CFL 2024

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I also loved Mcleod trashing the league about the schedule, if im not mistaken the NFL sometimes do sun-thurs turnarounds so I dunno why he’s upset. Guy is so frustrated and checked out, he’s ready to go home and never play in the Canadian football league again.

Time to put Ford in so he can look half decent and stir up a little hope only to shun the team in the off season and go somewhere else to play.

This franchise is train wreck entertainment.
You think he’s angry now, wait until he finds out about the Labour Day rematch with Calgary.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Its interesting how he refers to the "collective sigh of relief" that was felt thru out the organization when Jones was fired. I guess you never know how bad things have become behind the scenes.
Can’t say I’m surprised, bad enough to work for a jerk when things are going great, at least you can stomach it a bit. When things are as bad as they are it’s just miserable.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Can’t say I’m surprised, bad enough to work for a jerk when things are going great, at least you can stomach it a bit. When things are as bad as they are it’s just miserable.

Especially when difficult individuals like him start making chronic terrible decisions.

From 1000 feet I can just tell exactly how he is behind the scenes when things don’t work. Double down on stubborn, dumb decisions, snap at anyone that dare question the bad decisions, then blame everyone else when things go wrong. Been there before in other environments, and it’s the absolute worst.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Especially when difficult individuals like him start making chronic terrible decisions.

From 1000 feet I can just tell exactly how he is behind the scenes when things don’t work. Double down on stubborn, dumb decisions, snap at anyone that dare question the bad decisions, then blame everyone else when things go wrong. Been there before in other environments, and it’s the absolute worst.
I've been there too. It makes it tough to go to work everyday and it really takes a toll on your mental health.

Somebody I knew in the igloo told me that working with Tillman wasn't much better. People just wanted to stay home. At least with Tillman he wasn't there as much and was not on the field.

The name change hasn't helped but there is no doubt in my mind that a long series of "bad hires" has really hurt the club. The cumulative damage is now being seen on the field and in the stands. It is embarssing to watch.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I am glad they changed the name to Elks. This way I can pretend that it is a different team from the club that I was so invested in for so many years.

I started following this team in the mid 60's. There were some lean years until the early 70's where aside from watching Jim Long Gone Thomas there was not always a lot to cheer for. But man these last three plus years have been depressing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I am glad they changed the name to Elks. This way I can pretend that it is a different team from the club that I was so invested in for so many years.

I started following this team in the mid 60's. There were some lean years until the early 70's where aside from watching Jim Long Gone Thomas there was not always a lot to cheer for. But man these last three plus years have been depressing.
They've been depressing for most of the years I've been watching since around the same time I started watching the Oilers.

Brief flashes of brilliance in a few seasons but otherwise nothing of importance as incompetence as ruled the roost for so long.

Reactions: Sanchez

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
Is anyone else concerned for the future of this team and for the league?

I’ve been cheering for the green and gold since 1974 but I gave up my season tickets 3 years ago. All of my friends and family have completely turned their backs to the CFL. My children and their friends have no interest in the team or league.

Will the Double E and CFL survive?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Is anyone else concerned for the future of this team and for the league?

I’ve been cheering for the green and gold since 1974 but I gave up my season tickets 3 years ago. All of my friends and family have completely turned their backs to the CFL. My children and their friends have no interest in the team or league.

Will the Double E and CFL survive?
Not immediate concern for the league. Why? Strong and stable TV numbers. Their contact with TSN is expiring soon and the value of their TV ratings will give the league the position to demand a lot more than the 50 million a year they've been getting.
I think the EE will eventually be OK with new ownership. It'll take time and a lot of winning though.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I agree with him on the schedules but that doesn't excuse the fact that his play has been uninspiring.

Suck it up and play well- especially in the 2nd half.

This is the second time in a few weeks that he has gone off about the schedule. This isn’t anything new. It was negotiated in the CBA by his PA which as a player he is part of. A good part of the reason he is getting a very good salary is due to TV money, and they want games spread out during the summer, starting on Thursday. No different than the NFL with their Thursday games. Don’t really care for whiny athletes that constantly look outwardly to place blame for their problems.

FiftyFifty

Mar 13, 2018
This is the second time in a few weeks that he has gone off about the schedule. This isn’t anything new. It was negotiated in the CBA by his PA which as a player he is part of. A good part of the reason he is getting a very good salary is due to TV money, and they want games spread out during the summer, starting on Thursday. No different than the NFL with their Thursday games. Don’t really care for whiny athletes that constantly look outwardly to place blame for their problems.
He’s stupid like Cornelius. Not Eskimo breed. True Elk, though.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad