team on the same night the Canes beat the parent team. Gauthier scored his 19th on a center-ice steal and breakaway, unassisted, to open the scoring.

Funny bit from the box score. Evidently, William Borgen got under Clark Bishop's skin last night, as they scuffled at the end of the first *and* second periods, with Bishop getting the extra minor each time. Alexei Saarela served both penalties for Bishop. Somebody owes somebody a smoothie.

Saarela scored his 22nd on the power play in the third period to put it away.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Checkers beat the Sabres' AHL team on the same night the Canes beat the parent team. Gauthier scored his 19th on a center-ice steal and breakaway, unassisted, to open the scoring.

Funny bit from the box score. Evidently, William Borgen got under Clark Bishop's skin last night, as they scuffled at the end of the first *and* second periods, with Bishop getting the extra minor each time. Alexei Saarela served both penalties for Bishop. Somebody owes somebody a smoothie.

Saarela scored his 22nd on the power play in the third period to put it away.
Both GOAT and Saarela seem to be proving some things this season in Charlotte. Saarela has stepped up w/Kuokkanen's injury (surgery upcoming; out for the season) and Gauthier seems to continue to improve w/age.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
It is a common misconception that the city of Buffalo was named after the animal. It is actually an English corruption of the French term for "Beautiful River" as the city is located on the Niagara River. Also the Anchor Bar is a tourist trap, you can find far better wings in most taverns in the city.
Duffs is where I go when I visit my family in Buffalo.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
The Checkers have two big games coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday against the current "kings of the north," Syracuse. Two game sweep would go a long way to assuring home ice throughout the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad