OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Amazing drive out of this offense. The only blemish was that sack Fields took, but Fields more than made up for it with both his scrambling and throwing.

He's making it a legit QB battle, I don't think Wilson just trots in and gets the job back if Fields plays like this.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Wow! throwing outs in the end zone to your massive tight end who can somewhat catch!

What is this an offense?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I honestly feel the quality of football as a whole has been getting worse over the past few years. It may be nostalgia or bias just from being a Steelers fan, but it really seemed like the game was higher quality in the late 2010s than it is now.

It has. Quality of NFL has gone down while the quality of CFB has gone up imo.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Washington could have been 5'7" and it'd have been easy with the space we have.

It's unreal watching an offence where guys are open and the offensive line is making things easy. I also suspect I'll have to say nice things about Fields when I rewatch that one.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why does it always seem like after we score, the other team matches down the field, just like the Pens always give up a goal within minutes of scoring one lol

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Better players, worse football. Defenses are really athletic and there’s not that many good QBs.

I don't have the historical comps but this feels like a nasty generation of pass rushers with a lot of smart DCs who know how to make things confusing. Which I think is why the successful teams outside Mahomes right now are heavy running teams.

I also think I've heard people say this generation of OL aren't ready due to less physical preparation through high school and college too tho.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I don't have the historical comps but this feels like a nasty generation of pass rushers with a lot of smart DCs who know how to make things confusing. Which I think is why the successful teams outside Mahomes right now are heavy running teams.

I also think I've heard people say this generation of OL aren't ready due to less physical preparation through high school and college too tho.
with the players we have, you could see a replay of the 70's dee. ....well almost.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Really nice run by Harris to get them out of that bad spot. Zach Frazier just sat on the defender and opened up a lane for Harris.

Frazier is so good already, it's completely night and day comparing Cole last year to Frazier this year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Smart get rid of it decision from Fields. It's that sort of not shooting himself on the foot stuff he's got to do to stick around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad