CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007
Do the Elks need to find a kicker that they pay $300K a year so they stop losing games because of the position?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Just an awful second half all around, no way to sugar coat it. But you know the league is at a low level when the best team in the league is managed by Danny, coached by Jason and QBed by Cody.
Too funny but ya, zero points in the 2nd half doesn't work in the CFL.

The guy just has no mobility to evade the rush--I've never seen a QB with less ability to do so ---and he does not have a very powerful or accurate arm.

Great credit to the defense for hanging in there with no run support in the last 30 minutes.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Defense got away with questionable hits last week. They didn’t tonight. That hit on Fajardo out of bounds to extend the drive was the turning point IMO.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Certainly no disgrace to lose by 4 points on the road to the best team in the league.

So frustrating to watch MBT. I wonder if he walks around all day with pigeons sitting on his shoulders. Like I said, just can't evade the rush.

Reactions: Valhallis

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Certainly no disgrace to lose by 4 points on the road to the best team in the league.

So frustrating to watch MBT. I wonder if he walks around all day with pigeons sitting on his shoulders. Like I said, just can't evade the rush.
Hopefully Ford ready for labor day. Bede will be cut Tmrw.

• Love
Reactions: Valhallis

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Just an awful second half all around, no way to sugar coat it. But you know the league is at a low level when the best team in the league is managed by Danny, coached by Jason and QBed by Cody.

At some point you have to give props to Montreal, they have a really good coaching staff beyond those guys and that's why they're successful. If you surround yourself with talented quality people you'll see success.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Don't really blame MBT on that one. Elks could've won the game like 3 different times if Bede just made the first kick to go down 1 point. Could've set up a walkoff FG perfectly

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
At some point you have to give props to Montreal, they have a really good coaching staff beyond those guys and that's why they're successful. If you surround yourself with talented quality people you'll see success.

I’ll give full props to them. But sorry, none of those three that I listed should be considered elite at their positions. It’s just the level that the league is at now. None of those three would be in the league at their positions back when the CFL was a better league. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more average 10-1 team in my life.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

If I just checked the score and saw we lost by 4, would have been fine with that. But watching the game, and the non existent second half was just demoralizing, another one step forward, two steps back kind of game. MBT and Bede can’t be in the lineup if we want to be a playoff team.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I’ll give full props to them. But sorry, none of those three that I listed should be considered elite at their positions. It’s just the level that the league is at now. None of those three would be in the league at their positions back when the CFL was a better league. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more average 10-1 team in my life.

It's the old saying about being the smartest person in the room. They surrounded themselves with talented people. Never thought I'd see it but they are 10-1 because of good coaching closing out close games. Gotta get a little bit lucky as well, and they have.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Don't really blame MBT on that one. Elks could've won the game like 3 different times if Bede just made the first kick to go down 1 point. Could've set up a walkoff FG perfectly
More than a qb loss for this one, kicker, bad play calling, terrible challenge, O-line had a couple of challenges. Gotta make a field goal though.

Reactions: Skar

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Missed the second half to go to Metallica...wtf happened? ZERO points in the entire second half? I knew not going for the TD late in the first half was going to haunt them...lost by 4 go figure.

Reactions: MessierII

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Missed the second half to go to Metallica...wtf happened? ZERO points in the entire second half? I knew not going for the TD late in the first half was going to haunt them...lost by 4 go figure.
Everything they did right in the first half they stopped doing in the second half. I mean credit to the Als for making some adjustments, but it was like we were playing scared, playing not to lose. Zero killer attitude. At 3-8, we are long past the stage of celebrating moral victories, likely need to win 5, likely 6 of the last 7 to make the playoffs.

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
I was only able to watch the second half and had to do so on mute. Probably should have just skipped this one entirely.
Frustrating because there's the makings of a decent team here. But personnel in critical positions are costing us games (QB/K/Coach).

Reactions: bellagiobob

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Everything they did right in the first half they stopped doing in the second half. I mean credit to the Als for making some adjustments, but it was like we were playing scared, playing not to lose. Zero killer attitude. At 3-8, we are long past the stage of celebrating moral victories, likely need to win 5, likely 6 of the last 7 to make the playoffs.

The only silver lining is that last night's loss doesn't really change the situation they're faced with. Winning 5 out of 6 against CGY, WPG, SSK was going to be required either way. No mulligans left for this crew now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad