CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Wonderful--thanks again for doing this.

A CFL classic and look at that talent on the field for both clubs-- and of course Mr. Instant field position, Tristan Jackson--haha--love it.

Just that clip reminded me how much I absolutely hated Nick Lewis.

He was a dink, but I think I mostly hated how he was the rare breed of fat, but still able to move. When he caught the ball in motion you could pretty much bank on an additional 10+ YAC yards every time.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
On the topic of Tristan Jackson, there was one game here against Calgary where he lit it up.

Eskimos needed a TD with basically no time left, Jackson hits a massive return, then Ray hits Fred Stamps in the end zone for a walk off TD on the next play. Was in the stands for it, and I could remember basically knowing that Jackson was going to put us in a position to score with how he was playing that night. Was one of the more fun games I've been to over this 20 year time span we're talking about.

Edit - found the highlights.

What a fantastic game that was. Might have been Ray's longest TD run of his career. I miss those days.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
On the topic of Tristan Jackson, there was one game here against Calgary where he lit it up.

Eskimos needed a TD with basically no time left, Jackson hits a massive return, then Ray hits Fred Stamps in the end zone for a walk off TD on the next play. Was in the stands for it, and I could remember basically knowing that Jackson was going to put us in a position to score with how he was playing that night. Was one of the more fun games I've been to over this 20 year time span we're talking about.

Edit - found the highlights.

My son and I were at that game...he was 9 years old and was just jacked after that win.
Such an exiciting game. So many memorable Eskimos...Ray, Stamps, Jackson.
Really enjoyed hearing Cuthberts call as well.
What an awesome memory.
Thanks for posting that. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Wondering where Kavis Reed's bike is.

The diehards should remember that...

But for all of Kavis' faults, Jones 2.0 made Kavis look like Jones 1.0 by comparison.
In all the years I have watched the Eskimos I have never seen such a pathetic coach than Jones and I was a fan of them bringing him back

Reactions: K1984

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

They aren't changing the name if they are rolling this out.
Might have already been in production and they have no choice but to put them on sale. If a bunch of Elks fans buy them and then they change to Eskimos next year, brilliant marketing move by Thompson. Get both name sales in a short period of time. I happen to be aware of one individual that used to be on here that will probably purchase about a dozen of these for his family and friends.:D

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Might have already been in production and they have no choice but to put them on sale. If a bunch of Elks fans buy them and then they change to Eskimos next year, brilliant marketing move by Thompson. Get both name sales in a short period of time. I happen to be aware of one individual that used to be on here that will probably purchase about a dozen of these for his family and friends.:D

I think every team in the league has a vintage line that looks similar for their vintage jersey nights.

Maas was wearing an Aloutettes version of one of these last weekend.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone know what happened to Justin Rankin? Is he hurt? Could have really used him last game - a touchdown machine. Trying to find info on the CFL or Elks site is near impossible.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yes, in the past 2 seasons, once the D started to falter--- it was complete collapse. This year they are more experienced and don't panic as much. If the EE can keep this group together then I believe it will be the best defense in the West come next season.

OMG the EE are cursed wrt free agents. Bede and MBT will not return in 2025. Leake will be back based on the unexpected outcome that he is a fine tailback with lots of speed.

I don't know who the EE can sign that can be a threat to score on a punt or kickoff return. I guess such a player does not exist?? Strange that other teams seem to find them.
They currently have one on their roster. Leake was a scary machine with the Argos, and had a few nice ones here until they converted him to full time RB. I would give him his return position back and have him on selected offensive plays to maximize his value.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Anyone know what happened to Justin Rankin? Is he hurt? Could have really used him last game - a touchdown machine. Trying to find info on the CFL or Elks site is near impossible.
I believe he did play last game?

I think every team in the league has a vintage line that looks similar for their vintage jersey nights.

Maas was wearing an Aloutettes version of one of these last weekend.
Those Alouette uniforms looked really sharp. I hope the EE go back to their traditional stuff next season.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

They aren't changing the name if they are rolling this out.
Getting rid of current stock so you don’t have to hang on to what will be less desirable inventory next season when the team marketing approach changes.

They've already stated that the EE motif is going to be a major part of their marketing going forward, regardless of whether you believe the team name itself is changing.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad