CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Even Mace looked disgusted on the sideline with how bad that 2-point attempt was. Even if Bomber #1 doesn't pick it off, Bomber #2 was there to likely do the same. I have no idea what Harris saw there.

What a crazy last few minutes though. Wasn't listening to the commentary close enough to hear if it got mentioned, but the Bomber who appeared to end the game with the overturned PI pick-off NOT going down immediately (like he should have) might have actually won them the game. The play got overturned, but the extra 5 seconds that burned off the clock don't get replaced, and that forced Sask to immediately attempt the 60 yard FG. One extra play to gain a few yards would have been huge there.
Never mind that the pass on that 2 point convert got picked off, it looked like it was going to be 5 yards behind the only Rider receiver who was in the area anyway. Considering it was only a 10 yard throw made it even worse. All that work to come back in that game and when the opportunity to tie the game presented itself that’s what Harris delivered. It was a brutal effort.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Love the barbed wire on the Stamp’s helmets.

That stopped being cool in about 2005 at the latest, but hopefully they keep keeping on.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hey be kind…those banjo picking inbreds are my relatives. :)

lol, I’m sorry. I was watching the game yesterday and couldn’t remember the name of the Bombers player that started all of that. I remembered the entire incident and even what he looked like but not his name so I had to google it and the whole “banjo” thing was fresh in my mind while the game was ending. Twenty plus years later I still find the whole thing hillarious with Westwood’s apology being the best part. He was right though, most Rider fans don’t know how to play the banjo.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Maybe if they keep not calling play action or draws on second and long it will randomly work at some point.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This is incredibly frustrating because the team will inevitably dissolve in the 3rd quarter. Meanwhile doing nothing whatsoever to leverage strengths on offense that might actually put points on the board. Having no kicker that can make a field goal is the cherry on top.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
You hit the nail right on the head. I was guilty of being brainwashed by the commentator who mentioned the crossover route. There's a reason why an East team hasn't crossed over in quite some time (or ever for that matter). Safe to say, the Argos missed a glorious opportunity to really stomp the Tiger Cats of any playoffs hope and more importantly eliminate any doubt from their own heads that they're a bubble team. The 6-5 record the Argos are at is very flattering, they're not scaring anyone, especially the porous defense. Not much has changed for the Argos from the game against the Elks which was a wild one, aside from Kelly being at QB now.

We'll see if Kelly returns to form in the coming weeks, but the Argos don't look that cohesive right now. I still think Hamilton dug too deep a hole to catch them, but at least things will stay interesting for a couple more weeks at least.

The pure mathematical improbability of an Eastern crossover (in the 9 team/5 in the West era) has never really been discussed, probably because it's almost always the weaker division anyways. I'm curious as to what the odds actually are at the outset of a season. The West would have to produce the three worst records in the league from a schedule that has them each play 11 of 18 games against one another. My simple math has it at only 12% probability they'd produce the bottom three, but the unbalanced schedule would further diminish that. I'm not smart enough to factor that math into the equation, but I would think you could lower it a few more percentage points based on that. So in fairness to the East, it's pretty damn unlikely for them to crossover before the actual strength of the teams is even considered.

Faithful can't blow a kick that close, even allowing for a bit of rust. This team better be looking for a kicker.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Critical to close that drive out and build a two-score lead, but the D immediately sags. Calgary has dug out of some deficits this year and Edmonton has blown leads in the second half...not exactly confident here. Game shouldn't be this tight.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Just got some flashbacks to sitting in those awful corner benches at McMahon stadium. Man Calgary needs to do something to replace that place.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Keep dropping back on 1st and 10 and eat the blitz. Don’t do what actually works, just do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad