Proposal: Chabottom Girls Make The RocKing World Go 'Round: L.A. + OTT + ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Many posters wear their fandom like a sheriff's badge as if that gives them some kind of authority over that team and its players...

As for Turcotte + Clarke for Chabot... yes, that's definitely worthy a good long look, isn't it?

With the same approach in mind of having the second wave of kids come in together, I'd be looking to deal Zub and C. Brown as well...
Not a fan of Ottawa but makes no sense like @CornerStone61 said to trade their young #1 dman just signed for 8 years. Same in another proposal for Columbus, also not a fan of, to move Werenski who was just signed for 6 years.

I also don’t see why Columbus would retain on Laine and trade him now rather than later and see how the season goes and possibly get more at trade deadline if he’s moved or moving Voracek who they just picked up in a trade this offseason.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Not a fan of Ottawa but makes no sense like @CornerStone61 said to trade their young #1 dman just signed for 8 years. Same in another proposal for Columbus, also not a fan of, to move Werenski who was just signed for 6 years.

I also don’t see why Columbus would retain on Laine and trade him now rather than later and see how the season goes and possibly get more at trade deadline if he’s moved or moving Voracek who they just picked up in a trade this offseason.

It makes some sense, whether you think it makes enough sense to justify actually doing it is another story...

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Another horrible trade proposal. I know posting on here is an inherently masturbatory act, but you take it to another level.
It makes some sense, whether you think it makes enough sense to justify actually doing it is another story...

It makes sense if you apply the lowest bar of making sense. It is, however, a very stupid idea.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Not interested from Ottawa's perspective. I would turn down the trade just based on the goofy thread title

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No, it makes no sense.

Chabot is a proven, bona-fide 1D at 24 signed for 8 years at 8M. So, a young, proven 1D on what is now a value contract does not go for Alex Turcotte and Brandt Clarke.

Thomas Chabot is available if you make a f***ing stupid offer (McDavid, MacKinnon, some package of multiple proven top line guys or like 5 firsts). He's not available for two prospects who aren't remotely proven yet.

Reactions: SNES

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
No, it makes no sense.

Chabot is a proven, bona-fide 1D at 24 signed for 8 years at 8M. So, a young, proven 1D on what is now a value contract does not go for Alex Turcotte and Brandt Clarke.

Thomas Chabot is available if you make a f***ing stupid offer (McDavid, MacKinnon, some package of multiple proven top line guys or like 5 firsts). He's not available for two prospects who aren't remotely proven yet.

Just a very odd proposal in that Clarke and Turcotte carry so much trade equity and it feels ridiculous to deny that offer for Chabot, but 10 out of 10 times I would.

We can’t be stuck in this continuous circle of one step forward, two step back in terms of contending.

Some points though, I love Chabby but in all honesty I see him more as a very high end #2 at this point, and 8m isn’t exactly a bargain. Hopefully we see straight dominance from him as the team improves though.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Los Angeles out: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta, Quick
Los Angeles in: Chabot, Hutton

The bold one is exactly where the proposal stops for the Kings
Clarke is our future star defender.

Why would we trade our future defense star for another future defense star and give up Turcotte, Matta and Quick on top????

Just stop any proposal including Clarke please, he is going nowhere

Reactions: KingTech

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Why would we trade our future defense star for another future defense star and give up Turcotte, Matta and Quick on top????

I think the obvious answer is there's no guarantee they reach their potential and become stars...

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I think the obvious answer is there's no guarantee they reach their potential and become stars...

There must be lot's going wrong to derail Clarke.
Anyways, we take this minimal risk and keep our assets.

If you insist to include us in trade proposals, the only thing we need is a goal scoring winger and nothing else.
So if you want to make more pun headline proposals, get us that winger

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
There must be lot's going wrong to derail Clarke.
Anyways, we take this minimal risk and keep our assets.

If you insist to include us in trade proposals, the only thing we need is a goal scoring winger and nothing else.
So if you want to make more pun headline proposals, get us that winger

You'll get no push back from me if you want to keep Clarke and Turcotte...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Interesting that you decided to target my response rather than the message I was responding to...

For f*** sakes quit trying to dump Quick outta LA

This poster is swearing and telling another member of the site who they should or in this case shouldn't include in their proposals... but I'm the ass?

If I would trade Quick to get his cap hit off the books... what does it matter if others wouldn't?

A lot of posters give their opinions as if they're facts, and then think I'm a fool for not accepting them as such. Do you call those posters out as well?

If you're not interested in my opinion or proposals, you can either stop clicking on my threads, or put me on ignore...
If you started by actually sending something valuable for a 6M$ cap dump, then MAYBE someone whould listen...

And by that it means 1st round pick or top 5 org prospect, otherwhise Quick stays a Kings

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So why do you feel Ottawa would be willing to trade their proven, bonafide #1 d man who is locked up to a VERY fair contract for a couple of magic beans (no matter how special they are)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
LA has no reason to include Quick if is ups the cost. Also don't see LA trading Clarke and Turcotte. Don't see Ottawa doing this at all .

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I would do a Clarke + for Chabot but there is no reason that Ottawa would. They have a stud signed long term who is very young. Ottawa is at a similar stage in rebuild as LA so going back years in development makes no sense for them.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I couldn't care less...

So, with that mind... maybe quit trying to tell me what to do

Says the poster who has started 30+ absurd trade/free agent threads with cutesy titles and arrogantly refuses to listen to feedback from 32 fanbases as he chugs on to his next absurd proposal.

The discussions can/should be fun if you actually took the feedback constructively, i.e. going off and including Clarke literally the thread after being told not to and then getting upset you're getting called out on it is just self-flagellation.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
So why do you feel Ottawa would be willing to trade their proven, bonafide #1 d man who is locked up to a VERY fair contract for a couple of magic beans (no matter how special they are)

I think the obvious reason - which I mentioned in the OP - is that Ottawa is years away from contention..

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
LA has no reason to include Quick if is ups the cost. Also don't see LA trading Clarke and Turcotte. Don't see Ottawa doing this at all .

I would do a Clarke + for Chabot but there is no reason that Ottawa would. They have a stud signed long term who is very young. Ottawa is at a similar stage in rebuild as LA so going back years in development makes no sense for them.

I disagree...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Says the poster who has started 30+ absurd trade/free agent threads with cutesy titles and arrogantly refuses to listen to feedback from 32 fanbases as he chugs on to his next absurd proposal.

The discussions can/should be fun if you actually took the feedback constructively, i.e. going off and including Clarke literally the thread after being told not to and then getting upset you're getting called out on it is just self-flagellation.

Do you not see how absurd it is to tell another poster who they can or can't include in their proposals?

What kind of flagellation would that be?

I don't generally laugh at the responses I get, but I am chuckling at your "You were told not to but did it anyway!"

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Do you not see how absurd it is to tell another poster who they can or can't include in their proposals?

What kind of flagellation would that be?

Read the whole line.

Feel free to include whoever you want, goodness knows you will and have time and time again--just don't go all surprised Pikachu when you get rocked for it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ottawa out: Chabot, T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta

I wouldn't do Chabot for Turcotte + Clarke so forget it if OTT has to take Maatta and give up a 2nd

Ottawa doesn't need more prospects, they need their current prospects to develop into solid players, like Chabot did before

Also, when Ottawa finally has a solid team (money invested?), people will actually realize how good Chabot is.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Read the whole line.

Feel free to include whoever you want, goodness knows you will and have time and time again--just don't go all surprised Pikachu when you get rocked for it.

The reason I'm getting rocked for it because they think they have some authority over others and their proposals... that mindset is the point of contention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad