Prospect Info: Cedar Park

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
What happens when he gets sent back down to the AHL after "making it" like Harley or Oettinger? He will probably cry and run back to the Swiss league. You think he will grind like those two did?
We literally paid a 1st and 4th(with the potential it's a 3rd) for a player who was refusing to report to camp, and then made him eat scratches (in the PO too) to Joel Hanley of all players.

Oettinger should have been pissed, he had proven over a whole season he was the best goalie we had under contract and got f***ed over because Nill loves his useless veterans, cudos to him for taking it like a champ. 100% if I were him and had a team f***ing with me, like the team did Oettinger, after proving I was the best goalie on the roster, I'd a demanded a trade and not reported either. Never mind the financial impact of getting a significantly smaller AHL salary because the team wants to f*** with you for no reason.

Harley isn't quite the same scenario. He made it because of injuries

However none of this applies in the context of Bichsel.
He negotiated a European out clause which he had to exercise by December, and he did. It's a whole lot of nothing.
He wasn't going to play in the NHL and if i'm being honest, i would want all our young defenseman as far away from the "stars" development as possible. with the exception of maybe Harley, we haven't turned out a good defensemen that's spent any amount of time developing in our system in decades

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Reminder that Texas plays tonight at 9:00pm CT

I believe Bichsel will be in the lineup until December 1st passes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Texas opens the scoring 8 minutes in. They're giving credit to Bourque at the moment for a deflection, but I don't know that he touched it.

Bourque will get an assist either way on the goal

Reactions: piqued

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stankoven scores with a nice shot. Nice passing play too as Bourque fed him right in the slot for the shot. 2-0 Texas. 2 points for Bourque already tonight

Kyrou picks up the secondary assist

Reactions: piqued

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I believe Seminoff is a healthy scratch tonight as Scott Reedy is back in the lineup

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stankoven nearly had his 2nd. Received a pass from Bourque, split the defense, but just got stopped

Texas to the PK now tho

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3-2 game. Texas is getting themselves into penalty trouble. That's 5 penalties for them so far

4-2 Texas. Beautiful pass from Wheatcroft sets up Reedy for an open net goal.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tie game. 4-4

Texas was up 3-0 and 4-2 at one point

Shortly after that, Stankoven takes a shot and Pouliot buries the rebound. Great shift from Stankoven and Bourque, who both pick up assists on the play. 5-4 Texas

Reactions: LT and piqued

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If I had a choice of playing in Texas minor league or literally anywhere else in the entire world, I'd choose literally anywhere else.
Sorry but I don't get this. The AHL Stars play in one of the nicest facilities in the league in one of the most desirable cities in North America with incredible winter weather.

Does playing in Rockford Illinois and Loveland Colorado suck? Sure. It also sucks bussing across the plains of Western Canada.

What's your dream? To play in the NHL? How serious are you?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Some multipoint games from our prospects tonight:

Bourque: 4 assists
Stankoven: 1 goal, 2 assists
Kyrou: 2 assists

Wheatcroft with a nice assist too.

• Love
Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad