Confirmed Trade: [CGY/ARI] Michael Stone at 50% retained FOR 2017 3rd round pick and a 2018 cndl 5th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yep there's probably not a whole lot of difference between a 42 points player and a 9 point player, you really got that one right.

Yes, I was totally implying that those two have the same value and not just implying that returns for rentals isn't going to be as high as some people on here want to think. Yeah, for sure. I thought including Kulikov would have given that away, but I guess not.

This trade actually probably very accurately reflects what Kulikov is going to bring back, the Shattenkirk comment was just showing that his price on this site is higher than what he'll actually be traded for if he gets traded.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I don't think he is bad at all. He was quite good actually last year but suffered a pretty serious knee injury the last few weeks of the season..

I think coming to a team with actual structure will do wonders for him.

lol at the rangers having structure

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
What has caused Stone's play to fall off compared to his previous two seasons? His CA60 is absurdly high.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Pretty good deal. Some of the prices being thrown around for pure rental players has been ridiculous as they rarely pan out. I'm sure Ari phoned around and this is probably the best offer they got.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yes, I was totally implying that those two have the same value and not just implying that returns for rentals isn't going to be as high as some people on here want to think. Yeah, for sure. I thought including Kulikov would have given that away, but I guess not.
If Shattenkirk doesn't return a 1st+ then he wont be traded.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
If they were hoping to go by the precedent that Peter Chiarelli spent on Larsson, they were sadly mistaken.

Because there's a ton in common between an injury-riddled pending UFA and a player signed to one of the best bargain contracts in the NHL.

Seriously, what is this place's obsession with the Hall/Larsson trade? Is it salt that the Oilers actually improved as a result?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't think he is bad at all. He was quite good actually last year but suffered a pretty serious knee injury the last few weeks of the season..

I think coming to a team with actual structure will do wonders for him.
if If Dave Tippett brings one thing, it's team structure.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
God dammit.

Stone isn't that good but if it means getting Wideman out of the top 4 then a 3rd and conditional 5th is a steal of a trade for Calgary.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly though, given that Petry got a 2nd+cond 5th as a pending UFA this deal is not at all surprising. Petry is a solid #3 while Stone is a good #5 or underwhelming #4.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
All i have been hearing about is how bad Stone has been this season, so why exactly is the return surprising?

Exactly.

He's a bottom pairing guy on a decent team, top four on a bad team. Pretty much what he should've got in the market. He has his moments but so do many guys.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Because there's a ton in common between an injury-riddled pending UFA and a player signed to one of the best bargain contracts in the NHL.

Seriously, what is this place's obsession with the Hall/Larsson trade? Is it salt that the Oilers actually improved as a result?

It's extremely annoying, in every freaking Dman trade thread, even ones that aren't remotely related to the Hall/Larsson trade scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad