Confirmed Trade: [CGY/OTT] Curtis Lazar and Mike Kostka for Jyrki Jokipakka and a 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He's been acceptable as a bottom six forward.

He was as huge whipping boy when he was played on our 1st line. Quite a few of us have been quite happy with him in our bottom 6. If Lazar can add a similar physicality into the bottom 6, I will be happy.

Huh, good for him. He sucked like a vacuum in his time here, so good for him to put some semblance of a career together.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
overpayment. Jim Benning was laughed at, for the possibility of offering a 2nd.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
If Lazar scores 20G with the Flames next year, I'll be happy as hell. He's one of the hardest working and most likeable guys in the NHL. I wish him the best.

Just didn't work out in Ottawa.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Based on what we've seen of Lazar, he doesn't scream 20G potential. Maybe he gets close in a career year.

However, development curves are not linear. I wish Lazar the best of luck in Calgary.

Bezer

Aug 30, 2009
Calgary
If Lazar scores 20G with the Flames next year, I'll be happy as hell. He's one of the hardest working and most likeable guys in the NHL. I wish him the best.

Just didn't work out in Ottawa.

Pretty much my sentiment when Bart went to Vancouver and honestly I am happy that is it working out for him there.

Hopefully it is a similar situation in Calgary for Lazar.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Lazar; the one guy who said he'd score 30 odd goals.

Has only just managed 36 points in 170+ games.

Sure, screams high potential to me.

Waste of a 1st Rounder for me.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
That's the trick question. :laugh: Whichever you pick, it's equally as painful.

But if you pick fingers, you won't pay flute afterwards.

Not any difficult songs, anyway.

Of course for a ballet dancer toes would be career ending, to there's that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What happened to Lazar? Seems weird to give up so soon on a guy this young.

Hopefully in Calgary Lazar can Ressucitate.

Wasn't really put in a position to succeed, and tossed into the NHL way too early.

He doesn't have good hands, but he has a ton of heart and hustle. I see him as maturing into a solid 3C who will do a lot of the dirty work along the boards and corners, be a defensive conscience on a line, and get most of his points by crashing the net.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wasn't really put in a position to succeed, and tossed into the NHL way too early.

He doesn't have good hands, but he has a ton of heart and hustle. I see him as maturing into a solid 3C who will do a lot of the dirty work along the boards and corners, be a defensive conscience on a line, and get most of his points by crashing the net.

So a sort of Shaw in a way. Still I find sad how organizations give up on young players so soon.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Lazar doesn't have the hands for more than 40. And that's with good linemates in my opinion.

He has every tool except the two most important ones as an offensive player - hands and vision.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I still think he can be a 15-20 guy who provides energy. When you look at the Flames young forwards, they definitely need a few energy guys.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I remember being told he was going to be a regular 30g scorer who would hit 40g at least one year

Meh, Mike Knuble scored 30 goals.

Anything is possible.

Ottawa had to get him out of dodge because you can't have a guy producing one point in 31 games asking for more icetime and more responsibility via his agent. Sets a bad precedent for other players.

Meanwhile, Calgary gets a guy who can get a fresh start in some optimum conditions given his history in that part of the world in Junior.

Kind of a logical trade really.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Meh, Mike Knuble scored 30 goals.

Anything is possible.

Ottawa had to get him out of dodge because you can't have a guy producing one point in 31 games asking for more icetime and more responsibility via his agent. Sets a bad precedent for other players.

Meanwhile, Calgary gets a guy who can get a fresh start in some optimum conditions given his history in that part of the world in Junior.

Kind of a logical trade really.

:laugh: that's fair. And hopefully he just needs a change of scenery like some guys do actually need. Worked wonders for JVR

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Huh, good for him. He sucked like a vacuum in his time here, so good for him to put some semblance of a career together.

At what point will Sens fans stop labelling and blaming Lazar and throw some of that at the coaches and management for the way he was handled? Putting an 18 year old in the lineup on the 4th line makes no sense. Screams at me that the Sens had no clue what they had in Lazar. He should've been sent back to junior to develop. Fine by me, I love the move for the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad