OT: CFL: Ottawa Redblacks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Horrific injury to Acklin.

Didn't look good by any stretch. Hoping he can make a full recovery.

Reactions: bert

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Thank god he did and man he played well. That was one of the most fun entertaining redblacks games I've ever seen. If Masoli keeps rolling he should start until he loses. That was the most complete performance by a qb on the road all season. Much harder than beating Calgary at home on 4 days rest.

In regards to the command center. Acklin talked about how insane its been. He thinks over 85% of calls have gone against them. I wonder if he gets fined.

It certainly feels that way.

The team was showing a command center scoreboard on the big screen at the game the last few weeks (something like 1 call in favour of Ottawa and ~12 against, with an Illuminati pyramid/eye watermark on the graphic) I didn’t notice it tonight, maybe they were told to quit it.

Big win for the team. They did a great job at closing this one out.

It was awesome to see Mardner finally break out. Onyeka has been contributing as well. Starting to look like a good draft.

Reactions: Senscore

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I hope Acklin is ok that was scary stuff. Big loss for the team he's been amazing. Thoughts and prayers. Really liked the leadership Brown showed in his post game interview. Talked about how undisciplined they were which was honestly really sad. It almost cost them. B.C never goes for it on 3 and 7 if they didn't start with better field position. Which was two bench penalties in 3 plays.

Reactions: Bileur

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Did they explain what those bench penalties were for?
Generally that is for too much chirping and yapping, either at the opponents or at officials.

I am of the view that there are way too many people in the bench area, namely injured players and practice roster guys. I have watched games from the rows close to the home bench, and I swear these guys don't shut up the entire night. If I'm the head coach, I am sending all the injured and practice roster players to the stands, along with any other hangers on who shouldn't be in the bench area.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
That defense has proved to be amongst the top in the league so far this year! This sets things up well for fall season football and a competitive team.

Glancing the schedule, I see that the RB's will have 7 road games and only 3 home games left before the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?)

They are also going to be playing mostly eastern team so 4 point games in a race to for that eastern playoff bye.

Hope they can keep this up.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That defense has proved to be amongst the top in the league so far this year! This sets things up well for fall season football and a competitive team.

Glancing the schedule, I see that the RB's will have 7 road games and only 3 home games left before the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?)

They are also going to be playing mostly eastern team so 4 point games in a race to for that eastern playoff bye.

Hope they can keep this up.
5-5 I’d say, it’s a tough schedule

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have to say the best player for the RedBlacks & the real reason for having a decent yr this yr has been the acquisition of Drew Brown more than any other player. He has made the most difference with this team & their revival. He is having an MVP season for the RedBlacks.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
RB's penalties are negating any potential for a comeback vs BC.

They are absolutely lacking discipline in this game.

They will likely loose this one and will have lost a great opportunity. Now the Argo's who are turning a corner are going to be breathing down Ottawa's neck.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
RB's penalties are negating any potential for a comeback vs BC.

They are absolutely lacking discipline in this game.

They will likely loose this one and will have lost a great opportunity. Now the Argo's who are turning a corner are going to be breathing down Ottawa's neck.
Been a common theme. Brown even addressed it after last week's win. Pretty sad and pathetic to put that much work in but have your ego ruin it.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Ottawa Redblacks release starting running back Ryquell Armstead 'in best interests of team'​

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
He was pretty effective, he must be quite the hothead to get released from the team. Guess we saw the start of that after he got automatically suspended after 2 misconduct violations against Calgary.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Redblacks dominating Argos leading 31-3 at HT. Webb with 2 td's on interception returns

Reactions: Senscore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad