Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Juuso Valimaki signs extension with the Flames (2 years, $1.55M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
a shit ton. It was very common two years ago and for many flames fans to defend those statements

Imagine having a debate about two prospects selected three picks apart. Shocking really.

Valimaki missed two developmental years so to compare them now would be silly.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
yeah only towards 2018-19/20 before Suzukis rookie season. Some posters even tried to make me look ridiculous for stating Suzuki is a by far better prospect and would never trade him 1v1 for Valimaki

Almost like a prospect missing massive amounts of time to injury and then being stuck on a team of players who don't care lost nights could stunt development.

What is with people coming into most signing threads I click just to be uppity weirdos?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The kid has had some tough injury luck and has missed a ton of development time.
Drafted in 2017 and got hurt 24 games into the 2018-19 Flames season and then didn't play for the Flames again until 2021.
I hope the bad luck is finally behind him.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Very happy with this, he's had a bunch of injuries that have derailed him so far. Could be a home run if he gets anywhere near his potential.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
a shit ton. It was very common two years ago and for many flames fans to defend those statements

I once had a Sens fan tell me Silf was gonna be the next Rocket Richard winner cause he dented a post in practice with a wrist shot.

You gotta take excited fans with a grain of salt.

I love Suzuki, but two years ago it was definitely still somewhat close, and then bias takes its place beyond that. Vali is still young and missed a lot of development time. We'll see if he ever recovers.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Imagine having a debate about two prospects selected three picks apart. Shocking really.

Valimaki missed two developmental years so to compare them now would be silly.
idgaf where they were drafted. It was always Suzuki and almost certainly stay that way considering where Suzuki is trending and Valimaki the opposite direction

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Almost like a prospect missing massive amounts of time to injury and then being stuck on a team of players who don't care lost nights could stunt development.

What is with people coming into most signing threads I click just to be uppity weirdos?
EXCUSES. Valimaki never had anything special yet flames fans were always so keen to overhype him based on being a top 16 pick

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
EXCUSES. Valimaki never had anything special yet flames fans were always so keen to overhype him based on being a top 16 pick

Valimaki was dominating Liiga, scoring above PPG in the WHL and pacing for 60 points in the AHL. Of course fans were hyped. Still should be.

I've seen Habs fans say Suzuki will be better than Gaudreau. :laugh:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

When you were 19 did you rupture your ACL, miss an entire year of playing pro sports and then have to try to find the level you used to play at? Man you really are just here to start arguments, text book troll.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How is Valimaki trending down? Hes literally only played 1 season and defense always take longer to develop. What an awful take
Me thinks someone decided to come out from under their bridge tonight and take a stroll. Best to ignore.

Reactions: Kapteeni

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He played in the NHL in his D+2 season. I think he's going to be a top 4 D in his prime and he's only 22 years old so far. I prefer Valimaki to Juolevi, he's got 30 pounds on Olli and he's younger. The puck-moving, IQ is all there with Valimaki. The Flames have a good player here but they need to support him with a good righty.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
well its certainly not upwards lol
A year lost due to a knee injury might do that. The fact he jumped right into the NHL right after is impressive, or do you not understand the usual NHL defensemen curve? Romanov must be dog$hit if that is the case.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A year lost due to a knee injury might do that. The fact he jumped right into the NHL right after is impressive, or do you not understand the usual NHL defensemen curve? Romanov must be dog$hit if that is the case.
not being as good as suzuki doesn't make one bad. Always hard for people to differentiate between the two

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad