Prospect Info: Cedar Park

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bichsel penalty is a costly one. 4-3 Colorado to start the 3rd right after the penalty expires

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Brutal turnover by Pouliot and its 5-3 Colorado. 7:43 left in this one

2 terrible turnovers from AHL veterans in this game for Texas both led to goals

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Texas is the 2nd youngest team in the AHL btw.

Currently ranked 1st in the Central standinga and 7th in the league. Not a bad start to the season for a very inexperienced team

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Whoever already hates Marchment for his penalty antics is going to absolutely despise Bichsel

Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Eh... Bichsel's comes from aggression generally, not because he's constantly a step behind the play

I'm sure it's also an adjustment to learn what he can and can't get away with in the AHL/NHL.

Reactions: Sports2

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Reactions: David Castillo

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Really good stuff, DC

love these, keep 'em comin.

for the future.. any chance you can make the vid clips longer, and call out the numbers of who you're focusing on? would be a lot easier to figure out what's going on without watching it multiple times.

I really like when the video has a brief pause at the start and a circle or arrow indicates which player to focus on.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Fine, but not everyday NHL quality players. I'm surprised Karlstrom stayed in the AHL this year rather than going back to SHL for more money.
According to capfriendly, Karlström has a guaranteed AHL salary of 250'000 dollars. I don't know if that's accurate but I think the average SHL salary isn't even half of that. I'd give it a solid 0% chance Karlström would make more money in Sweden than in the AHL if those 250k are even remotely correct. SHL clubs don't have money at all. In Switzerland, Karlström could potentially get those 250'000 but he'd have to be lucky. Even in Switzerland I don't think he could make much more.

Reactions: Klockis

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Damn. Rough news for Texas. And for Dallas if they get some injuries on defense

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not the end of the world, but just sounds like a kid who is getting bad advice from representation or family.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not the end of the world, but just sounds like a kid who is getting bad advice from representation or family.

His girlfriend is probably Swedish and doesn't want to come to the USA, that is what it probably boils down to. There is no way it has anything to do with hockey.

Reactions: Elysian

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Playing in the AHL sucks, especially when you know there's zero chance you get called up to the NHL.
Is that true though? If Dallas had a long term d injury and needed to call up someone who would be in front of him? Petrovic and Pouliot are bad and in the AHL for a reason. Maybe they get called up because Dallas doesn't think Bichsel is ready but that seems iffy to me.

Count me in the camp that thinks this is girlfriend driven and Dallas is going to tell him he's in the AHL full time next season if he doesn't make the team out of camp.

Reactions: piqued

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Is that true though? If Dallas had a long term d injury and needed to call up someone who would be in front of him? Petrovic and Pouliot are bad and in the AHL for a reason. Maybe they get called up because Dallas doesn't think Bichsel is ready but that seems iffy to me.

Count me in the camp that thinks this is girlfriend driven and Dallas is going to tell him he's in the AHL full time next season if he doesn't make the team out of camp.
Do you really mean next season as in 2024-5? For that matter, while I think they might have told him that this season, I kind of doubt that he won't be in the running in a very strong way next year. I haven't seen more than a few highlights, but he seems near NHL ready, although there is some talk about making undisciplined plays that he does need to get out of his game.

It may be GF driven but in any case it seems like a case of bad timing for the Stars. I thought he might have made an in-season call up, perhaps even as late as just before the playoffs, a la Harley. Now, I agree he won't be a factor until the next training camp and we lose potentially a half season of NHL time for him.

Reactions: piqued

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad