CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Collaros continues to show Sask that they gave up too fast. Revolving door of QBs since he left.

And stupid penalty by Sask 90, Brown. Dummy.
Absolute moronic play by Brown. Blatant head shot. I stepped out and missed that dumbf***ery along with the return fiasco unforced error for a Bombers touchdown.

Well executed short-kick recovery after the (expected) failed two point conversion to tie. Hella effort and Lauther Hail Mary 60 yard field goal just coming up short. Riders, horseshoes and hand grenades... close but still another L.

Reactions: brentashton

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Collaros continues to show Sask that they gave up too fast. Revolving door of QBs since he left.

And stupid penalty by Sask 90, Brown. Dummy.

I don't think he becomes the QB he does if he stays in Sask, a change of scenery was needed. He couldn't stay healthy at all, and Fajardo came in and played lights out in 2019 and stole his job.

He looks like he's nearing the end though, he's been abysmal this year.

Was that 2nd last play of the game actually PI? They didn't show a replay in the stadium (beautiful night for football).

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I don't think he becomes the QB he does if he stays in Sask, a change of scenery was needed. He couldn't stay healthy at all, and Fajardo came in and played lights out in 2019 and stole his job.

He looks like he's nearing the end though, he's been abysmal this year.

Was that 2nd last play of the game actually PI? They didn't show a replay in the stadium (beautiful night for football).
You are probably right about Zack, he’s had a rebirth in Peg but looks like the end is near.

As for the PI call, I thought it was the right call. Glad you got to go to the game. I was in and out of the cabin and deck so was watching TV sometimes and listening to it on CKRM on my earbuds otherwise.

Absolute moronic play by Brown. Blatant head shot. I stepped out and missed that dumbf***ery along with the return fiasco unforced error for a Bombers touchdown.

Well executed short-kick recovery after the (expected) failed two point conversion to tie. Hella effort and Lauther Hail Mary 60 yard field goal just coming up short. Riders, horseshoes and hand grenades... close but still another L.
Yes the short kick was a fun play to watch them execute successfullly. Another foot or two on the kick though and Jefferson would have had that ball all to himself.

I thought Lauther was going to make it as the ball carried, then it just seemed to hit an invisible wall. Oh well, we will get them next week in stinkytown.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
If anyone gets bored watching the Tiger Cats v Argos, they may want to flip over to Netflix for this Labour Day “Classic”.

I think I will pass.

1725285944793.png

Reactions: bellagiobob

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Hey be kind…those banjo picking inbreds are my relatives. :)

Haha. I guess I'll self-identify as one of those 'banjo picking inbreds.' Proud of my Sasky heritage and always identify as being from Saskatoon despite not living there since the '80s.

Unfortunately on the two point convert the Peggers perfectly anticipated the Riders play call which had been successful in the game. Lauther's 60 year field goal attempt was a game effort with its height likely costing some distance. Guy's been back to form since his extremely rare one nightmare game.

I love Free Falling as an epic Tom Petty toonage. Not so much as a Riders losing streak gets longer and more dire.

Reactions: brentashton

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think we sweep the Stamps this week. Was interviewed by at Commonwealth three weeks ago and said this.

I’m not superstitious so don’t come at me for any BS jinx so don’t blame me if it doesn’t happen.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Trevor Harris sends the Banjo picking inbreds home disappointed. Brutal throw on that 2 point conversion.

Even Mace looked disgusted on the sideline with how bad that 2-point attempt was. Even if Bomber #1 doesn't pick it off, Bomber #2 was there to likely do the same. I have no idea what Harris saw there.

What a crazy last few minutes though. Wasn't listening to the commentary close enough to hear if it got mentioned, but the Bomber who appeared to end the game with the overturned PI pick-off NOT going down immediately (like he should have) might have actually won them the game. The play got overturned, but the extra 5 seconds that burned off the clock don't get replaced, and that forced Sask to immediately attempt the 60 yard FG. One extra play to gain a few yards would have been huge there.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Hamilton deciding to run an actual play instead of taking knees is an interesting decision. The Argos and Ti-cats play three times this year, so season series points tiebreaker was never in play. I just don't understand the thought process from many coaches in this league.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Hamilton deciding to run an actual play instead of taking knees is an interesting decision. The Argos and Ti-cats play three times this year, so season series points tiebreaker was never in play. I just don't understand the thought process from many coaches in this league.

I think they wanted to really 'stick it' to the Argos since it's Labour Day and they haven't had a whole lot to cheer about. With the win, the Tiger Cats still have some life for a miracle playoff push. The West Crossover route might be there best bet, unless the Argos have a complete collapse (which I wouldn't bet against since they've been terrible) and they take the 3rd East seed since they won the season series.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think they wanted to really 'stick it' to the Argos since it's Labour Day and they haven't had a whole lot to cheer about. With the win, the Tiger Cats still have some life for a miracle playoff push. The West Crossover route might be there best bet, unless the Argos have a complete collapse (which I wouldn't bet against since they've been terrible) and they take the 3rd East seed since they won the season series.

I suppose that was probably the impetus, but it sure would suck to get somebody injured or fumble the ball and potentially lose the game in pursuit of running up the score.

I don't think the crossover is realistic, in spite of the commentators suggesting it. Given how many games the Western teams still play against one another, it's highly probable that three of them will reach 8+ wins. It would take a perfect storm of results to see a 7 win team finish 3rd. So 9-9 looks like the minimum requirement for an Eastern crossover. Ti-Cats need to run the table to achieve that mark.

More likely that a single team faltering, in this case Toronto, would open the door for them, especially since they play the Argos one more time and can deal them another loss. The Argos have a pretty tough schedule remaining and could quite reasonably finish 8-10 if they continue struggling. An 8-10 Hamilton team would beat them out via tiebreaker. Still a longshot, but going 8-10 versus 9-9 is a notable distinction when you're already at 3-9. And Toronto could just keep losing and do even worse than 8-10; it's not possible for 3 Western teams to suffer a similar fate given the remaining schedule.

Reactions: Sensrule

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
MBT is a joke.

EDIT: And so is that delay of game.

JJ feels like the Esk equivalent of Todd Nelson...not the strongest coach, but looks amazing compared to the HC he replaced.

Reactions: Valhallis

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
They need to scrap pretty much any play that would make MBT susceptible to blitz. He makes Ricky Ray look like Mahomes.

Can’t believe they didn’t call a draw there, or that MBT couldn’t see what was coming and audible.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
What a horrible decision not to kick the field goal. With the wind that was within Faithfulls range.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
I suppose that was probably the impetus, but it sure would suck to get somebody injured or fumble the ball and potentially lose the game in pursuit of running up the score.

I don't think the crossover is realistic, in spite of the commentators suggesting it. Given how many games the Western teams still play against one another, it's highly probable that three of them will reach 8+ wins. It would take a perfect storm of results to see a 7 win team finish 3rd. So 9-9 looks like the minimum requirement for an Eastern crossover. Ti-Cats need to run the table to achieve that mark.

More likely that a single team faltering, in this case Toronto, would open the door for them, especially since they play the Argos one more time and can deal them another loss. The Argos have a pretty tough schedule remaining and could quite reasonably finish 8-10 if they continue struggling. An 8-10 Hamilton team would beat them out via tiebreaker. Still a longshot, but going 8-10 versus 9-9 is a notable distinction when you're already at 3-9. And Toronto could just keep losing and do even worse than 8-10; it's not possible for 3 Western teams to suffer a similar fate given the remaining schedule.

You hit the nail right on the head. I was guilty of being brainwashed by the commentator who mentioned the crossover route. There's a reason why an East team hasn't crossed over in quite some time (or ever for that matter). Safe to say, the Argos missed a glorious opportunity to really stomp the Tiger Cats of any playoffs hope and more importantly eliminate any doubt from their own heads that they're a bubble team. The 6-5 record the Argos are at is very flattering, they're not scaring anyone, especially the porous defense. Not much has changed for the Argos from the game against the Elks which was a wild one, aside from Kelly being at QB now.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Can we just get Ford in?

If they’re insisting on throwing the ball deep on 1st down, we’re going to need a QB with a prayer of moving around the pocket on 2nd and long.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
With the Stamps porous run D, this game was made for Ford at QB. Hopefully Jackson doesn’t wait too long to make the switch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad