Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Juuso Valimaki signs extension with the Flames (2 years, $1.55M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can’t wait to see all the superstars the Habs drafted… Struble, Norlinder, Brook, Harris. I’ve been hearing these guys are all going to be top pair D for a few years now. It’ll be interesting to see how that turns out :laugh:

Reactions: Devonator

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I can’t wait to see all the superstars the Habs drafted… Struble, Norlinder, Brook, Harris. I’ve been hearing these guys are all going to be top pair D for a few years now. It’ll be interesting to see how that turns out :laugh:
They might end up like Kylington but they'll pump them up like they're Makar. Kotkaniemi is the first franchise center never to score 35 points.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Is his knee injury still holding him back? I know Flames fans and others were very optimistic about his ability. Hopefully he, like a number of young players from last season, can have a normal training camp and season to acclimate. I think a bunch of young players suffered last year with minimal practice and covid protocols. My guess is that we have not seen what he's actually capable of yet.

In limited viewings, it didn't seem like it, but he started with a bang and fizzled during the season. If I recall what I read in the Chychrun interviews about him figuring out how to do things after blowing or his ACL, I wonder if the knee bugged him as the season wore on and Valimaki is still learning to adjust.

ah the guy that was supposed to be better than Suzuki as per flames fans. I wonder where these guys are

Nobody was talking about Suzuki until you showed up. Trying to play humbrag victim of something?

Valimaki hasn't been the same since his ACL tear. I think he's still adjusting.

I think you're just making stuff up.

I don't recall Valimaki being compared head to head with Suzuki a few years ago, but he definitely was ahead of most of the dmen drafted just before and after him before the ACL injury.

I mean to be fair, I guess it's possible someone said they were roughly close to value of potential top line forward vs top pairing dmen, but I don't think it was a common belief by many posters in general. Two years ago, we'd have Valimaki over Hanifin. Hanifin went beast mode and Valimaki stalled due to ACL injury.

Reactions: My3Sons

Pyy83

Jan 12, 2012
Great player, I see him becoming a Esa Lindell-caliber player, reminds me the most, without the extra goofiness of Esa of course.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To hell with comparing Valimaki and Suzuki now.... I just want to see proof of all those supposed comments back in 2017 where all those Flames fans were apparently bragging that Valimaki is a better player than Suzuki.

We're waiting on you @Legend123
Inquiring minds want to know.

Ledge And Dairy

To hell with comparing Valimaki and Suzuki now.... I just want to see proof of all those supposed comments back in 2017 where all those Flames fans were apparently bragging that Valimaki is a better player than Suzuki.

We're waiting on you Legend123
The part that confuses me the most about this is Suzuki wasnt even a member of the Habs organization in 2017

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

We're waiting on you @Legend123
suzuki wasn't a hab in 2017 lmao wth are u on about

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
always good to rub it off on oblivious fans when they state outlandish claims.

If I claim Caufield will be better than Lafreniere and it doesn't happen, I would deserve the poke.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lol? Thats not even remotely close to the top 100 dumbest threads on HF. Valimaki still very much has #1 potential you are just a troll trying to cause havoc for literally no reason at all
First it was no one even said that.... lolol

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Someone has their panties in a knot because back in 2018 Flames fans weren't interested in trading a just turned 20 yr old straight out of Jr hockey NHL dman for an unproven fwd still playing Jr hockey. Sheesh.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
One of the dumbest threads on hf

In a long time

Proposal: - [CGY-MTL] J. Valimaki for N. Suzuki

November 19th, 2018. Lol.

You’re that guy that consistently brings up that he was once with the hottest girl… In high school, 20 years ago.

Why bring up a a thread from a few years ago? Valimaki has been riddled with injuries, yet still has #1D potential, especially with Gio out. Sure sounds like someone that wants to cause contention.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Oh my goodness I remember that thread from like 3 years ago debating Josh Brook with that massive Habs homer 'draft expert'.

Him: He's a top 10 prospect in the NHL.
Me: Yeah, I've watched him a ton because I'm normally a Hitman STH. I was travelling a lot for work and watching a bunch of games in MH and MJ, and someone who watches a lot of local access cable; where WHL games are played in Calgary. He's okay, it took to his D+2 to break out offensively like he did; normally guys who'd be top 10 prospects in the NHL would be doing what he was doing in their 17 or 18 season. Not as an overager. We've seen it a bunch, not that he's not NHL caliber, because he might get there; but he's not a surefire top 10.
Him: I've watched him too! A bunch! And he's amazing! Guys like Valimaki, Bouchard, Dobson are a tier below.
Me: K.

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
I see that Valimaki is now playing for Stockton. I assume Sutter is not a fan of him. What are his chances to grab a spot back?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
0% Sutter doesn't like his game

Wouldn't be shocked to see him in a deadline deal

I think Sutter would rather have him playing than Kylington, but Kylington forced his hand with his hot start. I still see Valimaki as part of the future.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think Sutter would rather have him playing than Kylington, but Kylington forced his hand with his hot start. I still see Valimaki as part of the future.
If Sutter wanted him playing he would be. The guy that rolls with Richardson, Lewis, Ritchie, Zadorov (who outside a few games recently has been bad most nights) isn't being forced to play anyone. Valimaki may get a spot next year but like I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to help the offense this season.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Darnell Nurse clone for like 8M less.

Haha, okay maybe not, but what a salary difference Ken Holland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad