Prospect Info: Cedar Park

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm still in Miami and when I drive back to Houston, I pass Buc-ee's in literally every state now

Reactions: Elysian

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I do miss HEB, but not enough to offset the rest of the existential dread that is Texas.

Bucees is branching out a ton now. I'm sure it will hit Ohio one day. Hell, there's a Torchys Tacos in Columbus.
damn, what you hate about texas? i've lived all over the country, plenty worse than here.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lol. I'm just a broke motherf***er who likes the quality/price/consistency of their products.
Aside from their store brand being as good or better than name brands, when the pandemic shut down half the country's supply chain, I still got groceries without any issues.

I'm only annoyed with Bichsel dipping out because I had planned on catching a game over in Cedar Park this season since I haven't been in a few years, and I wanted to see him play live.
Pretty good chance he'll be back with the Texas Stars even for regular season games. SHL regular season ends in early March. Should Rögle finish 11th or 12th their season would then be over. They're currently 10th, two points ahead of 11th placed Malmö. SHL champion will be crowned towards the end of April but Rögle is highly unlikely to get there.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
damn, what you hate about texas? i've lived all over the country, plenty worse than here.

I mean, its flat, its getting crowded as f*** in all the places people want to live, its hot, its flat, did I mention its hot, there is basically no geography worth a crap anywhere near where people want to live, the roads are falling apart in the various places, the cities are broke, its flat and hot and full.

But hey if you don't care about any of those things more power to you

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I mean, its flat, its getting crowded as f*** in all the places people want to live, its hot, its flat, did I mention its hot, there is basically no geography worth a crap anywhere near where people want to live, the roads are falling apart in the various places, the cities are broke, its flat and hot and full.

But hey if you don't care about any of those things more power to you
no lies told about the heat. summers here kick my ass. lived in orlando a bit too, not as hot, but the humidity made it just as miserable. would love to pick up DFW and drop it in the southern rockies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The heat in Miami somehow feels worse than it ever did in Texas. It's more humid and it literally never goes away. I've lived here for almost 6 years and I don't think it's ever gotten below 50 F.

Although the worst of the Texas heat has gotten considerably worse in the past few years. I was there last summer when Houston was pushing into the upper 110s, that was unbelievable.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
The heat in Miami somehow feels worse than it ever did in Texas. It's more humid and it literally never goes away. I've lived here for almost 6 years and I don't think it's ever gotten below 50 F.

Although the worst of the Texas heat has gotten considerably worse in the past few years. I was there last summer when Houston was pushing into the upper 110s, that was unbelievable.
ugh yes. everything always feels damp.

..especially certain regions you'd prefer to keep dry :sarcasm:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW

Houston is a disgusting place. The only way we survive in this state is through the power of air conditioning and cheap electricity. Because this is basically Los Alamos without the scientists, and instead marketing executives.

• Haha
Reactions: Troy McClure and LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Houston is a disgusting place. The only way we survive in this state is through the power of air conditioning and cheap electricity. Because this is basically Los Alamos without the scientists, and instead marketing executives.
thousands of square miles of concrete don't help either. there really should be a movement to turn all business roofs into gardens or something. can turn the marketing execs into plant food.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Recently went to Orlando for a Disney/Universal trip with my gf. We'd be at the parks for not even like 10 minutes and already feel like we were drenched in sweat. That Florida humidity is no joke

Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1:29 in and Stankoven scores a beauty. Great finish right in front of the goal top shelf. Quick hands to roof it

1-0 Texas. Hopefully Texas adds a few more this period since it's the only one I'll be able to watch

14 goals for Stankoven leads the entire AHL btw

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bichsel takes a slashing penalty and Texas goes to the PK

After the PK, Stankoven nearly just had his 2nd off a Bourque rebound but the puck bounced over his stick/he was tied up a bit. Would've been an open net otherwise. That line is looking very dangerous tonight. Multiple times now they've had a lot of time and space in the O zone off the rush. Good patience by Bourque on this one to get himself right to the slot but he couldn't finish it

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Another slashing penalty for Bichsel. Not his fault though on this one, bad turnover from Stranges led to a breakaway. Stranges tried to pass to someone and I think it must've been deflected cause it went right to a Bakersfield player for the break from the Stars blueline in

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
End of the 1st period Texas up 1-0. I won't be around for the rest of the game though so hope Texas can win this one. Give me another Stankoven goal and a Bourque point and I'll be happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad