Proposal: Chabottom Girls Make The RocKing World Go 'Round: L.A. + OTT + ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wouldn't do Chabot for Turcotte + Clarke so forget it if OTT has to take Maatta and give up a 2nd

Ottawa doesn't need more prospects, they need their current prospects to develop into solid players, like Chabot did before

Also, when Ottawa finally has a solid team (money invested?), people will actually realize how good Chabot is.

bingo

Reactions: topshelf15

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I wouldn't do Chabot for Turcotte + Clarke so forget it if OTT has to take Maatta and give up a 2nd

Ottawa doesn't need more prospects, they need their current prospects to develop into solid players, like Chabot did before

Also, when Ottawa finally has a solid team (money invested?), people will actually realize how good Chabot is.

I called Chabot 'an all-star calibre LD' in the OP, and I have the Kings giving up two highly touted prospects for him...

I certainly don't think I've underrated his impact as a player

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I called Chabot 'an all-star calibre LD' in the OP, and I have the Kings giving up to highly touted prospects for him...

I certainly don't think I've underrated his impact as a player

I never said you did, but it's an overall "sentiment" from the web, because Chabot has only been playing in Ottawa during the scorched earth rebuild.

Last edited:

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So Ottawa is in rebuild mode according to you so they should want to trade Chabot for that fact. And yet everybody and their dog knows LA is also in rebuild mode as well. Yet somehow you think is a good idea for Chabot to go to LA? Why does that same logic not apply to them in your world?

Its not a single quote of yours I’m basing this on, rather I’m trying to follow your train of logic. You make the proposals so please help us to understand.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The reason I'm getting rocked for it because they think they have some authority over others and their proposals... that mindset is the point of contention

Well, respectfully, take my opinion for what it's worth (not much)--I'm seeing it as you were given feedback on multiple "player x"s in other threads and you don't use those to inform your proposals. If it's just posters governing thought for no reason then I agree with you, but a lot of the backlash is coming from a place of "we just told you". My 2C.

To the proposal I would not disagree that Chabot is like the perfect target for the kings in a vacuum but that regardless there is nothing that would make sense to Ottawa moving him period.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
So Ottawa is in rebuild mode according to you so they should want to trade Chabot for that fact. And yet everybody and their dog knows LA is also in rebuild mode as well. Yet somehow you think is a good idea for Chabot to go to LA? Why does that same logic not apply to them in your world?

Its not a single quote of yours I’m basing this on, rather I’m trying to follow your train of logic. You make the proposals so please help us to understand.

I said Ottawa was years away from contention...

Also, the Kings just signed Danault, traded for Arvidsson, and brought in Edler... one could be forgiven for believing they're no longer in rebuild mode if that's not the case

I certainly don't view the Kings as a team that is "years away from contention" like I do with Ottawa...

Seems like an easy train of logic to hop aboard, no?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Well, respectfully, take my opinion for what it's worth (not much)--I'm seeing it as you were given feedback on multiple "player x"s in other threads and you don't use those to inform your proposals. If it's just posters governing thought for no reason then I agree with you, but a lot of the backlash is coming from a place of "we just told you". My 2C.

To the proposal I would not disagree that Chabot is like the perfect target for the kings in a vacuum but that regardless there is nothing that would make sense to Ottawa moving him period.

I disagree...

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I said Ottawa was years away from contention...

Also, the Kings just signed Danault, traded for Arvidsson, and brought in Edler... one could be forgiven for believing they're no longer in rebuild mode if that's not the case

I certainly don't view the Kings as a team that is "years away from contention" like I do with Ottawa...

Seems like an easy train of logic to hop aboard, no?
Well, judging by the reply's and just a general reading of the room, I would have to disagree

Seems to me you and your proposals have left a lot more than just me confused.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017

I know it doesn’t quite make sense for Ottawa but in a cap world it’s inexcusable to trade a potential 1C and 1D away if your goal is to contend for the Stanley cup. Regardless of how good of a player is coming back the other way.

We’re not talking about Erik Brannstrom and Colin White here. Turcotte and Clarke are blue chip prospects and up until now we don’t have any indication Clarke can’t be a Chabot, and to pay a premium in Turcotte after just recently making the draft choice and getting your player just doesn’t quite make sense to me.

I’m not trading Stützle & Sanderson for virtually anyone. They are too good of prospects and weaponizing that ELC is invaluable. So I’m sure LA feels the same about Turcotte & Clarke, even more so because they have contracts and established players already.

IMO Kings win a cup faster with Turk and Clarke on their ELC than with Chabot in their line up. The goal is to win a cup, not to do the best you can as soon as possible.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I just don't understand how Ottawa, or any team for that matter, like Arizona in the other thread, ever get to contender status if they keep trading their best young, cost controlled players for more picks and prospects simply because they aren't contending. It seems like an endless carousel that only has U23 players on it.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I just don't understand how Ottawa, or any team for that matter, like Arizona in the other thread, ever get to contender status if they keep trading their best young, cost controlled players for more picks and prospects simply because they aren't contending. It seems like an endless carousel that only has U23 players on it.
This 100%.

It’s something the OP fails to understand. The entire point of the rebuild is to eventually be rebuilt.

Reactions: topshelf15

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

especially when you have a young guy who wants to be there and has committed long term. chabot maybe more untouchable than Stutzle IMO, just because one has committed long term to the city and franchise.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Im starting to think this is Eklund's HF profile. Nothing makes sense and it's always awful.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

This 100%.

It’s something the OP fails to understand. The entire point of the rebuild is to eventually be rebuilt.

Not every "best young" player is equal... if Keller is your best young forward coming out of a rebuild, I don't have much faith that rebuild will be successful (not saying Arizona won't draft a better forward in the coming drafts)

The entire point of a rebuild is to eventually be rebuilt into a contender that leads to a championship... not just another mid-tier team

That's something you fail to understand...

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Not every "best young" player is equal... if Keller is your best young forward coming out of a rebuild, I don't have much faith that rebuild will be successful (not saying Arizona won't draft a better forward in the coming drafts)

The entire point of a rebuild is to eventually be rebuilt into a contender that leads to a championship... not just another mid-tier team

Sorry I just fail to see how trading a 24 yr old # 1 d man (league wide consensus) who just recently signed an 8 yr deal for what appears to be below market value, in a not so desirable location, hampers the odds of becoming a contender for Ottawa down the road. Call me crazy……

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Sorry I just fail to see how trading a 24 yr old # 1 d man (league wide consensus) who just recently signed an 8 yr deal for what appears to be below market value, in a not so desirable location, hampers the odds of becoming a contender for Ottawa down the road. Call me crazy……

I don't think anyone would be crazy to keep Chabot... nor do I think anyone would be crazy to to trade him for Turcotte and Clarke...

Also, this is the Keller thread...

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

With regards to the other thread I meant our discussion about Chychrun. I think guys like him and Chabot are guys you hope to draft to build said contender. Like you said though, we disagree and that's cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad